PDA

View Full Version : who knows...

kuju
03-05-2005, 02:52
who knows what class is the overall best for pvp? (have a war/monk so dont insist that) i sorta want w/e can do the most dmg fast...but a decent servivablity

Thanks

Dryyk
03-05-2005, 02:58
Join a guild then build your PvP character around what their team needs. A single PvP character build is useless in my opinion.. But then again my Guild is very team based.

Warrior Monks are good for surviving a long time. Necros are pretty darn good at dishing out the damage with Curses and what not. It really just depends on your play-style.

kuju
03-05-2005, 02:58
well my guild isnt really that big yet and all i do in pvp is koga (cus i have no idea what the others are for lol...if some1 wanna tell me that would be great) and i see a ton a w/mo around so i was thinking of a decent survive class that can really dish out dmg....

The Norse
10-05-2005, 19:31
let me say this. whatever you want to have, warrior, mesmer, elementerist, ranger, monk or necromancer ull do just fine with the one u choose, just choose something you think looks cool enough, and when you learn to play with that build, u will do just as well as you would with another build, but you would have to modify how you play.
but when u guys say a warrior, has the best chance of surviving the loongest and they do, "ok" dmg, please... yea theyr good tanks etc etc, but if theyr targeted by some pissed mesmers and necromancers, iw seen my life (as a warrior/monk) go by by in less then 4.3 secounds, (tried to be funny there)

anyhow, how good you are in pvp is not how many charts of "numbers" you run on excel bout how much a warrior does in dmg. thats really bull, u have to play smart to be good in pvp, there is no "better" proffecion, yes a warrior would most likely own a mesmer just standing there, but with a smart player behind the mesmer and a moron behind the warrior, there is no saying the warrior would win, he would most likely get owned.

-story continues-

iw read bout 10 diffrent topics now, bout whats better and what best, its really boring, what i got out of it, is that everyone think that theyr build is the best, and why wouldnt that be the truth, ur only how good as you play ur char, as the front of the game says, "welcome to a world where skills decides ur faith" or whetever, something like it anyhow. but what would be crucial isnt how LEET ur combo are, or how mean ur build is, becous u might come up in a situation that makes you have to change ur tactiks, run away etc, how smart is it then to "calculate" exactly how much energy u need to finnish the combo, then not have the energy to sprint away, know im putting it on a limb here but bare with me. u cant decide what ur gonna do before a fight, "im gonna kill the monk" ok but what if the other teams rangers cripples you the mesmer drains ur skit out, and the warrior has his way with you with an obnociusly big hammer. think bout it, the only thing thats smart to plan is the tactic of the team. thats whats so great bout the game, it is balanced, and how good you are, dusnt depend on how much you have grinded, sure it helps with a good sword armour etc, but if you dont play smart, u get owned, no matter what proffecion you are...

Hokutan
14-05-2005, 01:55
let me say this. whatever you want to have, warrior, mesmer, elementerist, ranger, monk or necromancer ull do just fine with the one u choose, just choose something you think looks cool enough, and when you learn to play with that build, u will do just as well as you would with another build, but you would have to modify how you play.
but when u guys say a warrior, has the best chance of surviving the loongest and they do, "ok" dmg, please... yea theyr good tanks etc etc, but if theyr targeted by some pissed mesmers and necromancers, iw seen my life (as a warrior/monk) go by by in less then 4.3 secounds, (tried to be funny there)

anyhow, how good you are in pvp is not how many charts of "numbers" you run on excel bout how much a warrior does in dmg. thats really bull, u have to play smart to be good in pvp, there is no "better" proffecion, yes a warrior would most likely own a mesmer just standing there, but with a smart player behind the mesmer and a moron behind the warrior, there is no saying the warrior would win, he would most likely get owned.

-story continues-

iw read bout 10 diffrent topics now, bout whats better and what best, its really boring, what i got out of it, is that everyone think that theyr build is the best, and why wouldnt that be the truth, ur only how good as you play ur char, as the front of the game says, "welcome to a world where skills decides ur faith" or whetever, something like it anyhow. but what would be crucial isnt how LEET ur combo are, or how mean ur build is, becous u might come up in a situation that makes you have to change ur tactiks, run away etc, how smart is it then to "calculate" exactly how much energy u need to finnish the combo, then not have the energy to sprint away, know im putting it on a limb here but bare with me. u cant decide what ur gonna do before a fight, "im gonna kill the monk" ok but what if the other teams rangers cripples you the mesmer drains ur skit out, and the warrior has his way with you with an obnociusly big hammer. think bout it, the only thing thats smart to plan is the tactic of the team. thats whats so great bout the game, it is balanced, and how good you are, dusnt depend on how much you have grinded, sure it helps with a good sword armour etc, but if you dont play smart, u get owned, no matter what proffecion you are...

Amen!,you said it best

this_barb
17-05-2005, 09:44
Mesmer ^^

Warriors/Rangers attacking you?

No problem, EMPATHY.

Casters annoying you?

Don't sweat it, BACKFIRE.

A Mesmer can't lose to a Warrior if he/she has the proper skills...

Honestly, I think a team of 8 Mesmers (all balanced to focus on each aspect of combat: melee, caster, ranged) could decimate any other team. That's just how I feel.

DutchSmurf
17-05-2005, 11:21
If the other team is smart enough to wait a moment they will have no problems killing you in the end. All mesmer doesn't have the damage needed to kill anyone if the target is not using skills/not attacking. Endresult will be a long and boring match.

Mesmer-Warrior would be fun to watch. I'm not sure who wins in the end if both are played well.

Diceclock
17-05-2005, 20:07
Lies, all lies. Warrior/Monk is the best pvp'er. Everyone should roll W/Mo's. There is no point in playing any other class. People who tell you the game is balanced lie. Just be a W/Mo like everybody else. :happy14:

Hunt3r_kill4
20-05-2005, 06:43
I do not get why everyone, EVERYONE, always ask "what is the best build for pvp?"

Perhaps its too many repetitive and tedious games such as Diablo II that brainwashed these people, or perhaps thats their logic.

However, Guild Wars is a whole different universe, there is no so called "Perfect" or "best" build, every class and combination has their own upsides and downsides. Thats all there is to it.

W/E has many pros and cons

Pros: Conjure Element, blinding from air, defense from earth, slowness and protection from water, and damage from fire. They have nice support AoE spells, and other close combat knockdown skills such as whirlwind/gale

Cons: Warrior primary has little energy/energy recharge, cant keep up spells. Also, they lack the healing of W/Mo, and Dodging of W/R. They miss out on energy draining skills from W/Me, and life degeneration/leech from W/N.

rastigi
21-05-2005, 00:38
You should ask what the 'worst' PvP build is, then make it and use it to own everyone.