PDA

View Full Version : Need Help..

Tektronix
03-05-2005, 04:26
i just started the game as a ranger and need help in deciding my 2nd profession. Im going for the Damage Output type. I was thinking Ranger/Monk? Suggestions please. :confused:

Kit
03-05-2005, 05:22
I am a level 11 R/Mo. I don't usually use my monk damage spells, it's hard to choose just 8 spells for 8 slots when you have a ton of them to choose from. At level 11 I probably don't know enough to give great advice but what I can tell you is this:

It never hurts to have a back up healer
and
Ranger/Monk has been said to be one of the funnest builds in game.

Personally, I like it, but at level 11 it's hard to tell :)

Best of luck to you on whatever you decide, hopefully a more experienced player can give you some better detailed advice. Also, as far as I know you can change your second profession at level 20, so even if you mess up there is hope :)

Tektronix
03-05-2005, 17:15
Thanks for your input. It sounds as if a Monk for 2nd profession is more of a support class as you solo? Im leaning towards a Ranger/Elementalist now for the Damage Dealer type but i wish someone would give me some suggestions or recommendations as to which 2nd profession would help me to be the better damage dealer(the most damage possible) type :(

Kit
03-05-2005, 20:32
If I had to make an uneducated guess, I would say Ele. But I could be wrong =P

dinglao
03-05-2005, 21:26
Well it really depends on what your striving for.

Although do note that you'll end up facing a lot of undead around the game, and well a Ranger + Judges Insight is really overpowering ;)

I'm a Ranger / Monk, and with smiting you can do some pretty good damage, but that's mainly if they get close to you unless again your using Judges Insight.

For most over all damage, I'd saying an Elementalist Secondary would be your best bet. The Conjure spells alone gives you a decent damage boost for 60 seconds.

It's really up to you to decide what combination works out best for you.

A Warrior can make you a pretty good damage dealer as well.

Play around and see what you like ;)

Tektronix
04-05-2005, 06:26
After reading some of the skills for these professions and other related topics, im thinking of going R/N or R/Me. To me the R/N, sounds pretty fun whereas the R/Me is rather for PvP. What you guys think about these two combinations, mainly the R/N. :confused: