PDA

View Full Version : Hitting in Melee. Missing alot :(

DraXXXen
03-05-2005, 18:02
Hi,

I find that my character (Level 9 Necro/Warrior) is having alot of his attacks being evaded / miss, and the only real way I can connect and deal damage is either with necro life drains spells or some axe attacks (cyclone axe).

Is there any way to increase my chance to hit?
My Current character has Axe Mastery: 5, Soul Reaping: 4, Blood Magic: 5.

Also where can I locate the 'Swift Chop' warrior axe skill. That looks like it would help out my combat woes.

Taniniver
03-05-2005, 18:56
What enemy are you missing a lot?

I ask because a few that you face early in post searing (one of the types of devourers especially) seem to have an usually high chance to evade attacks. Other than that, I didn't notice any problems with melee being evaded much.

EDekar
03-05-2005, 22:43
At least you're not using a hammer like me. Less attacks per minute means more misses when I'm fighting things that block/evade.

Anyway, you can earn Swift Chop from a quest in Yak's Bend. Just got it myself, pity I use hammers. Might have to switch back to Axe until I can get some decent hammer skills. ::mutters::

DraXXXen
03-05-2005, 22:59
I guess it was just the enemies i was facing. Specifically any Carrion Devourer (or any scorpion like enemy) and most of the Stone Elementals (and yes only in post was i getting this large miss amount).

Thanks, i'll be on the look out for the quest as soon as I arrive at Yaks Bend.

Chantal Dubois
04-05-2005, 19:44
You're missing because of the skills those creatures are using. The whiptail devourers use a stance and the Stone Furies will blind you, causing you to miss, as well as use wards.

Check out the skills on the Warrior Profession Page (http://www.gwonline.net/page.php?p=51) for skills that say in their description things like "cannot be blocked", "cannot be evaded", etc.

Xak of the Blade
04-05-2005, 21:00
Is there a notice given on Stances? Most skills that I've seen are shown while the skill is charging, and for a bit afterwards, with the Devourers, I just go from hitting to missing.

kilmar
04-05-2005, 21:38
You see the stance/skill/spell/cheat a mob is using under the red health bar of the mob when you target it. Should be on the top center of your screen.

Xak of the Blade
06-05-2005, 21:20
I'm aware of where it should be, however I can never recall seeing them enter a stance.

REI ONRYOU
06-05-2005, 23:29
You need to know that a skill is a stance from reading about them all. Some are instantly placed, so I'm not sure if you see them under the name properly.