PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Secondary Profession

bockalakalus
04-05-2005, 02:12
Greetings All~

I've been experimenting with different secondary classes for a Warrior primary, and I haven't been able to figure out which seems to fit best. Obviously, it will have to do with play-style and such, but I was just interested in some feedback. Currently, I have a Warrior/Elementalist and I just don't like the path that it's going. I have talked to a few friends and a lot of them are suggesting that Warrior/Ranger is the way to go. After examining the skill sets for the Ranger, I'm not so sure that it is the best choice. What I'm really looking at is the Warrior/Necromancer combo. Is there anyone who has played either of these (W/N or W/R) that could give me some advice?

Much Appreciated, and Thanks in advance!

yind
04-05-2005, 22:54
Greetings All~

I've been experimenting with different secondary classes for a Warrior primary, and I haven't been able to figure out which seems to fit best. Obviously, it will have to do with play-style and such, but I was just interested in some feedback. Currently, I have a Warrior/Elementalist and I just don't like the path that it's going. I have talked to a few friends and a lot of them are suggesting that Warrior/Ranger is the way to go. After examining the skill sets for the Ranger, I'm not so sure that it is the best choice. What I'm really looking at is the Warrior/Necromancer combo. Is there anyone who has played either of these (W/N or W/R) that could give me some advice?

Much Appreciated, and Thanks in advance!

do u think a warrior ranger is good for pvp??

psibim
05-05-2005, 01:16
do u think a warrior ranger is good for pvp??

Well I've seen one in action. Me and him managed to win 25 games in a row and to be honest I was quite amazed how well he was working that build. He was switching weapons when needed and could tank very well.
Granted he did have me healing (W/Mo) and we had another monk.

He was using hammer up close.

My 2 cents on that build.

trafalgar-zero
05-05-2005, 02:37
Well I'm playing as a R/W, which is going quite well. The only downside to the build is troll unguent, and healing signet are your only ways of healing yourself. Otherwise it has the best melee offense IMHO. Mix apply poison, sever artery, and a skill that causes a deep wound. One nasty combo that not many can stand after. The reason I went ranger primary is for the Expertise bonus of lowering skill energy costs. I'm using an axe on my guy, since everyone and his 3rd cousin is using a sword... Over rated if you ask me, since axes can keep deep wound going so much easier. Mix in a stance and you got yourself a tank, just don't forget the monk.

BTW: I haven't seen any other R/W wielding a melee weapon, so they are few and far between, but by no means that small in power.

DoNuTjc
05-05-2005, 02:46
Well I'm playing as a R/W, which is going quite well. The only downside to the build is troll unguent, and healing signet are your only ways of healing yourself. Otherwise it has the best melee offense IMHO. Mix apply poison, sever artery, and a skill that causes a deep wound. One nasty combo that not many can stand after. The reason I went ranger primary is for the Expertise bonus of lowering skill energy costs. I'm using an axe on my guy, since everyone and his 3rd cousin is using a sword... Over rated if you ask me, since axes can keep deep wound going so much easier. Mix in a stance and you got yourself a tank, just don't forget the monk.

BTW: I haven't seen any other R/W wielding a melee weapon, so they are few and far between, but by no means that small in power.

How strong are you as a melee? I tried a R/W before but I was weak as a melee just because we don't get to build up the Strength att. but I do like the fact that the energy goes up faster and stats on the armor makes for more energy...

Of course I was low lvl so i don't know how it will turn out later on.. I'm a solo type of guy so give me the low down on your R/W char..

thanks

Kharu
05-05-2005, 05:22
This is the build im going to make ( i dont have the game yet but have been playing on a friends account to try it out ) a Ranger/Warrior using a hammer... basically the idea is to throw dirt on an enemy to blind him and those around him... knock him down and then use crude swing to doe an aoe hit... with posion applied it should be pretty nice. Mighty blow and crushing blow for straight damage attacks, L reflexes for increased attacked speed and evade.

Expertise 10
Wilderness Survival 8
Hammer 12

Mighty Blow
Crushing Blow
Throw Dirt
Counter Blow
Crude Swing
Lightning Reflexes
Apply Posion
Troll Unguent

Throw dirt will replace Belly Smash, takes an additional 15seconds to recharge but gives an additional 4 seconds of blindness and they dont have to be on the ground for me to do it.

Crushing blow will be used if im low on Adrenaline and need to you Energy for extra damage, plus it has the added bonus if they are on the ground.

Then with Lightning Reflexes i will have the 33% attack speed and 75% evade
-----------------

tho it does sound like warriors get good gloves for a knock down build.. so if i went W/R i would have to drop throw dirt and L reflexes for Belly smash (hits knocked down target and does aoe blond) and berzerker stance

Telastyn
05-05-2005, 07:35
I've not played either of those [though I imagine both would be pretty good as long as you focused on the warrior part].

I have played the other two pairs, a w/me and a w/mo, both of which largely kick *** and take names.

Rolo B Boozin
09-05-2005, 07:52
i have w/rng at lvl 13...tanks pretty well...

endure pain
power attack
sever artery
gash
seeking blade
melandrus assault
ressurect animals
charm animal

i've gotten some pretty decent results with just these basic skills
i'm only lvl13

i don't even have any healing skills just endure pain. that's the healer's job. I guess u need a good healer too.