PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Char Axe

EPRock
04-05-2005, 04:22
I have been having difficulties in finding an Anti-Charr Axe.

Anyone know which crafters carry them or if they even exist?

Cambeul
04-05-2005, 19:49

Pre Searing Ascolon.. I think has the anti Char axe. You need 4-5 Iron Ignots, I wood plank, and 100 gold

Ostracized
05-05-2005, 09:16
Pre Searing Ascolon.. I think has the anti Char axe. You need 4-5 Iron Ignots, I wood plank, and 100 gold

Sorry just bragging. I just looted an Anti-Char hammer which was incredible to me at lvl 11.

11-17
+20 health
+20%dam
+25%dam to Charr

Now, my question is does the Charr damage and the normal +20% dam stack? It seems to as I have seen up to 90 damage from one Hammer Blow on a low armor targeted Charr.

Dogmeat
10-05-2005, 08:43
Sorry just bragging. I just looted an Anti-Char hammer which was incredible to me at lvl 11.

11-17
+20 health
+20%dam
+25%dam to Charr

Now, my question is does the Charr damage and the normal +20% dam stack? It seems to as I have seen up to 90 damage from one Hammer Blow on a low armor targeted Charr.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but it's written as +25 damage to Charr and not +25% and it seems to actually produce that kind of damage. I tested out the rinblade with the +25% modifier against charr and compared it with the damage output of the hammer using equal strength and respective hammer/sword mastery levels. The sword was doing around 10-20 damage compared to 40-100 on the hammer.

can anyone confirm if this is a bug or not? the hammer is readily available early and seems a bit too powerful vs the charr compared to any other weapons available to characters early on. My 1st two characters were a W/Me and a W/R and I was able to solo every charr mission in the old Ascalon area (except the ashes quest) without henchman due to the hammers charr killing capabitlities.

Dogmeat
10-05-2005, 08:49

in the early post-searing areas there seems to be one upgraded weapon of each type available from collectors. the anti-charr hammer and rinblade are examples of this. just next to the temple there is a collector who will make an 6-12 axes with a +25 health bonus. Its not anti-charr but I think this is the axe equivalent of the hammer and rinblade.