PDA

View Full Version : Potential build. (R/W)

Crinaya
04-05-2005, 08:52
Hey, all. New fella here, of course. I haven't even bought the game yet, but I think I shall very soon. However, after looking over skill lists, I think I know what I'd like to build my first character into. And, lucky for you, Ranger is the leading canidate for primary. So, this is what I propose for my first build. Feedback welcome, and all that. And I'm not counting runes, because I'm still unsure about them.

Ranger/Warrior

Expertise - 12
Tactics - 10
Wilderness Survival - 6
Swordsmanship - 6
(200/200)

Gladiator's Defense (Elite) - For 9 seconds, you have a 75% chance to block incoming attacks. Whenever you block a melee attack this way, the attacker suffers 25 damage. This is an elite skill.

Deadly Riptose - For 8 seconds, while you have a sword equipped, you block the next attack against you, and your attacker takes 20 damage and begins bleeding for 18 seconds.

Wild Blow - Lose all adrenaline. If it hits, this attack will be a critical hit. If Wild Blow hits any stance being used by your target ends. This attack cannot be blocked or evaded.

Savage Slash - If this attack hits, it interrupts target foe's action. If that action was a spell, you deal 16 extra damage.

Pure Strike - If Pure Strike hits, you strike for +12 damage. If you are not using a stance, Pure Strike cannot be blocked or evaded.

Throw Dirt - Target touched foe and foes adjacent to your target become blinded for 13 seconds.

Apply Poison - For 12 seconds, enemies struck by your physical attacks become poisoned for 8 seconds.

Troll's Unquent - For 10 seconds, you gain health regeneration +6.

Throw Dirt is meant to buy time for Apply Poison and Troll's Unquent. Expertise should cut down all skill costs conciderably. An interupt to hinder casters, and a few unblockables thrown in for good measure.

Now go ahead, tear it apart.

PCGamerPirate
04-05-2005, 15:16
So you utilized the Ranger's expertise to make a low energy warrior. Interesting. The only problem I see is when you go toe to toe with a warrior primary, he will destroy you.

This build, however, would be excellent on the 4 caster classes. Especially those you like to use melee weapons.

Another advantage you have is people aren't expecting Rangers to be in their face yet. So hop to it and buy the game! :D

Kastimizillion
04-05-2005, 22:27
Looks decent, just be aware that with only 6 in sword you won't be doing massive damage. Also you'll need to be careful about you use your stances due to the long recharge times.

I would drop one of the attack skills and add in healing signet, if you are in a defensive stance you can spam that a few times and be at full by the time your stance ends.

The Fox
04-05-2005, 23:22
i'd drop two points out of expertise and up that sword damage. Or else you'll be relying on your dot damage for apply poison and that might not be to productive considering you could be using that weapon for more damage.

Crinaya
05-05-2005, 00:52
After some concideration, I reworked the concept. Added in some adrenaline skills, and changed from sword to axe. Sets up an interesting combo, too.

Ranger/Warrior, low cost close combat.

Expertise - 12+1
Axe Mastery - 10
Wilderness Survival - 8+1

Throw Dirt(2 Energy) - Target touched foe and foes adjacent to your target become blinded for 14 seconds.

Melandru's Resistance(2 Energy) - For 16 seconds, you gain health regeneration of 2 and energy regeneration of 1 for each condition and hex you are suffering. This is an elite skill.

Apply Poison(7 Energy) - For 12 seconds, enemies struck by your physical attacks become poisoned for 10 seconds.

Troll Unquent(2 Energy) - For 10 seconds, you gain health regeneration +8.

Cyclone Axe - Perform a spinning axe attack striking for +9 damage to all adjacent opponents.

Penetrating Blow - This axe attack has 50% armor penetration.

Disrupting Chop(2 Energy) - If it hits, this attack interrupts the target's current action. If that action was a skill, that skill is disabled for an additional 20 seconds.

"For Great Justice!"(5 Energy) - For 15 seconds, your adrenal skills charge twice as fast.

Penetrating blow for Warriors, Disrupting chop for annoying skills, "For Great Justice!" to power the two. Throw Dirt to buy time for Troll's Unquent and Apply Poison. Cyclone Axe to poison multiple foes at once. Melandru's Resistance to survive the charge at Mezmers and Necros.

Should be a more effecient damage dealer, I'd hope.

The Fox
05-05-2005, 01:10
I'd still worry that your expertise is to high, and your damage is to low. Are you really getting that much benefit by maxing expertise?

Crinaya
05-05-2005, 01:33
Remember, these are still rough sketches for builds. As mentioned, I've yet to have a chance to pick the game up, so I've yet to see how much of a difference it makes. How much extra damage would a couple points of a weapon skill offer, as compared to having skills cost one or two energy less. That's something that I won't fathom until I experience it.