PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vader Commercials

Tsume
04-05-2005, 10:26
No doubt you guys have seen one of the many recent comercials featuring Darth Vader.

I really find them all ammuseing, ofcourse I'm a dork, as everyone repeatedly tells me.

I just know though, that the movie is going to have like 5 seconds of Darth Vader in it...you know its gonna be like that. The whole movie builds up to what you know is gonna happen (yah the ending is so unpredictable...you know..since its allready happend.....) *shakes head*

And is it just me, or is the techonology in the past Star Wars Chapters further advanced then the Episodes that take place just a couple of decades later? Sure it can be said that 'well they just didnt show the technology in the latter Episodes....I'm thinking Lucas definatley didnt right all those little scenes in before technology allowed it.

Star Trek owns Star Wars....except Vader.......Vader is like Q...you just cant beat him...even though he dies...in...yah....shutup....Victory is mine!

(Anyone remember the Futurama featuring the 'Star Trek Wars' and 'Star Wars Trek'...lol....such an underated series...viva la Bender Bending Rodriguez)

Zero
04-05-2005, 18:26
Barely seen any SW adverts here. I think they'll hit the screen in a week or two before release here in the UK. And yeh, i noticed straight away the sudden upgrade the past got. Only reason i can think of atm (which holds no water btw) is due to the war things have been forced to go back down to basics to save resources. Of course that makes no sense as the imperial's have all the resources they need :rolleyes:
Ahh futurama, awesome program.

MixedVariety
05-05-2005, 01:06
Star Trek owns Star Wars....except Vader.......Vader is like Q...you just cant beat him...even though he dies...in...yah....shutup....Victory is mine!

I'll agree with that; to me, they made a mistake in casting the original Star Wars movies, especially with that whiny loser whathisface Hammill as Luke, always yammering and bleating about 'unfair' this and that, waaa waaa,

Yeah. Sorry. Rant over.
I did like the effects in the original movies, and Darth is the eternal evil dude forever. But Star Trek> Star Wars every time.

Zero
05-05-2005, 18:27
I did like the effects in the original movies, and Darth is the eternal evil dude forever. But Star Trek> Star Wars every time.
I was a fan of voyager. DS9 as good as parts were, got on my nerves with the ending of the story...kinda poor imo. Though Odo i think was excellent.
More of a Stargate fan myself atm. Though series 9 will be a test for the writers, Richard Dean Anderson only willing to do 4 episodes and Amanda Tapping having to look after her new baby. So that's two main characters out for a while.

devilshorn
08-05-2005, 15:08
but remember, theyll have a major war. and alot of building well get destroyed and luke lived in a country side and the graphics are better in the old ones and there is almost no lightsaber fights in the old ones and that gungan tech makes it look hight tech cuz they live in a bubble but thank god there dead and that in the future starwars they only traveled near the "unpopulated cities" and that yoda moved to a hut doesnt mean they have less technology, i mean clones improved...

John Folgerty
08-05-2005, 21:30
Rebels have no where near the resources that the Emipre does. So their ships are all old beaten up pieces of crap. From what I can tell in the new movie we'll be seeing Tie fighters and Star Destroyers. So that must be the Heighth of technology in the galaxy. I mean c'mon, tie fighters are much more badass than those stupid driod fighters. Man I hate George Lucas.

Buddah
08-05-2005, 22:00
I've only seen the M&M one so far. Still it had me laughing.

Tsume
09-05-2005, 12:39
I've only seen the M&M one so far. Still it had me laughing.

Yah It's no wonder why Lucas has said he doesnt plan on making 3 ending chapters, though not sure if he ever was or if that was just a well spoken rumor.

But I can definatley see why he wouldnt...I mean hes already made his epic story make very little sense, and made the first two Episodes stink.

I mean seriously...they might have been ok if it werent for ,well lets say...fine for times sake ill limit my list to 3.

3. Technological time line makes no sense.
He waited way to long to make his 'sequals' which are actaully the first 3 episodes, and the current movie making technology has been overly used in the new films, making them way to far advanced when compared to the latter films. It's like he made a trilogy, and just said (hey ill call them IV,V, and VI and make some more later). But he never really had any storyline behind the first three. He probably got the idea for 6 episodes when someone pitched the line 'luke I am your father' to him. In his head he thought 'Oh awesome..wait...wait...brainstorm.....we can make up an unbelievable backstory in the form of another trilology in about 20 years. UUUGGH. You took a trilogy with individual characters who all dealt with each other on an adventure, and then trie to tie them all together useing the backstory of Anakin Skywalker and Obi Wan Kenobi...this was truely a backstory that probably didnt need to be told. The fact that characters have a past gives them individuatlity and makes the identifiable...the characters in these first 3 episodes have no real backstory...its like an 80's action movie, where the characters are just there and they are doing stuff.

2. The crappy love story between Padame and Anakin. She falls in love with a little kid who races, or bears love for him and admits it later. Oh theres not much of an age difference you say? ...Pffft, then what movie did you see? It's like saying Hugh and his playboy bunnies are only a year apart. And its not like they hardly see each other. She has love for this child and later he approaches her about his crush and they hit it off and spend hours of my life 'falling in love' ...argh ok fine I'm done with this point, just cant be angry enough.

1. And the number one reason why I cant stand the first 3 episodes....

3 words...and you all friggin know what they are...

Jar....Jar...Binks.

I'm not even going to go into a discussion about him, lest my head explodes from anger.

Lets hope that Wookie Warriors and the most likely brief appearence of Darth Vadar (last 5 seconds probably) somehow leave me with some satisfaciton as I walk away from the theatre after seeing this movie later this month.

All I know....is...that I better get some darn James Earl Jones powered Vadar going on in this movie, or the dual trilogy will never be redeemed for me.

John Folgerty
09-05-2005, 15:20
All I know....is...that I better get some darn James Earl Jones powered Vadar going on in this movie, or the dual trilogy will never be redeemed for me.

Well you see. The thing is that Darth Vader is going to be voiced by Donald Duck, to make the movie more child friendly.

Zero
09-05-2005, 18:47
*stops himself from continuing film bashing*
I think Tsume summed it up there quite nicely.
But not only is Donald Duck being imported in, but they're bringing Jar Jar back in the form of Goofy.

John Folgerty
10-05-2005, 04:49
Dude, I can so see that. Jar Jar and Goofy do move very similar when you think about it. They both have that exagerated leg and arm movement.

Salina Windwalker
14-05-2005, 07:54
I dunno about all that "Star Trek is better than Star Wars" drivel, but Yoda is very possibly the coolest character ever. period. end of statement.

period. :happy34:

andrewkc
18-05-2005, 02:54
The reason that I don't like the first two episodes is that they seem too contrived and clean, as though they don't really care about the characters and only care about explaining what happened to them instead of showing you who they are.

Examples.

The huge battle in episode 1 with the droids, do they show the death and destruction that occurs? do they show the pain and suffering of the Gongan (or however you pronounce it) people? No, did they suffer yes, is that important to them yes, is that important to the characters yes, but they ignored it and went fairy story style "a battle happened but the good guys won" *clap clap*

Anakin is more mature in the first movie than the second, i mean this really annoys me, in the first he is quite wise and kind, then in the second after training with the jedi he becomes self centered and childish, "but I don't WANT to eat my vegetables Obi-Wan!", i can only picture him going over to the dark side because the other boys stole his favorite toy.

Fight with the sand people (ep 2), do they show him getting angry? Do they show any emotion at all? No, they practically fade out to text and tell you what happened instead of showing it, is it just me or are movies supposed to show characters lives and not just explain what happened to them?

In episode 2 amidala has her ship blown up but do then spend more than five seconds with this? No they don't, they just mention this, all the people she works with getting blown to smitherines and her guard informing her "My lady, the next scene awaits, grief can be added later with CG"

And that stupid Bounty hunter kid "Get em dad!" this proves beyond reasonable doubt that they didn't care if their ......actors could act.

Anyway, a great story but the movies tell it so badly that it sickens me.

Hunt3r_kill4
18-05-2005, 07:24
Anakin is more mature in the first movie than the second, i mean this really annoys me, in the first he is quite wise and kind, then in the second after training with the jedi he becomes self centered and childish, "but I don't WANT to eat my vegetables Obi-Wan!", i can only picture him going over to the dark side because the other boys stole his favorite toy.

Fight with the sand people (ep 2), do they show him getting angry? Do they show any emotion at all? No, they practically fade out to text and tell you what happened instead of showing it, is it just me or are movies supposed to show characters lives and not just explain what happened to them?

In episode 2 amidala has her ship blown up but do then spend more than five seconds with this? No they don't, they just mention this, all the people she works with getting blown to smitherines and her guard informing her "My lady, the next scene awaits, grief can be added later with CG"

And that stupid Bounty hunter kid "Get em dad!" this proves beyond reasonable doubt that they didn't care if their ......actors could act.

Anyway, a great story but the movies tell it so badly that it sickens me.

I agree with you on multiple points, especially the Bounty Hunter's kid. That was extremely lame, and the kid deserves to be slapped. I did notice Anakin's obnoxiousness in episode 2, I suppose its meant to mirror a teenager's "rebellion" to authority?. Anyways, I thought he was acting like a baby...

The scene where the ship gets blown to smitherings on landing took me multiple times of watching to understand what that realy meant.

andrewkc
18-05-2005, 16:43
Can you explain that part then? I mean I really can't piece together why they would spend a good five minutes at the end of the movie showing that ship unfurl and furl its sails instead of showing the emotional state of a core character as her friends are all killed.