PDA

View Full Version : Mesmer/Warrior

psibim
04-05-2005, 13:05
I've made this build to lvl 14 now and I need some input.

First off, I really enjoy playing this build but im very unsure if I'm wielding the true power of this build.

I'm going domination but all the skills available makes it hard to say the least for me to decide what to do :)

My attributes will be like this:
- FastCasting: 5
- Domination: 10
- Inspiration: 10
- Swordsmanship: 10

What skills setup would _you_ recommend?

Also Spirit Shackles is not to be found in Lions Arch as far as I can see. Not even at the Skill trainer. Anyone know where he is?

Thanks in advance guys.

Team Bring It
05-05-2005, 01:36
I am at level 7 of this bulid too, and would love to hear input on this.

(psibim, before searing, where do you find the third set of skills for Mes?)

Thanks

Nick

Kaziurra
05-05-2005, 02:04
I'd actually take Tactics with me if i were using this build. I would use this because of the lower AL mesmers get :mad: .

Tsume
05-05-2005, 04:52
Actually, to keep it simple I would recommend something simple like the Spell Slasher premade for you to reference. Its very close to your current attribute setup and I'm not sure what you wanna do.

Alternatively you could go Illusionary Weaponry.

Whatever you do, Rogue's armor will probably be best

Anyhow, back to your main skills. Since you want Swordsmanship and Domination with Inspiration to support lets look at our options.

Some Swordsmanships you are gonna want to look at are:
Savage Slash
Final Thrust
Galrath Slash

Some Domination Skills:
Backfire
Wastrel's Worry
Shatter Enchantment
Empathy
Energy Burn
Energy Surge
Power Block
Power Spike

Your Inspiration support:
Physical Resistance
Energy Drain
Energy Tap
Ether Feast
Power Drain
Spirit of Failure

These are just some skills I've pulled that can suit this build pretty well. My suggestion would be to pick your attack and Domination skills first, and then put in one or two supportive Inspiration skills. No doubt you will want one to be Ether Feast.

Pick Domination skills that compliment each other well and rely on your 2 -3 sword skills for an extra non energy source of damage in adition to your Domination abilities. Shatter Enchantment is extremel useful as of late, and Backfire is more or less a shutdown than an actual damage dealer, though many times casters will cast through it. Guard it should it be removed.

Wastrel's can be nice on running targets. They either stop and get a slash or two or they run and take the damage from Wastrals.

Im not gonna tell you what to pick, but theres a slate of some potential combos for you.

(psibim, before searing, where do you find the third set of skills for Mes?)

There are two mesmer trainers aside from the very first one you meet outside the gate, Shebadoh. Vassar is in Foible's Fair and Lady Althea is at the Actors stage outside Ascalon City.

Team Bring It
05-05-2005, 08:40
Im not gonna tell you what to pick, but theres a slate of some potential combos for you. Oh man , im a follower tell me what to do, lol.

There are two mesmer trainers aside from the very first one you meet outside the gate, Shebadoh. Vassar is in Foible's Fair and Lady Althea is at the Actors stage outside Ascalon City.

I meet the last two, not shebadoh, were is he/she located,city.

Thank you,

Nick

psibim
06-05-2005, 18:34
Thanks for the great input Tsume.

Tsume
06-05-2005, 19:25
Oh man , im a follower tell me what to do, lol.

I meet the last two, not shebadoh, were is he/she located,city.

Thank you,

Nick

Shebadoh is the very first trainer you meet. The one that Warmaster Tydus tells you to meet. If you are a Mesmer Primary she was the one that gave you the 'kill the scale' mission.

I think I listed some pretty nice starter skills to look at, why dont you put together a build and then PM or Instant message me about it and I can help you put the finishing touches. You'll learn faster and be better if you do it that way.