PDA

View Full Version : Elementalist Weapons

Spottswoode
04-05-2005, 16:59
what weapons are best to use with elementalists. swords? axes? or is there some special weapons just for elementalists? havent got the game yet cos it sold out in all the shops (it must be good)

dirtycash
04-05-2005, 18:26
what weapons are best to use with elementalists. swords? axes? or is there some special weapons just for elementalists? havent got the game yet cos it sold out in all the shops (it must be good)

Wands, as usual for casters. There are wands that do fire, water, air, earth, dark, holy damage. The high damage ones will come with an attribute requirement, so make sure that you meet the requirement to do good damage with it.

bearsfwd
04-05-2005, 21:32
With my elementalist, I actually use a wand (doesn't matter what element, as long as the damage is the highest I've seen) with shield, a bow, a tribal blade with a sheild, and a break hammer (which I honestly never use). I do switch between the wand, bow, and tribal blade quite often, depending on the situation im in. Of course, at some point I'm sure I'll have to give up the bows (maybe) and other weapons and just stick to wands, rods, and staffs, but until then I like what I have.

SprintFun
04-05-2005, 22:09
Staffs are...yuck...!

Right now I am rocking a 15 energy wand...to bad its intended for a monk (it requires 9 divine something to use it as a weapon) but I just love the energy it and my flame artifact gives...

Saerkhiya
05-05-2005, 00:49
Seconding wands as the best choice.

Staves are good. . . When you find a good one! *Cough* Which is never. . .

HawkFyre
05-05-2005, 17:03
I use a wand/flame artifact combo

Wand is 9-17 dmg, 15% chance to increase casting speed

Flame Artifact is 10% chance of +1 fire magic when casting, 8 energy and 30 health

Spottswoode
05-05-2005, 17:59
so wands is basically the best choice then. i take it magic swords are uselesss when used by an ele?

Diceclock
05-05-2005, 18:31
so wands is basically the best choice then. i take it magic swords are uselesss when used by an ele?

Not totally useless. When I fought the searing PvP fight I was weilding a Sword on my E/Mo. I was totally ignored by the other team, because since I had a sword, and was not attacking anyone with it, I must be some confused warrior. :howdy:

Hunt3r_kill4
06-05-2005, 07:27
Depends on your secondary, E/R use bow, E/W use melee weapon, and rest should just stick to wand/rod/staff for ranged casting. Unles of course, you are using conjure element, then a sword or axe would work nicely

sparkyman
06-05-2005, 10:32
Staffs are...yuck...!

Right now I am rocking a 15 energy wand...to bad its intended for a monk (it requires 9 divine something to use it as a weapon) but I just love the energy it and my flame artifact gives...

+15 energy ??....I thought the max + energy was 12? for a wand

Belgeran

devilshorn
08-05-2005, 14:30
they use wands but wand of different elements can deal more dmg to others and can deal less to some. I'm using a fire wand that deals 19-22 but it loses to a weak water wand that only does 2-5(using some skills) to a stone element. so try and get many differnt wands and switch every time u go to a new place. and oh yeah... NEVER USE STAVES unless they do more than 30-36(I sold i 4 tons of gold in an auction)

Yasakira
11-05-2005, 16:11
Weapon Set #1
Fire Wand
Fire dmg: 11-21 (req. 10 Fire Magic)
Improves Skill Recharge (Chance 10%)
Value: 160

Flame Artifact
Energy +10 (rec. 6 Fire Magic)
Fire Magic +1 (20% Chance While Using Skills)
Health +30
Value: 50

Weapon Set #2
Earth Wand
Earth dmg: 11-21 (req. 10 Earth Magic)
Improves Casting Speed Using Fire Magic Skills (Chance 16%)
Energy +3 (While Health is Above 50%)
Value: 168

Flame Artifact
Energy +10 (rec. 6 Fire Magic)
Fire Magic +1 (20% Chance While Using Skills)
Health +30
Value: 50

Both wands are rare items (yellow/gold name)

Kirsty
11-05-2005, 16:42
It doesn't really depend on the second profession, but more on the skills you are going to use.
- If you're going with touch based skills, or skills that damage in an area around you (like lava font or phoenix), then you should probably take a melee weapon.
- If you are purely ranged with spells that cost a lot of energy, then you will need the energy bonus that wands or rods can provide you with, so take those then. Also, if you're fragile for interruption or have no healing skills, then it's best to stay ranged as well.

I wouldn't pick bows unless you truly intend to use marksmanship to increase your damage, otherwise it won't do much for you.

mappam
11-05-2005, 17:35
I feel as though I am missing something BIG :p

Say you have a E/R and you have a decent bow but have a 'stinky' wand. You keep the bow in your hand(s) and can't use anything in the second hand (no artifact or totem etc).

You now cast a spell (with the bow still in your hand) How do you determine the damage this spell will do?

Is it better to go use the wand anyway - switching back and forth - or keep the bow (as it does More Damage).

Did that make sense?