PDA

View Full Version : Targeting Minions?

auspix
04-05-2005, 20:34
As a Death Nova minion necro, I'm finding it a bit difficult selecting the appropriate minion I want to endow with Death Nova. Do you guys know of any hotkeys to cycle through minions? If there are none, this should definitely go to the devs.

ShadisLecrou
06-05-2005, 20:21
This is something I've complained about since early beta. They need better methods of minion control. Right now, I either hold down CTRL so all the names show up and just click the one I want (which is hard when they're all moving) or hit Tab to cycle through them (which can be slow).

auspix
12-05-2005, 21:52
I just submitted a question that hopefully evolves to a developer's item via the support site.

Bah ... I got a "Please use the Guild Wars Fansite message boards" response.

infoghost
13-05-2005, 14:54
I wish my minions would show up in some sort of mini-minion box, or something. I guess they would all need specific names, then.

Probably won't happen.

Dukan
19-12-2005, 07:19
I've been running a minion necro for the first time lately and I've been wondering about this.

Anyone have any other tips on effective ways to target minions for something like Death Nova? Using tab only cycles through foes.... or so I thought.

And what about targeting corpses? I see some skill descriptions say "exploit target corpse." Is there a way to target corpses without ckicking on them? Or is that just a reference to "nearest" or "random" corpse?

The Boz
19-12-2005, 08:18
The reason I hate minionbombers is that I can't target a minion in the middle of combat. Pressing CTRL highlights enemies and ALT highlights allies, only mousing over a minion will highlight it's name. There should be a "target undead servant closest to target" button or something. I mean seriously, would it be so hard to implement? And I don't think it would imbalance the game all that much.
And as for corpse targetting, it's based on the spell. Wells of Power and Blood are closest corpse to you, so is Consume Corpse and the Animates, while Necrotic Traversal, Putrid, Wells of Profane and Suffering are all closest corpse to target. Some spells say random in their description, but this is what I have seen so far.

Longasc
19-12-2005, 09:01
I am in favor of a minion party window. ;)

They should not add minions to the party window, this would be a mess, but an optional windows would be nice.

Shift-P as shortcut perhaps - "M" for minions is already booked by map. :)

HonshuHigamori
19-12-2005, 13:46
I am in favor of a minion party window. ;)

Too intrusive if you ask me. Personally I'd be more than happy if there was a key I could press that could show me all of the undead minions that are alive. You know, like how pressing Ctrl shows you all enemys and Alt shows you all friendly/neutral NPCs? Something like that, only it shows you all undead minions.

black hand
19-12-2005, 18:31
Nay on the Minion window. When I have 20+ I would have no room left on the screen. But I would like it if I pushed ALT that my minions would show up. That's all I really need.

Feynt
20-12-2005, 11:16
I'd like a "target lowest health minion" button so I could either cast a direct heal at it or DN it. >/