PDA

View Full Version : Ele/? Help!!!!

KalThezar
04-05-2005, 22:20
Well everyone I am in a pickle I decided to try out an ELE/? And that my problem I canít decide what secondary to use I will mostly be doing PvE and maybe just maybe try PvP. I am leaning toward either a Monk or Mesmer. If I go Mesmer I was going to do a Fire/Earth ELE and use arcane echo to spam Phoenix or Meteor shower and use Earth line for def. I donít need to explain fire =P. Or I was going to go Fire/Healing for damage and Self Heal plz give me your thoughts and suggestions I am lvl 6 and will decide tonight what trainer to visit!

Feynt
04-05-2005, 23:39
If I recall correctly, doesn't Meteor Storm cause exhaustion? So wouldn't "spamming" that be a bad thing?

I suggest E/W with Earth spells. With the defensive boost of Armour of Earth, Ward Against Melee for crowds, and Eruption to blind and greatly damage foes around you (and they will surround you) you're very difficult to kill with a healer backing you up. I enjoyed this setup during the beta, and I'm happy to report those three skills are obtainable before you hit Yak's Bend. The rest is warrior skills and a res signet (though that one's optional, since you're the most likely to fall).

An alternative to Earth is Water, Armour of Frost, Armour of Mist, Ward Against Harm, and Swirling Aura would all combine to make you nigh unhurtable (except by DoTs, which are rather abundant at times), while Blurred Vision would grant you longer staying power in melee.

Axehilt
05-05-2005, 02:29
Elementalist/Monk is probably the easiest combo to develop strategies for. Mostly because the Elementalist elements and Monk Healing are among the most straight forward skills in the game (direct damage, and direct healing).

From what I've seen so far, every combo of classes can be viable in both PVE and PVP - it's just a matter of smartly designing your skill choices around your particular combination of classes, in order to minimize the weaknesses and emphasize the strengths.

I do think that certain playstyles will be easier for players to grasp though, which is why I suggest E/Mo.

Feynt
05-05-2005, 04:45
For a real challenge, play a debuff/anti magic N/Me. Your party will love you later in the game, but your start will be somewhat rocky.

carpenn
12-05-2005, 20:44
If I recall correctly, doesn't Meteor Storm cause exhaustion? So wouldn't "spamming" that be a bad thing?

By the time you are able to cast Meteor Shower again, the exhaustion has already warn off and your mana is back to full max depth. I love "spamming" meteor shower.