PDA

View Full Version : help with warrior

yind
05-05-2005, 00:34
Hey i have been playing guild wars for awhile now....i have a fire ele/mes and it works great in pve and now my friends are getting guild wars and i want to start making a good pvp character for guildvs guild battles and stuff. So what im thrying to say is what would be a good pvp warrior build because i played as a caster and it seemed fun but i want to try warrior....i already played in pre searing and i would like suggestions...i have the runes of vigor unlocked and i would like to go axe or hammer because i have the war pick and a purple axe...what do u think a good pvp warrior would be...what secondary profession(not monk to many of them).

Feynt
05-05-2005, 04:53
Anything works as a secondary, it's just your imagination and how you decide to put the skills together. I suggest ranger as a secondary because ranger skills are pretty cheap, and warriors have horrendous energy and EPR. Pets just cost you a skill slot, but an extra target and extra damage is always welcome. Besides, as a warrior you can only really fill up about 4 slots on attack skills, maybe less, so you might as well toss in a few pet skills too.

victus
05-05-2005, 08:35
The most common build is a paladin or W/Mo. These guys are a true defensive type tank and are a real pain to take down, especially in numbers. I play a W/Me caster-killer type. With 5 slots being Me spells, I have a variaty of ways of ensuring that any caster im on will be out of energy and soon dead. Ranger subclass is good for ranged damage. Necro and Elementalist are both good for AoE damage and other utility spells like life drain, etc. You just need to decide for yourself. Any build can fare well in PvP with some knowledge and skill.

Tanthalis
05-05-2005, 18:15
Anything works as a secondary, it's just your imagination and how you decide to put the skills together. I suggest ranger as a secondary because ranger skills are pretty cheap, and warriors have horrendous energy and EPR. Pets just cost you a skill slot, but an extra target and extra damage is always welcome. Besides, as a warrior you can only really fill up about 4 slots on attack skills, maybe less, so you might as well toss in a few pet skills too.

I was under the sssumption that all Health and energy bars were equal through each class?
I was thinking of making a W/El, but I want to be sure that he can cast a few spells before I do thatů.

Any help would be great
:confused: :confused:

Telastyn
05-05-2005, 19:19
They are equal, but warrior armor does not provide the energy regen that the other classes do, so warriors have [far] more armor, but only 2 arrows of energy regen. This rather limits elementalist secondary, since their skills tend to take quite a bit of energy.

Glorfendill
06-05-2005, 09:53
each Profession does have the same health, energy, and energy regen as every other profession.. that is when they are standing around stark naked.. the difference between classes is in their armor, and since each character can only wear the armor for it's primary profession that becomes a vitaly important aspect of every character.

Every character has equal Hit Points (life) to start, Warriors have the best armor to make the most out of those hit points, Rangers are a close second, and all 3 other caster types are a distant third.

Each character starts with 20 Energy and 2 "Pips" or arrows of regen. Warriors have no bonus on their armors and no extra regen. Rangers have a combined +5 energy on their armor, and +1 regen on their Legs. the 3 Casters have combined +10 on their armor, and +1 regen on their legs, and boots. Making the final stats
Warriors 20 Energy 2 regen
Rangers 25 Energy 3 regen
Casters 30 Energy 4 regen

Finally any character can use Foci to increase thier Energy pool, this however does have limiting factors and general downsides. First it requires use of the off had, so no shield, or 2 handed weapons can be used with it. Second most of the higher level ones (Ones that offer 7+ energy) will also require a certain level of a related Attribute. (IE a +10 Fire Artifact may require level 8 Fire Magic) Making it useless to anyone that is not an Elementalist (primary or secondary) focused on Fire magic.

Summarized. Yes you can be a Warrior/Elementalist, but I hope your plans are to cast occasional spells to accent your fighting, not to just be a hard to kill Elementalist. Also if you are planing on using spells like Meteor Shower/Firestorm you will want to combine those with the Glyphs to decrease mana useage to a more reasonable level, and possibly set a Focus item in one of your quick weapon slots so that you can swap out for a higher energy cost if it is needed.

Tanthalis
06-05-2005, 23:47
each Profession does have the same health, energy, and energy regen as every other profession.. that is when they are standing around stark naked.. the difference between classes is in their armor, and since each character can only wear the armor for it's primary profession that becomes a vitaly important aspect of every character.

Every character has equal Hit Points (life) to start, Warriors have the best armor to make the most out of those hit points, Rangers are a close second, and all 3 other caster types are a distant third.

Each character starts with 20 Energy and 2 "Pips" or arrows of regen. Warriors have no bonus on their armors and no extra regen. Rangers have a combined +5 energy on their armor, and +1 regen on their Legs. the 3 Casters have combined +10 on their armor, and +1 regen on their legs, and boots. Making the final stats
Warriors 20 Energy 2 regen
Rangers 25 Energy 3 regen
Casters 30 Energy 4 regen

Finally any character can use Foci to increase thier Energy pool, this however does have limiting factors and general downsides. First it requires use of the off had, so no shield, or 2 handed weapons can be used with it. Second most of the higher level ones (Ones that offer 7+ energy) will also require a certain level of a related Attribute. (IE a +10 Fire Artifact may require level 8 Fire Magic) Making it useless to anyone that is not an Elementalist (primary or secondary) focused on Fire magic.

Summarized. Yes you can be a Warrior/Elementalist, but I hope your plans are to cast occasional spells to accent your fighting, not to just be a hard to kill Elementalist. Also if you are planing on using spells like Meteor Shower/Firestorm you will want to combine those with the Glyphs to decrease mana useage to a more reasonable level, and possibly set a Focus item in one of your quick weapon slots so that you can swap out for a higher energy cost if it is needed.

Thanks for all the info. I got a lot to think about :worship:
..... I just got to post so I dont know what a Glyph is yet but will figure it out.
Here is my reasoning behind my build, let me know if you think it will work or if you have a better idea.
I am playing with a R/Ne, Ele/ R, & a W/R, so almost everyone is "in the rear with teh gear" but when we get in a larger battle we dont have the upfrom power to keep the enemy off the guys in the back, & only have one spell caster, so I was trying to help on both fronts....

PLEASE.... give me you opinions
:confused: