PDA

View Full Version : "Artifact" equipment

Corves
05-05-2005, 15:31
I have several "artifact" pieces of equipment right now, storm artifact, flame artifact, etc., but I have no idea if they do anything or not beyond the energy and possibly armor bonuses. Do they do anything other than increase your energy/armor? Will storm artifacts increase your Air elemental skill?

The reason I ask is because there are also several non-artifact items that do the same things as the artifacts, as far as I can tell.

TBMarauder
05-05-2005, 16:20
A Flame Artifact +5, without any additional 'blue' text to it, will do just that; provide and extra 5 points to your Energy pool. If, however that same Flame Artifact has 'blue' text to it saying for instance, '+5 to Fire Magic (req. 4 in Fire Magic 5% chance)', it would tell you that if you were a Fire-based Elementalist, and your Fire Magic attribute total was 4 or higher, you would have a 5% chance of doing an aditional 5 of Fire-based damage, when using Fire Magic skills. Hope that helps.

Corves
05-05-2005, 16:40
Yes, that pretty much answers my question. I doubted that they would automatically give you bonuses depending on their type, but I wanted to be sure before I went and spent money on crafting a new one. Thanks for the response and help.

Cacophony
05-05-2005, 17:10
I have a Frost Artifact given to me by Belgeran, very grateful! It adds +12 to my Energy pool (req. 11 Water Magic) and somehing else added onto it, I'll look later today perhaps and edit this post.
But yes, Artifacts can have more than just "Energy +?" and "Armor +?". Depends if you find them as regular items (shown with white names), magical (blue names), rare (yellow-ish names), or really rare (purple names).

Not sure about the "rarity" factor with Yellow and Purple but my Frost Artifact has a purple name. As is my kick-butt Water Wand, thanks to Adilea ^_^

Diab
06-05-2005, 22:36
If they're plain and only give a bonus to energy, the only difference is their look.

Taniniver
06-05-2005, 23:21
If they're plain and only give a bonus to energy, the only difference is their look.And the attribute tree you might need points in to use them. Early on, in pre-searing, I never found anything above +6 energy, and none with a requirement. But later you get them with higher any and some required attribute level - the attribute is related to the type of artifact. Flame artifacts fire magic, storm artifacts air magic, u.s.w.