PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Madness (A few "Not to's")

Lylanthwol
05-05-2005, 16:36
Ahhhh, it's here finally. The epic struggles have been opened up to the general public and we're happily hacking, slashing, zorching and lambasting our way through monsters & players alike.

Naturally with full exposure to the masses at large you get the best of both worlds. Here's a short little list of a few things that, if you avoid them, will make your gaming experience better by not setting the rest of the gaming world after your hide like a starving Pride of Lions.

If you have the perfect character with all the "uber" (oh how I hate that word now) gear available, ponder upon the reactions of your fellow man if you decide to use the moments before your arena match begins to advertise the "fact" that you already have the best items possible and that no one can possibly beat you. Perhaps when your enemies are standing over your supine form they will not gesticulate their displeasure with your existance so vehemently.

While we do realize that there is perhaps no one Earth quite as capable as you are to slay your opponents, but alas, there may be other ways of doing things. For example. In 4v4 Arena play, there just may be a method which does not involve killing the opposing Monk 476 times. You may have heard, or then again you may not have heard, that it's 4v4 as opposed to 4v1. Perhaps you'd like to see if there really is a DP higher than neg 60, but rest assured there is not. That W/Mo can sure get his money's worth out of that Rez spell don't ya think?

Calling targets. Such a wonderful invention. Please, feel free to make sure that you overload ArenaNet's bandwidth by spamming enough "I'm targeting..." packets so the 1's and 0's spill out of their border router and onto their freshly polished floor.

Running in four different direction simultaneously is almost as splendid an idea as draining every drop of your energy bar on the target whose Bar of Red isn't moving one single iota. It's much harder to track down 4 separate targets than it is to break a well disciplined group of 4 fighting in a coordinated formation.

And last but not least, when the "morons" in your group fail to see the brilliance of any of your plans for a decisive victory and decide that they no longer wish to bow to your emminent supremacy, feel free to reinvent all manner of anile diatribes to hurl at your miscreant minions. This will be the final ingredient you will need to bring them "back into the fold."

/rant

Ahhhhh, much better now. Thanks for playing. :happy34:

Hunt3r_kill4
07-05-2005, 22:17
Ahhhh, it's here finally. The epic struggles have been opened up to the general public and we're happily hacking, slashing, zorching and lambasting our way through monsters & players alike.

Naturally with full exposure to the masses at large you get the best of both worlds. Here's a short little list of a few things that, if you avoid them, will make your gaming experience better by not setting the rest of the gaming world after your hide like a starving Pride of Lions.

If you have the perfect character with all the "uber" (oh how I hate that word now) gear available, ponder upon the reactions of your fellow man if you decide to use the moments before your arena match begins to advertise the "fact" that you already have the best items possible and that no one can possibly beat you. Perhaps when your enemies are standing over your supine form they will not gesticulate their displeasure with your existance so vehemently.

While we do realize that there is perhaps no one Earth quite as capable as you are to slay your opponents, but alas, there may be other ways of doing things. For example. In 4v4 Arena play, there just may be a method which does not involve killing the opposing Monk 476 times. You may have heard, or then again you may not have heard, that it's 4v4 as opposed to 4v1. Perhaps you'd like to see if there really is a DP higher than neg 60, but rest assured there is not. That W/Mo can sure get his money's worth out of that Rez spell don't ya think?

Calling targets. Such a wonderful invention. Please, feel free to make sure that you overload ArenaNet's bandwidth by spamming enough "I'm targeting..." packets so the 1's and 0's spill out of their border router and onto their freshly polished floor.

Running in four different direction simultaneously is almost as splendid an idea as draining every drop of your energy bar on the target whose Bar of Red isn't moving one single iota. It's much harder to track down 4 separate targets than it is to break a well disciplined group of 4 fighting in a coordinated formation.

And last but not least, when the "morons" in your group fail to see the brilliance of any of your plans for a decisive victory and decide that they no longer wish to bow to your emminent supremacy, feel free to reinvent all manner of anile diatribes to hurl at your miscreant minions. This will be the final ingredient you will need to bring them "back into the fold."

/rant

Ahhhhh, much better now. Thanks for playing. :happy34:

Cant say I understood over half of that. But yeah, very meaningful. :howdy:

The Norse
10-05-2005, 17:52
Gotta say, that says more about you then him...
tell you what. read the post again, and pretend its adressed to you, bet you would recognise yourself in more then one of those situations :howdy:

Corrodias
10-05-2005, 19:06
oh? you played with this person? then you must be one of the people he/she's talking about. you shouldnt be spamming target calls like that, The Norse. figure it out.

and if you're not one of the people he's talking about, and you have not played with him, then how the hell should you know what it says about him?

Lylanthwol
10-05-2005, 19:21
oh? you played with this person? then you must be one of the people he/she's talking about. you shouldnt be spamming target calls like that, The Norse. figure it out.

and if you're not one of the people he's talking about, and you have not played with him, then how the hell should you know what it says about him?

Why thank you Corrodias. Much obliged.

And Norse, by using some reverse extrapolation on my original post you should be able to figure something out about me.

Here's one. I don't go into a game spewing "leet" garbage at anyone who fails to heed my "orders" and I don't bypass the word filter because my parents don't watch what I do on my computer and it makes me feel big ~N~ bad to use words in public that I heard once on The Sopranos.

Every game in wide release is going to attract both the good and the bad. Once in a while you feel the need to exfoliate the bad.