PDA

View Full Version : Expertise attribute? Is it not working?

Soulstoner
05-05-2005, 19:39
Hey... I currently have 10 points in marksmanship, and I have put 6 points into Expertise. Now, upon reading the description of Expertise I get the impression that it will lower the energy cost of all my skills by 4% per point, especially for expertise related skills.

Now, I am looking at all my skill energy requirements... and they haven't gone down at all. Even looking at the expertise skills, their costs have not been reduced either.

Am I missing something? I'm just slightly confused as to what it actually does now.

Crinaya
06-05-2005, 09:01
Try using a skill to check on the cost... Expertise doesn't seem to update the desciptions, only that actual use.

GammaRay
06-05-2005, 12:47
The description will never change its energy cost. :3

But higher expertise DEFINITELY makes things cheaper for you. You won't see much of an improvement on 5-energy skills, but with 6 expertise your 10-energy skills should only cost about 8. It can be a big difference in an extended battle.

And of course, I'm only talking about skills relevant to Expertise's effects. :3

Hunt3r_kill4
07-05-2005, 06:55
I think there is a cap on how low it can go. 10 or so is probably minimum

GammaRay
07-05-2005, 09:33
10 energy as a minimum? Not unless they made a radical change since beta, and that 10 energy minimum would ruin the purpose of expertise. Having had reasonably high expertise before, it did allow me to use things like power shot for only 7~8 energy.

ratmanXGF
07-05-2005, 10:54
Theres a chart here on gwonline.net that shows the energy reductions that expertise gives at each attribute level.

Neon
07-05-2005, 19:25
http://www.gwonline.net/page.php?p=130

Its that page, and yeah the costs are reduced when you use them. This is a really good skill to have, i find it invaluable, will be even better when coupled with Serpents Quickness and Marksmans Wager if i can ever find Marksmans Wager that is