PDA

View Full Version : sound

Necro Blood
06-05-2005, 07:39
hey i was wondering if this has happened to anyone else....every once in a while if i play the game long enough my sound int he game will just stop completley. but if i minimize and play a song my sound still works just not in the game... i have to log out then relog in and then my sound in the game works?

Necro Blood
06-05-2005, 21:13
hey i was wondering if this has happened to anyone else....every once in a while if i play the game long enough my sound int he game will just stop completley. but if i minimize and play a song my sound still works just not in the game... i have to log out then relog in and then my sound in the game works?

anyone....anyone at all?

krjal
04-06-2005, 05:35
Hey! I got this too.

After playing for more than...2 hours I think, ALL the sound in the game (music included) just stops. Looks like it's software because every other program I have can still make sound after this.

Specs.

AthlonXP 2800+ (oc @ 2.64GHz)
1Gb DDR
ATI Radeon 9800XT (with Omegadrivers based on Cat 5.4)
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe w/ Nforce2 Ultra400 and MCP-T (integrated sound etc.)
2000/512kB net connection
Belkin something-or-other router

That's about all the relevant stuff I think...

Oh, and if I play Winamp during the game I can hear the Winamp music even if the game sound has dissappeared.

Any suggestions?

Chantal Dubois
04-06-2005, 06:08
Is it just the music that stops or is it ALL sound, as in swords clashing, etc?

Emerald Fire
04-06-2005, 07:52
I've noticed I have no more music in Yak's Bend. Noticed it yesterday in fact, all the sounds are still there, such as fire crackling from the bonfire and whatnot, but the music is gone. Everywhere else I have gone so far seems to be ok though.

LordPaco
07-06-2005, 04:39
THis is also happening to me

using

Asus A7N8XD motherboard with the Sound Storm NVIDIA sound card thats built into the chipset. I have also tried turning off hardware audio acceleration and this seems to introduce more bugs. (about 5% of corpse deaths leave an annoying repeating clicking noise)

I am using the lastest drivers from Nvidia and I suspect the problem is due to particular nature of this unusual soundcard.

mater sparkicks
07-06-2005, 21:39
the music that is played is a sound track that lasts a certain amount of time... like playing one track when it is over it stops. it is supposed to restart. try turning down and up your music volume if it stops... i guess they didnt think you would be playing that long.

Neone
08-06-2005, 02:06
Yea I get the same bug. Same asus a7n8x dlx motherboard. Sometimes after entering a town/mission all sound will be cut off (sfx, music, etc...). The only way of restoring it would be to reboot. Closing and restarting the game doesn't bring it back either.

bonesrool
08-06-2005, 07:35
I lose my sound too...though it ocassionally makes the game noises of combat, but only for a very short sec or so. Then I get graphics probs, and anything from around 5 secs to 15 mins<not sure exactly> my whole system just does a complete warm reboot....

It's happened about 6-7 times now....too often to be an isolated incident.
I don't have faith in this game anymore...

majoho
08-06-2005, 10:27
This really belongs in the technical forum (as most of the posts in this forum).