PDA

View Full Version : exploring question?

Nitterik
06-05-2005, 18:50
i was just wondering becuase i was looking at some other threads and i noticed that people said you cant find a camp or outpost unless your on that mission. i was wondering if i could walk and find any outpost or town just by walking in that direction? becuase i want to be able to just walk and visit a town on my journey? thanks

Morgan le Fay
06-05-2005, 19:21
Yes you can, you are not forced to do the missions in order to reach a new town, i have explored most of the pre-release map and nearly every town is reachable by exploring, although it usually takes you a lot longer.

Hope this helps.

FemJesse
06-05-2005, 19:40
I have a friend about to buy Guild Wars and I was wondering if I continued to Post-Asc if I could get back to Pre-Asc to play with her. Does the game allow backwards travel?

Nitterik
06-05-2005, 19:47
im not sure jesse. thank you morgan it does help alot. im glad that you can do that. What lvl should i be when i cross the shiverpeaks?(lol i think its called that)

Diab
06-05-2005, 22:28
I have a friend about to buy Guild Wars and I was wondering if I continued to Post-Asc if I could get back to Pre-Asc to play with her. Does the game allow backwards travel?

No, you cannot. That would be going back in time.

im not sure jesse. thank you morgan it does help alot. im glad that you can do that. What lvl should i be when i cross the shiverpeaks?(lol i think its called that)

Around level 8-9 or more would be good, but varies with the character and how well you know how to play the character. I started on the mountains at around that level and went through most of them with a team of henchmen.

Mortshd
06-05-2005, 22:50
When you talk to Sir Tydus prior entering the Academy, he will warn you that there's no point of return once you went through.

FemJesse
06-05-2005, 23:39
When you talk to Sir Tydus prior entering the Academy, he will warn you that there's no point of return once you went through.

Are there any other places in the game that are non-returnable?

Mortshd
06-05-2005, 23:49
The main game is in the post or searing area. The pre-searing is more like for introduction area to the game where you learn the quest concepts, skills, etc...So to answer your question, No,the Academy is the only point of no return.

draceena
07-05-2005, 04:43
Since you have the ability to creat 4 characters, just make a new pre-searing character and you and your friend can quest together. You can help them and also make another "build" to try out.