PDA

View Full Version : Identify an item?

mappam
06-05-2005, 21:13
I have looked and looked at the Ident tool and can't for the life of me figure out Why I Need This?

What does this exactly do for me - or tell me - until I get to the stage where I can get the Expert Salvage Kit?

I can understand its usefulness after you reach a higher level and can get and/use the Expert Salvage Kit. But until then is there a reason to spend the 100 gold for one?

Thanks so much - This may be the dumbest question ever asked?? But gold is hard for me to get at this stage of play.

Fallen_62
06-05-2005, 21:21
Basically, it is good as it helps you find the items that are "precious" and sell for much more than they originally would. That and they help you to find mods on an item that you might want... I think that they are valuable no matter what level you are, but that is my opinion.

mappam
06-05-2005, 21:52
Fallen - thank you so much for the reply!

I was wondering if you ident an object if you then have the possiblility of getting "more or better" than if you just salvage something?

I didn't think you could "get" anything from an item but crafting material - from the Regular Salvage Kit?

I feel like I am missing something BIG here ;)

Basically, it is good as it helps you find the items that are "precious" and sell for much more than they originally would. That and they help you to find mods on an item that you might want... I think that they are valuable no matter what level you are, but that is my opinion.

Diab
06-05-2005, 22:23
GWonline.net has a salvage guide. It doesn't have everything, but it can give you a good idea as to the types of things you can salvage. With a normal salvage kit, you usually only have a chance to salvage common crafting materials. However, if you use an expert salvage kit, you can salvage rare crafting materials, weapon upgrade components, and runes from some items. Upgrade components and runes can only be salvaged from items that you have identified, I believe.