PDA

View Full Version : Trapper Build... R/?

Nyarlethothep
07-05-2005, 20:41
Heya all, I was just wondering if anyone had made a Trapper Build and if so what was your secondary/primary? Which traps did you select and what skills did you use to support the traps? I have made a Pure Ranger Trapper, but am not sure that it is all that good.

Barbed Trap: When Barbed Trap is triggered, all foes in the area take 20-56 piercing damage, become crippled, and begin bleeding for 3-21 seconds. Barbed Trap ends after 90 seconds. While activating this skill, you are easily interrupted

Flame Trap: When Flame Trap is triggered, for 3 seconds all foes in the area are struck for 15-27 fire damage and set on fire for 1-3 seconds. Flame Trap automatically triggers after 90 seconds. While activating this skill, you are easily interrupted

Hunters Shot: If Hunter's Shot hits, you strike for +3-13 damage. If this attack hits a foe that is moving or knocked down, that foe begins bleeding for 3-21 seconds

Power Shot: If Power Shot hits, you strike for +10-18 damage

Kindle Arrows: For 12 seconds, your arrows deal an additional 3-20 fire damage

Penetrating Attack: If Penetrating Attack hits, you strike for +3-15 damage and this attack has 20% armor penetration

Spike Trap: When Spike Trap is triggered, all foes in the area take 10-56 piercing damage, become crippled for 3-13 seconds and are knocked down. Spike Trap ends after 90 seconds. While activating this skill, you are easily interrupted. This is an elite skill

Storm Chaser: For 8-18 seconds, you move 25% faster, and you gain 1-4 energy whenever you take elemental damage

What do you think? Traps sound alot of fun, but I do not know how functional they may be in PvP vs PvE. Also are my arrow attacks suffiecient to cover damage if traps are not working? Or should I throw in mesmer with some mana taps to cover mana cost. Thanks in advance!

Nyarlethothep
07-05-2005, 22:09
Err. Actually I was condsidering more a straight ranger, classic style in that if focuses mainly on the bow. Probably a bland and boring build, but I think it might be fun to play:

1)Barrage: All your preparations are removed. Shoot arrows at up to 5 enemies near your target. These arrows strike for +1-13 damage if they hit. This is an elite skill

2)Favorable Winds: Create a level 1-8 Spirit. For creatures within its range, arrows move twice as fast as normal and strike for +3 damage. This Spirit dies after 30-126 seconds

3)Dual Shot: Shoot two arrows simultaneously at target foe. These
arrows deal 25% less damage than normal

4)Read the Wind: For 12 seconds, your arrows move twice as fast as normal and deal 3-9 extra damage

5)Apply Poison: For 12 seconds, enemies struck by your physical attacks become poisoned for 3-13 seconds

6)Kindle Arrows: For 12 seconds, your arrows deal an additional 3-20 fire damage

7)Final Thrust: Lose all adrenaline. If Final Thrust hits, you deal 1-32 more damage. This damage is doubled if your target was below 50% health

8)Pure Strike: If Pure Strike hits, you strike for +1-24 damage. If you are not using a stance, Pure Strike cannot be blocked or evaded

I have the mele skills there just in case of PvE or in a case in where I have to mele. I tried to keep the energy cost down so I think this build is a bit more self sufficient

Neon
08-05-2005, 02:10
The default build that pvp uses is rng/nec for his curses and traps

Balkroth
09-05-2005, 22:08
Err. Actually I was condsidering more a straight ranger, classic style in that if focuses mainly on the bow. Probably a bland and boring build, but I think it might be fun to play:

1)Barrage: All your preparations are removed. Shoot arrows at up to 5 enemies near your target. These arrows strike for +1-13 damage if they hit. This is an elite skill

2)Favorable Winds: Create a level 1-8 Spirit. For creatures within its range, arrows move twice as fast as normal and strike for +3 damage. This Spirit dies after 30-126 seconds

3)Dual Shot: Shoot two arrows simultaneously at target foe. These
arrows deal 25% less damage than normal

4)Read the Wind: For 12 seconds, your arrows move twice as fast as normal and deal 3-9 extra damage

5)Apply Poison: For 12 seconds, enemies struck by your physical attacks become poisoned for 3-13 seconds

6)Kindle Arrows: For 12 seconds, your arrows deal an additional 3-20 fire damage

7)Final Thrust: Lose all adrenaline. If Final Thrust hits, you deal 1-32 more damage. This damage is doubled if your target was below 50% health

8)Pure Strike: If Pure Strike hits, you strike for +1-24 damage. If you are not using a stance, Pure Strike cannot be blocked or evaded

I have the mele skills there just in case of PvE or in a case in where I have to mele. I tried to keep the energy cost down so I think this build is a bit more self sufficient

Just a few notes, favorable winds is +6 damage now, and apply poison lasts for 24 seconds, and I think Kindle Arrows does also.

phatdawg
10-05-2005, 01:31
Just a few notes, favorable winds is +6 damage now, and apply poison lasts for 24 seconds, and I think Kindle Arrows does also.

confirming: kindle arrow and apply poison last for 24 seconds

what was your secondary/primary?

Try mesmer, and pick up mantra of concentration. Interupted trap is the last thing you want to happen.

And just a note, in case you are thinking of stacking kindle arrow and apply poison, it does not stack. If you cast one after the other, the later one will replace the previous one. I think read the wind behaves the same way.