PDA

View Full Version : Intel Card

steroids
07-05-2005, 23:02
Ok so i went to the unsuupported video card part of the website, it has the listing of the intel cards that arent supported i have a 82865G , which is not listed on there, will i be able to play this game? Since it is not on the unsupported video card list? Please Help! I want to play this game so bad!

Glenn_Irving
08-05-2005, 02:07
Try posting this in the Technical Forum (http://forums.gwonline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=128).
I'm sure someone will be able to help you out there.

Minerva McGonagall
08-05-2005, 04:29
I can help with this.

I'm guessing you have a dell PC -- dell seem to be in love with Intel, and distribute intel motherboards with the onboard "Extreme" graphics.

"Extreme" must mean extremely crap, because the graphics chips just don't perform and are compatible with sod all.

My mother has the same graphics chip you have, and in short.. No, guild wars won't work with it -- but you can "sort of" play. You'll find if you use the latest drivers available from intel, you will actually be able to run the game and play, but it causes hard reboots every thirty minutes or so.

If you want my advice, I suggest investing in a nice nVidia card to compliment guildwars :) you can get good ones nice and cheap, say a Geforce FX 5200, and it'll let you play guild wars flawlessly and pretty smooth too.

Hope this helps.

steroids
08-05-2005, 04:40
Well i am able to play quite fine, ive been playibng with max quality settings, but everytime i try to drag an item my comp just restarts, what the heck is going on?

Minerva McGonagall
08-05-2005, 04:51
yes, i had the crash while dragging too, upgrade your drivers. Then it'll crash randomly at other times, but not while dragging ;)

steroids
08-05-2005, 04:54
Why does it even crash?

Minerva McGonagall
08-05-2005, 06:43
It boils down to the fact that guild wars uses advanced directx 9 features, and the intel card doesn't properly support DirectX 9.

ColdwaveKid
09-05-2005, 07:07
Yeah the Intel card is causing me to crash to desktop, but only once every 2 hours or so. The game is laggy at times, but that may be due to server load. Not sure.

Oh well, put in like 12 hours so far, and why that crashing is annoying, it is something that can be dealt with.

Marikar
09-05-2005, 09:35
Hi, the intel chipset is only DX8 complient. This is the root cause of all the probs. Intel are currently working to implement the Dx9 api with software and any hardware they have in the driver. This chipset seems to have many issues with lots of games.

My advice is to stick with a seperate video card. Either Nvidia FX series or ATI 9600 or above. There are fx and 9600 cards that are not too expensive. around 50 in my local store.