PDA

View Full Version : putting skill points in strength useful?

pohtato
08-05-2005, 02:00
it seem to only increase the effects of str related abilities and also increases chance of armour penetration.

can ne one give a technical explaination of armour penetration? do warrior start wif a fix % of armour penetration of is it zero %?

funkpanda
08-05-2005, 03:01
it seem to only increase the effects of str related abilities and also increases chance of armour penetration.

can ne one give a technical explaination of armour penetration? do warrior start wif a fix % of armour penetration of is it zero %?

Dont put points into str, IMO, it is the weakest of our attributes

REI ONRYOU
08-05-2005, 12:51
And now for an explained answer rather than personal cited opinions.

Like the other Attribute lines, it will increase the abilities of linked Skills. The passive effect is 1% AP per Attribute point in Strength when using attack skills. So that means that without runes, you could get 12% AP for attack skills.
All characters start out with 0% AP, so the Warrior is the only class to have this ability.
Armour Penetration works like this. It nullifies a certain % of the armour your opponent is wearing. I.E: If you had 10% AP and your opponent was wearing 100 AL armour, he would effectively only have 90AL. Although it doesn't sound like much, the extra damage is very nice.

As for personal opinions of Strength as a line to use, it's generally disliked. Many think it is too weak to be of any use, especially since other classes have 'better' Primary Attributes. In actual fact, a slight increase in the amount of AP Warrior's get would over power them.
There are many good skills in the Strength line, so it's up to you if you decide to use it or not. If you don't have any skills from there, it's still worth putting some spare points into it, as every little bonus helps.

I always have 10 in Strength as I still find the extra damage you deal to be very useful.

Feel free to ask any more questions.