PDA

View Full Version : Need a good N/ME build, please...

Ascidus
08-05-2005, 04:45
Ok, I am terrible at designing builds, and I'm looking for someone to help me with a build. If someone can make me one, that would be great... As long as it is a stable PvE build.

heres my current crappy build...
~~~~~
Class: Necromancer / Mesmer

Attributes: (cost)
Soul Reaping: 7 (28)
Curses: 5 (15)
Death Magic: 11 (77)
Illusion Magic: 11 (77)

Total attribute points used: 197/200

Skills:
1) Migraine (elite) - (10,2,15) For 23 seconds, target foe suffers health degeneration of 3 and takes 100% longer to cast spells. This is an elite skill.
2) Animate Bone Horror - (15,5,5) Exploit target corpse to animate a level 11 Bone Horror.
3) Deathly Swarm - (10,3,3) Deathly Swarm flies out slowly and strikes for 63 cold damage (before armor) on up to three targets.
4) Deathly Chill - (10,1,15) Target foe is struck for 26 cold damage (before armor). If that foe's health is above 50%, you deal an additional 26 shadow damage.
5) Insidious Parasite - (15,2,10) For 12 seconds, whenever target foe hits with an attack, you steal 15 health from that foe.
6) Phantom Pain - (10,2,15) For 10 seconds, target foe suffers health degeneration of 3. When Phantom Pain ends, that foe suffers a deep wound, lowering that foe's maximum health by 20% for 16 seconds.
7) Conjure Phantasm - (10,1,5) For 11 seconds, target foe experiences health degeneration of 5.
8) Clumsiness - (10,1,10) For 7 seconds, if target foe attempts to attack, the attack is interrupted, target foe suffers 70 damage, and Clumsiness ends.
~~~

Any attributes are fine with me, so feel free to change death to blood or to curses.

If you can help me, thank you so much.

auspix
08-05-2005, 05:23
Class: Mesmer / Necromancer

Attributes: (cost) '+' indicates Rune attributes
Fast Casting: 9+1 (48)
Illusion Magic: 10+1 (61)
Inspiration Magic: 4 (10)
Curses: 11 (77)

Total attribute points used: 196/200

Skills: [Attribute] (Energy, Cast Time, Recharge TIme)
1) Mantra of Persistence [Inspiration Magic] (15,0,20) Stance: For 46 seconds, any illusion magic hex you cast lasts 41% longer.

2) Soul Barbs [Curses] (10,2,20) Hex: For 30 seconds, target foe takes 26 damage when an enchantment or hex is cast on that target.

3) Ethereal Burden [Illusion Magic] (15,3,45) Hex: For 10 seconds, target foe moves 50% slower than normal. When Ethereal Burden ends, you gain 19 energy.

4) Faintheartedness [Curses] (10,1,5) Hex: For the next 35 seconds, target foe's attack speed is reduced and that foe suffers health degeneration of 3.

5) Phantom Pain [Illusion Magic] (10,2,15) Hex: For 10 seconds, target foe suffers health degeneration of 3. When Phantom Pain ends, that foe suffers a deep wound, lowering that foe's maximum health by 20% for 16 seconds.

6) Conjure Phantasm [Illusion Magic] (10,1,5) Hex: For 11 seconds, target foe experiences health degeneration of 5.

7) Soothing Images [Illusion Magic] (10,2,5) Hex: For 17 seconds, target foe and all adjacent foes cannot gain adrenaline.

8) Feast of Corruption [Curses] (10,3,20) Spell: Target foe and all adjacent foes are struck for 63 shadow damage. You steal 32 health from each struck foe who is suffering from a hex. This is an elite skill.

Here's my "Suck on My Hexticles" hex-themed build. Soul Barbs for DD when loading up on hexes. Soothing Images + Feast of Corruption for health.

Scarecrow
08-05-2005, 19:40
That build will be totally useless for the OP because he's got NECROMANCER as primary profession!

Ascidus
09-05-2005, 07:02
That build will be totally useless for the OP because he's got NECROMANCER as primary profession!

LOL
new one..
Attribute Calculator Character Dump

Class: Necromancer / Mesmer

Assumed items:
+2 to Death Magic

Attributes: (cost)
Soul Reaping: 3 (6)
Death Magic: 12+2 (97)
Domination Magic: 12 (97)

Total attribute points used: 200/200

Skills:
1) Deathly Swarm - (10,3,3) Deathly Swarm flies out slowly and strikes for 76 cold damage (before armor) on up to three targets.
2) Putrid Explosion - (10,1,0) Target corpse explodes, sending out a shockwave that deals 114 damage to each nearby creature.
3) Animate Bone Horror - (15,5,5) Exploit target corpse to animate a level 14 Bone Horror.
4) Soul Feast - (10,1,0) Exploit target corpse to steal 265 health.
5) Empathy - (10,2,20) For 10 seconds, whenever target foe attacks, that foe takes 25 damage.
6) Backfire - (15,3,20) For 10 seconds, whenever target foe casts a spell, that foe takes 116 damage.
7) Chaos Storm - (15,2,30) Create a chaos storm at target foe's location. For 10 seconds, enemies near this location suffer 6 damage each second. Chaos Storm drains 12 energy whenever it strikes a foe casting a spell.
8) Energy Surge (elite) - (10,2,20) Target foe loses 9 energy. For each point of energy lost, that foe and all adjacent foes take 8 damage. This is an elite skill.

Stephen Hawking
09-05-2005, 21:50
One thing though, I do enjoy the necromancer, but some of their skills are so slow to cast, and thus fast casting tends to be more handy at times. Not to mention, channeling/spell spam makes for a lot of energy relatively quickly.

If you wanna do a DoT focus, remember that it maxes out at -10 regen if i remember reading, hence conjure phantasm and another will get you close to the max of it. You may consider death nova instead as you have some quick damage potential with a few direct nukes in the second build, and you can only focus with one target at that start.

I.e. Cast channeling beforehand, Cast empathy or backfire (depending on mob) Cast DoT spells (conjure phant, phantom pain, etc) on target, then death nova, cast direct nukes, as mobs get clumped maybe cast chaos storm. By this time you have everyone death nova'd for a lot of damage and a mass DoT, and channeling allows you to cast another conjure or whatever by now. Or you can go for the epidemic route and spread conditions around.

Also, don't underestimate phantom pain, that deep wound condition is very handy to have especially when later mobs take longer to kill.