PDA

View Full Version : Another 'will it work on my PC thread'

gregradiohead
08-05-2005, 04:43
So after playing RO for a week and growing pissed off at it (level grinding, wheee...thankfully I did a trial) I want to play Guild Wars in the worst way. But I'm not sure my PC can run it.
2.8ghz
512 MB Ram
Intel 82865G Graphics Controller w/ 96 MB Ram
Cable modem
Basically the only thing I'm concerned about is the video card, but I figured I'd list the rest anyway. All the system requirements and threads I've read elsewhere confuse the hell out of me. Some see to imply that I would have to buy another video card, while others say I'll be fine.

steroids
08-05-2005, 04:49
Ive got the same video card as you, i run on a sony vaio im able to play the game on low settings, but for some reeason i crash when i try to drag an item and it reboots my computer.

Ettenra
08-05-2005, 06:56
There is a program made by nvidia that will force your integrated GPU to act like an nvidia card. It is called NVemulate I think. There might be thread in this forum if you search. I can't remember where I found it. I had read that it cleared up some peoples compatibility issues when used correctly.

gregradiohead
08-05-2005, 22:37
OH boy I'm going to rush out and buy a new video card just so I can play Guild Wars.
Maybe instead of no monthly fees they should just give away video cards?