PDA

View Full Version : Skill of One Hundred Blades[ELITE]

inabuhk
08-05-2005, 07:07
I hear around this skill is to be found in Piken Square - with the assistance of the Signet of Capture. From what I know, a Charr boss has it - near a bridge, but where exactly? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Kommie
08-05-2005, 15:37
It's the bridge west of Piken Square. The boss is a rare spawn, because I ran to the bridge 5 times and got a different boss each time before finding the warrior boss.

Beomagi
08-05-2005, 16:35
Apparently, bosses are randomized, but out of a pool of em. it doesn't have the be a bridge or whatever. i just got the skill, after trying about a dozen runs, just wandered a little farther till the next boss - and it was the warrior (garsomthing) that's where i got the skill from. placement of bosses is constant, but they apparently pick from a set.

Bruiser of Minoc
08-05-2005, 17:37
The warrior char boss is always there when I go. Its the bridge above the mud pits, just ahead from the group of npc's at the entrance as you come in from ascalon. Piken square is nearer though.

inabuhk
08-05-2005, 18:41
So it's completely random, knowing you had to do that a dozen times..ugh, I hope it's worth it. I'll travel west of Piken Square - if anyone can be as specific as possible it'd be greatly appreciated

*updated: monster in "THE BREACH" also uses this skill. I asked around.

Hopron Mox
09-05-2005, 03:21
The boss type is random, but you can get to him pretty quick 2-3 mins tops, check his class from a distance and if it's not him then port back to Piken and start over (Warrior bosses are Yellow). I only fought him if he was yellow...

And yes, this skill is absolutely worth it. Double your attack damage on a single target, AND if you're in a crowd of 2-3 it charges your adrenaline abilities CRAZY fast. 5 Energy, recycles every 5-6 seconds. Amazing ability, just amazing.

inabuhk
09-05-2005, 04:36
I got it, but I do horrible dmg to lvl 10+'s, and now I'm in an area with 20+'s, and I do +5 +11 dmg...using a 13-19 dmg sword

Beomagi
09-05-2005, 08:20
pair up the speed with enhancements that add damage, or effects. eg - use it with flurry and mark of pain/barbs, or use it with strength of honor and judges insight, conjure flame if you're part elemental and wield a fire based weapon etc.

dreary79
09-05-2005, 10:06
I went in by myself and he never used the skill once... I just sat there a long time without killing he and I guess he just didn't want to use the skill.

Neticule
09-05-2005, 12:08
ive been fighting with Gorgaan Hatemonger for over 30 minutes and he has not used the skill. Im becoming quite doubtful. Can anyone reassure me the got the skill from him? He is a boss, he is a warrior, but he uses NO SKILLS but healing signet, wtf is going on?

Kaziurra
09-05-2005, 15:03
ive been fighting with Gorgaan Hatemonger for over 30 minutes and he has not used the skill. Im becoming quite doubtful. Can anyone reassure me the got the skill from him? He is a boss, he is a warrior, but he uses NO SKILLS but healing signet, wtf is going on?

Ive heard you have to "mob" him in order for him to use the skill. Good luck with that tho.

Beomagi
09-05-2005, 17:04
Ive heard you have to "mob" him in order for him to use the skill. Good luck with that tho.
i used stephan the merc, and kept using heal area to keep gorgy alive. he used it since both stephan myself and alesia (doh!) were in meele range.

Seeker of Something
09-05-2005, 22:16
Yup, a single henchman works. So long as there are two of you adjacent the boss has a good chance of using the skill. The warrior boss (Spar the Ravager or somesuch) in the Fort Ranik mission also uses Hundred Blades, I captured it from him.

inabuhk
09-05-2005, 22:50
Yup, a single henchman works. So long as there are two of you adjacent the boss has a good chance of using the skill. The warrior boss (Spar the Ravager or somesuch) in the Fort Ranik mission also uses Hundred Blades, I captured it from him.

I got the skill too, but I do such bad damage against strong mosnters with it. I do 5 dmg..:(

Aramon
10-05-2005, 00:53
where did you get the capture signet?

Seeker of Something
10-05-2005, 01:03
I got the skill too, but I do such bad damage against strong mosnters with it. I do 5 dmg..:(

Hundred Blades no longer reduces weapon damage, it just deals damage twice. If the damage is poor then try a better weapon, or put more points into Strength for armor penetration, or buff your weapon's damage (e.g. Conjure Flame or Judge's Insight).

where did you get the capture signet?

You get the Signet of Capture from the mage on the hill in Lion's Arch (after you do his other quests).

Glamis
13-05-2005, 13:31
What level do you need to be to get this skill?

Has anyone gotten it after May 11th (when supposedly something was changed about the boss you can capture it from)?

SkinZ
13-05-2005, 17:48
tried to get it from bonneti and from boss on bridge near piken square after update with no luck :(
Any ideas welcome

PowerK
13-05-2005, 20:04
tried to get it from bonneti and from boss on bridge near piken square after update with no luck :(
Any ideas welcome
Yup. This is true.
After the May 11th update, Bonneti, and Gorgaan Hatemonger no longer use Hundred Blades.

SkinZ
13-05-2005, 21:08
Any idea who does now?

ritek
14-05-2005, 02:44
couldnt say

Ruglia
15-05-2005, 01:57
Heh, I want this skill bad now... This site says 2 other bosses that use it, don't know if they still do. Can anyone confirm?

Warning, could be spoiler:
http://www.gwonline.net/page.php?p=121#Hundred%20Blades