PDA

View Full Version : Bags and extra storage?

BlueBudgerigar
08-05-2005, 17:06
how do you get multiple bags and pouches? also I noticed somebody (an NPC) selling "storage space" for 50 gold...how does that "Storage space" work? Is it available at ANYTIME in the game, or just back in town?

Thx for answers...

:worship:

GuildWarz
08-05-2005, 17:11
you can only use one pouch and 2 bags you put them next to you backpack... that line with the numbers like 15 16 17 18 or whatever you can buy them from merchants, the storage space is a box that you can store stuff in but you can only use it when your at town and go to one of the storage people.

Nightchill
08-05-2005, 17:14
Just to add: you can buy the bags (for 100g) from a merchant. When you get to Yak's Bend you can buy an enhancer (for 500g) that doubles a bag's capacity.

Corrodias
08-05-2005, 18:48
thos "15" through "18" are, i think, just poorly written F5 through F8, because those keys open those respective bags.

Bonehead632
08-05-2005, 21:19
Also a note for ya......all 4 of your chars will use the same storage box......so if your first char fills it up......the next char you get post seering, and open the box with.....will find it full of whatever the first char put in it. :(

ScruffyhawkIII
09-05-2005, 05:43
seems like you would be able to transfer gear to a newby character then if thats the case..

ColdwaveKid
09-05-2005, 08:18
seems like you would be able to transfer gear to a newby character then if thats the case..

In theory but most of the stuff ends up getting customized. However some stuff can be left like precious items for quick cash, ID and SK, and some simple weapons that have not been modified yet.

Sherish
09-05-2005, 10:41
Whereabouts are the bags sold?

I know I can do a skale fin quest and get a 5slot pouch but I can only carry one of these. I have searched the merchants available in the zones I have been in but cannot find any bags at all.

Sher

Nightchill
09-05-2005, 11:37
Sorry, I should've said "post-searing". Bags aren't available pre-searing.

msde
12-05-2005, 03:29
Is it worth doubling my bags when I get to Yak's Bend, or should I look for a bag that offers more than 5 slots first?

Serpentine
12-05-2005, 06:26
Use your judgement. If you, even with a pouch and 2 bags, find yourself constantly hearing "Inventory Full" then you may want to invest the gold to double your bag size.

Tsume
12-05-2005, 06:46
Heres the low down:

You can get a Belt Pouch mainly from collectors that gives you 5 extra slots.

You can later buy bags that give you 5 extra slots as well. You can buy 2 bags, giving you 10 extra slots total.

Once you get to Yak's Bend you can buy 'Runes of Holding' which you double click and use on your bags to expand them to 10 slots each. You must buy a rune for each of them. That basically doubles your inventory size.

In addition you can pay 50 gold per character to the Xunial agents, and they will sell you 'account storage'. This means that any character of yours that pays the 50 gold can access that storage vault, and the vault is account based, meaning you can put crafting materials in it to transfer them to your other characters that need it, or if you find a cool wand your monk could use, well open the xunial box and put it in, log on your monk, open the xunial vault and take out your awesome wand.

Hope that helps.

Kuri Tenshi
13-05-2005, 12:34
I take it these NPC's selling 'storage space' are only available post-searing?

Auntie I
13-05-2005, 14:46
Only in Post Searing. Although I noticed last night that the Expert Salvage kit and runes of holding are available earlier in the game than Yak's Bend. To be specific I found them in Sardelac Sanitarium (I didn't check elsewher as real life interfered)

Blitzy
13-05-2005, 15:37
Heres the low down:

You can get a Belt Pouch mainly from collectors that gives you 5 extra slots.

You can later buy bags that give you 5 extra slots as well. You can buy 2 bags, giving you 10 extra slots total.

Once you get to Yak's Bend you can buy 'Runes of Holding' which you double click and use on your bags to expand them to 10 slots each. You must buy a rune for each of them. That basically doubles your inventory size.

In addition you can pay 50 gold per character to the Xunial agents, and they will sell you 'account storage'. This means that any character of yours that pays the 50 gold can access that storage vault, and the vault is account based, meaning you can put crafting materials in it to transfer them to your other characters that need it, or if you find a cool wand your monk could use, well open the xunial box and put it in, log on your monk, open the xunial vault and take out your awesome wand.

Hope that helps.

Cheers for that...exactly what was needed :)

Opiuman
14-05-2005, 04:51
In the inventory theres the main, a belt and 2 bags. What's that trashcan looking thing?

Serpentine
14-05-2005, 05:10
You can destroy items by clicking and dragging.

proudfoot
14-05-2005, 06:01
Funny thing, logic. :)

Thanks for explaining how it lets you transfer. That's an awesome feature.