PDA

View Full Version : crafting fur squares?

itzjonny
08-05-2005, 22:09
what can i do to craft these

RushD
08-05-2005, 22:26
myself as a warrior i need them to craft the higher defense ascalon armor :D

Nightchill
09-05-2005, 01:27
There have been a lot of threads on this (should be able to Search). The last I heard, you need to use Expert Salvage Kits on Charr Hides.

Ordo Hex
09-05-2005, 14:48
Thanks for posting this, you saved me the bother :clap: . I spent ages looking for the answer in game but either no-one knew or bothered to answer.

Next question is where to get an expert salvage kit? I'm guessing it's in one of the cities/outposts further on in the game.

Some guy was trying to charge me 900 gold per fur square!! Only 6 times the cost of the armour I was trying to get made...

Mortshd
09-05-2005, 15:13
The earliest area to get the expert kit is Yak's Bend. By the way, it's kind of random to get fur square from the expert kit, i.e. not necessarily you'll get the fur square every time. Someone mentioned that he wasted so much gold on the expert kit (400 gold per kit) and hides to get only one or two fur squares.

Ordo Hex
09-05-2005, 15:24
Ok, thanks for the info. Glad I just went with the bog-standard armour in the end then. That 900 gold only seems half ludicrous now.

kilmar
09-05-2005, 16:33
I believe the higher the mob level, the easier it is to craft fur. I tried charred hide and got one in like 50 tries. Killed a couple of level 20+ mobs and their armor surprisingly yielded 8 or so furs so far in 20 or so tries.

Mortshd
10-05-2005, 15:36
No more price gouging. New update coming up later this week.
"Item Scarcity: We are fixing problems which caused excessive scarcity for Fur Squares, Linen, and Silk. All of these will be significantly more common."

sparkyman
10-05-2005, 16:55
No more price gouging. New update coming up later this week.
"Item Scarcity: We are fixing problems which caused excessive scarcity for Fur Squares, Linen, and Silk. All of these will be significantly more common."

yea riiiight....I will believe the scarcity issue to be resolved when I actually see it happening....silk and linen are scarce to be assured but at least you can craft those items....as for fur ??

Belgeran

Lysara
02-06-2005, 03:02
what can i do to craft these

You can go to Calissa Sedgewick and give her 4 charr hides and she'll give you 1 fur square :) She's in Ascalon City by Corwen the Armourer.

Hope this help :)

Lysara

Daekano
02-06-2005, 05:31
you can expert salv fur from Manes found from the horse guys. depending on what type you salv u can get upto 4 fur from 1 of them.

majoho
02-06-2005, 10:41
The earliest area to get the expert kit is Yak's Bend. By the way, it's kind of random to get fur square from the expert kit, i.e. not necessarily you'll get the fur square every time. Someone mentioned that he wasted so much gold on the expert kit (400 gold per kit) and hides to get only one or two fur squares.
No you can already get it from some of the early eastern missions - I think it's Fort Ranik.

And later on in the game you will have plenty of money so you might as well just expert salvage everything - although some things will never get you good stuff -> http://www.gwonline.net/page.php?p=90

Lysara
02-06-2005, 18:50
No you can already get it from some of the early eastern missions - I think it's Fort Ranik.

And later on in the game you will have plenty of money so you might as well just expert salvage everything - although some things will never get you good stuff -> http://www.gwonline.net/page.php?p=90

Yeah... You can get them at Sardelac Sanitarium, Piken Square, Northern Wall, Fort Ranik... depends on what order you get to the towns in :D (In fact, I have yet to see a town that you go into that doesn't offer expert kits besides Ascalon City :P)

Lysara