PDA

View Full Version : Signet of Capture x2?

inabuhk
09-05-2005, 02:23
Can this skill be used more than once? Even after capturing another skill?

Bruiser of Minoc
09-05-2005, 02:50
Yeah you go buy another from the skill man.

Bravo
09-05-2005, 10:59
Or you can buy more than 1 at a time :)

REI ONRYOU
09-05-2005, 17:15
It's an Elite so you can't take more than one into a mission/explorable, and once you capture a skill, the Capture Signet is replaced by the new skill, so the same Signet cannot be used several times. You have to buy more.

Sir Sweepaway
10-05-2005, 05:50
One extra question about the signet, can you only capture skills for your professions or can you use it to capture any skills? thx!

necrothaftis
10-05-2005, 17:50
One extra question about the signet, can you only capture skills for your professions or can you use it to capture any skills? thx!

Only skills from your primary/secondary professions.

Niscandia
10-05-2005, 23:23
Originally Posted by REI ONRYOU
It's an Elite so you can't take more than one into a mission/explorable, and once you capture a skill, the Capture Signet is replaced by the new skill, so the same Signet cannot be used several times. You have to buy more.

Acutaly you can have multipule signets equiped at a time (when PvEing I normaly have 2 signets equiped) You just have to purchase multipule copies and then use up multipule slots, so technicaly you could have 8 signets on at once.... but then how good would you do in PvE... let alone if you accidently entered an arena...

Niscandia

REI ONRYOU
11-05-2005, 01:23
And I thought they were Elites. Thanks for correcting me.

Aramon
11-05-2005, 01:39
where do you buy them? I got the one from the quest in Lion's but I would love to know where to purchase them.

Niscandia
11-05-2005, 07:36
Well I should say, you can equip multipule signets of capture, AFTER you use the very first one you are given.

At least for me, it seems that using the first one is a quest (I belive I got 500 xp for using it up) then after you return to the guy in Lion's Arch he brings up a menu just like a normal skill trainer, only difference is that when you "buy" signet of capture it just stays there, and doesn't go away.

You can buy a couple at a time (or go over board and buy 6 like myself, so you HOPE you don't have to buy another one.... Found out that is never true... expectly when you don't know if this skill or that skill is elite... and you just capture it....)

Hope this helps,
Niscandia

Ellipse Lachengeist
14-05-2005, 10:11
Anyone know if the cap sig(excuse my shorthand, GW on the go :D ) works in PvP?

Tyrole
15-05-2005, 03:43
no - only enemy bosses (the colored guys) have "enough power" when using skills to imprint on your signet of capture.

iversonxp
15-05-2005, 07:22
what is this stuff?

Sophos
13-11-2005, 20:21
where do you buy them? I got the one from the quest in Lion's but I would love to know where to purchase them.

The Skills guy in Beetletun sells them.

Asheron
13-11-2005, 20:41
Well I should say, you can equip multipule signets of capture, AFTER you use the very first one you are given.

At least for me, it seems that using the first one is a quest (I belive I got 500 xp for using it up) then after you return to the guy in Lion's Arch he brings up a menu just like a normal skill trainer, only difference is that when you "buy" signet of capture it just stays there, and doesn't go away.

You can buy a couple at a time (or go over board and buy 6 like myself, so you HOPE you don't have to buy another one.... Found out that is never true... expectly when you don't know if this skill or that skill is elite... and you just capture it....)

Hope this helps,
Niscandia

It usually says that it's an elite in the skill description and it has a yellow frame as well as a star in a corner. Makes it easy to recognize elites. :happy34:

Wooble
15-11-2005, 12:02
Any Skilltrainers (the ones that sell skills) can sell you a capture signet in any town after Lions Arch. (Cpt Greywind dont.. but he's alone in that)

Dahmer
15-11-2005, 12:32
Only skills from your primary/secondary professions.are u sure about that? i'm warrior/monk & wasnt able to capture anything from monk boss @ griffons while ago

ps :
i guess its not possible to capture that kickass KILLROOOOY skill? :(

Doyle
15-11-2005, 17:09
are u sure about that? i'm warrior/monk & wasnt able to capture anything from monk boss @ griffons while ago

ps :
i guess its not possible to capture that kickass KILLROOOOY skill? :(

Yes. My Wa/Mo captured Shield of Judgement from Myd Springclaw in mineral springs. Not all bosses have capturable skills however -- I'm pretty sure the Screaming Claw doesn't have anything interesting.

And no, you can't capture anything that's not in the skill list (wouldn't it be cool to capture Spectral Agony?)

clockworkjames
15-11-2005, 23:50
You have access to all the elite skills you have captured untill you go into a town/outpost where you can only equip one.

I remember i bought like thirty when they were 200g or so a pop, i heard the update would kill skill pts so i stockpiled and used all but 2 skillpoints, so glad i did seeing as now they are a plat each :happy34:

K Angle
16-11-2005, 07:59
anyone know if echo/arcane echo + cap sig work?

the true gangster
16-11-2005, 08:31
arcane echo only works on spells, cap sig is a skill, i dont know what echo does, but if echo echoes skills aswell as spells, my guess is it would echo whatever skill you cap, not the actual cap sig.

Doyle
16-11-2005, 16:02
arcane echo only works on spells, cap sig is a skill, i dont know what echo does, but if echo echoes skills aswell as spells, my guess is it would echo whatever skill you cap, not the actual cap sig.

Echo works on skills, so theorectically this would work, to capture 3 skills.

Cast Arcane Echo, Echo, (now you have two Echos), use Cap Signet. Echo copies Cap Sig, Cap Sig becomes captured skill. Cast AE'ed version of echo, and then Echoed version of cap Sig again to capture second skill. AE'ed version of echo is now Cap Sig, which you then fire off. Of course once AE and echo wear off, you'd lose access to the elite (although it would still be captured).

However, it's a moot point since Cap Signets are special and can't be echoed. If they could, you could get all your skills w/o spending any money or skill points.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure you can echo other sigs, such as healing sigs and rez sigs.

Badenstein
16-11-2005, 16:25

You can take multiple Signet of Captures on a mission. I had 3 just last night. I'll post a pic if I can find it.

Fownkaymownkay
16-11-2005, 16:33
dude. you can echo sigs? hahah so echo res sigs or sigs of midnight!! how crazy would that be??!

Xycury
02-12-2005, 19:32
Echo a rez and you'd have to have 2 people dead within 20 secs... i should have my mesmer try that.