PDA

View Full Version : Platemail VS Knights Armor

Javelin
09-05-2005, 18:08
What exactly is the difference between having: +20 AL vs physical (ie:platemail), and having: reduces damage from attacks, +10 AL vs physical (ie: Knights Armor)? Is either one better than the other? Does the Knights Armor reduce damage from all attacks including spells and skills? How much does it reduce the damage by and is it even worth it?

Thank you in advance to anyone who knows anything about this.

Xircon
10-05-2005, 01:38
What exactly is the difference between having: +20 AL vs physical (ie:platemail), and having: reduces damage from attacks, +10 AL vs physical (ie: Knights Armor)? Is either one better than the other? Does the Knights Armor reduce damage from all attacks including spells and skills? How much does it reduce the damage by and is it even worth it?

Thank you in advance to anyone who knows anything about this.

Armor rating you seen is the rating that is applied for all attacks unless it states, like both of the armors you mentioned, +10/20 to phyisical damage. There is also elemental based armors. The reduces damage (personally my favorite) reduces the damage you take from all attacks. I think comparable to a minor absorb rune but I do not know exact numbers.

calderstrake
10-05-2005, 02:16
The other question I have on this topic is...

Do all the armor bonuses stack? In otherwords, do you add all armor ratings and bonuses to get your final armor stats?

helm + chest + gauntlets + leggins + boots = armor rating?

so if all my pieces are 50, I would have an armor rating of 250?

Xircon
10-05-2005, 02:26
The other question I have on this topic is...

Do all the armor bonuses stack? In otherwords, do you add all armor ratings and bonuses to get your final armor stats?

helm + chest + gauntlets + leggins + boots = armor rating?

so if all my pieces are 50, I would have an armor rating of 250?

No, they do not stack. Every hit is a "called" hit and the part of the armor that it hits determines the damage done.

I do not know the percents of the parts of the body it hits. I would assume that the body is the most and I have heard the head is the least. But I have also heard that head shots are considered critical hits.