PDA

View Full Version : Warrior/Elementalist - DPS Builds

Jayblah
09-05-2005, 22:08
Hello everyone,

First time poster and new to Guild Wars. I am currently running a level 8 Warrior/Elementalist and have made it to post-Searing.

I decided on Elementalist because I read around that the 4 branches of magic can augment the Warrior very well. With tanking and versatility (Earth), DPS (fire), snaring and debuffs (water), and damage and debuffs (air). I hope those descriptions were accurate.

My question is, if playing as a W/E, can't a Mesmer with Shatter Enchantment annihilate your damage dealing (like Conjure)? What's the solution to this?

Dragon Flame
10-05-2005, 01:57
Hello everyone,

First time poster and new to Guild Wars. I am currently running a level 8 Warrior/Elementalist and have made it to post-Searing.

I decided on Elementalist because I read around that the 4 branches of magic can augment the Warrior very well. With tanking and versatility (Earth), DPS (fire), snaring and debuffs (water), and damage and debuffs (air). I hope those descriptions were accurate.

My question is, if playing as a W/E, can't a Mesmer with Shatter Enchantment annihilate your damage dealing (like Conjure)? What's the solution to this?
well, shatter enchantment is a pretty damn powerful spell, but it has to be a skilled mesmer using it. but...think of it this way, a good mesmer can take out any other class, and a specialized mesmer can annihalate the class the specialize against. the solution....hm....well....um....kill the mesmer first??? lol
you can cast conjure early on, so that a mesmer might not notice that you have it on you. but really, enchantments arent everything, you can still deal damage without them, and if a mesmer hexes you, thats easy for a monk to get rid of. if anyone has a solution, plz post it, cause im not an expert