PDA

View Full Version : Elementalist PvP build

Xenotrance
10-05-2005, 00:50
I finally ascended today, and I'm looking for a good PvP build. Seeing as right now I'm an Elementalist/Mesmer, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on a pyromancer build.

Attributes, skills, secondary profession, etc.

Xircon
11-05-2005, 18:26
I finally ascended today, and I'm looking for a good PvP build. Seeing as right now I'm an Elementalist/Mesmer, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on a pyromancer build.

Attributes, skills, secondary profession, etc.

Really, I try to stay away from the whole fire sceen. Firestorm is your big Aoe skill but you can see it coming and most skilled people just move to avoid it.

DutchSmurf
11-05-2005, 20:12
I agree with Xircon here. FS is only nice when the enemy is waithing at their guildlord (or priest). But fire has some other nice skills. I was planning to try something like this myself:
Class: Elementalist / Ranger
Attributes: (cost)
Energy Storage: 12 (97)
Fire Magic: 12 (97)
Total attribute points used: 194/200
Skills:
1) Aura of Restoration - (10,1/4,20) For 60 seconds, you are healed for 350% of the energy cost each time you cast a spell.
2) Fire Attunement - (10,2,60) For 55 seconds, you are attuned to fire. You gain 30% of the energy cost of the spell each time you use Fire Magic.
3) Conjure Flame - (10,1,60) Lose all enchantments. For 60 seconds, if you're wielding a fire weapon, your attacks strike for an additional 13 fire damage.
4) Ether Renewal (elite) - (10,1,30) For 10 seconds, each time you cast a spell, you gain 4 energy and 17 health for each enchantment on you. This is an elite skill.
5) Flare - (5,1,0) Flare flies towards target foe, striking for 40 fire damage if it hits.
6) Fireball - (15,2,10) Fireball flies toward target foe and explodes on impact, striking for 91 fire damage in an area.
7) Immolate - (10,1,5) Target foe is struck for 41 fire damage and is set on fire for 3 seconds.
8) Mark of Rodgort - (25,2,20) For 18 seconds, whenever target foe is struck for fire damage, that foe is set on fire for 3 seconds.

This build is designed to keep your target on fire until he dies, combined with a lot of enchantments, which give you healing. Ranger, because then you are not a monk or a mesmer. Note that when you spam Flare during Ether Renewal, you will gain 9 energy every time. (4*4-5)

Xenotrance
27-05-2005, 05:58
Well, I can mold to most anything if I like the way it feels... Right now I'm set up like this..

E/Me

Fire magic, 12.

Energy Storage, 10.

Domination, 8.

Skills.

Fireball, Pheonix, Immolate, Meteor Shower (wonderful for taking priests and KotH.) Fire attunement, conjure flame, shatter enchantment, and rez signet.

Though I was going to replace rez signet with elemental attunement when I managed to get my hands on.

Though right now the entire setup revolves around immolate and a fire wand as my main damage for a single person... Immolate, get about 8 mana back when I cast it and can recast fairly fast.

Using a PvP character with a fire wand, 11-22 damage, chance to decrease recast times.. With a flame artifact with 20% chance to decrease cast time and recast time.