PDA

View Full Version : PvP and PvE

jordonwuff
10-05-2005, 02:25
Alright I'm going to sound retarded, I know it. Before I buy this game I just wanted to know what exactly the differences are between PvE and PvP in this game. In PvE can you still play with others online and do quests and such with your friends? Does PvE mean that you cannot kill other players? Does PvP simply just mean it's the same as PvE but you can kill others? I'm confused as you can see, but I'd very well enjoy some info on this. I've played cheap games such as Tibia and Runescape so I know a few basics.

-------A Confused Guy =(

DIEnamic
10-05-2005, 05:31
There are 2 servers, one for "Role Play" (no one really role plays though) and another that is strictly PvP (Player vs. Player). In the PvP server, the character you create is automatically level 20, but all you can do is PvP. Odds are you will spend 99% of your time in the "Role Play" server. In the RP server, you start a character from level 1 and work your way up to 20. You also have the option to quest with friends, join a guild, and a variety of PvP areas.

jordonwuff
10-05-2005, 23:07
So that answers a few questions.. But on PvE you can only get to level 20? Or is there really a limit? And on PvE can you play with online people the whole time? Thanks

--Jordon

The Fox
10-05-2005, 23:58
With PVP you basically team up with other people in order to fight other teams of real people. There are different scenarios and objectives for these team vs. team battles but mainly you just kill the other real people. PvE also allows you to team with real people only this time you are given quests to do and only fight monsters/AI controlled stuff. So there is no pvp killing when playing on in the pve part of the game. :happy34: This games extreamly fun!

Although level 20 is the cap for all character types, don't be fooled by it's seemingly low cap. The game is designed to mostly be played with max level characters, and there is still a lot of stuff for a max level character to do. So although you may hit max level comparitivly fast to some other game, you're no where near done with the game.

DutchSmurf
11-05-2005, 19:31
In PvP you play with and against real people, in PvE you play with real people (or with henchman), but then you play against computer controled monsters. With your RPG-character (originally for PvE) you can play in the PvP area's as soon as you have found them during your adventures.