PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Expertise

LeftAlone-
10-05-2005, 09:33
I know this is a kinda stupid question from a person who has been playing GW since WPE over half a year ago, but still... I need to know this..
Does expertise affect the cost of adrenaline skills? It does say it lowers the cost of attack skills... so yeh... anyone know?
Sounds pretty reasonable, and would give a sweet dmg boost if you could use adrenaline skills for cheaper.

Thanks guys-

coldfirene
10-05-2005, 20:12
It only applies to energy skills and not to the adrenaline skills. My R/W would love that! But that would just be sick.

Systemz Pillz
11-05-2005, 21:33
yes, only skills directly tied to the ranger class, just about any ranger "ability" is tied to expertise, and it dosnt extend into any other classes abilities. Expertise is sick when you have it at like 10. with marksmans wager im so surprised how often u can pump out shots

coldfirene
12-05-2005, 00:24
yes, only skills directly tied to the ranger class, just about any ranger "ability" is tied to expertise, and it dosnt extend into any other classes abilities. Expertise is sick when you have it at like 10. with marksmans wager im so surprised how often u can pump out shots

This is not true, at least as off the last beta it wasn't. Expertise effects Attack skills, Preperations, and Traps. This did, and I believe still, includes the energy attack skills of a warrior. Which is one reason why a Ra/Wa is popular buil with some. 10 ranks in Expertise gives a 40% reduction to cost so Hundred Blades would cost 5-2=3 energy.

5zigen
12-05-2005, 00:45
It also affects "stances" "nature rituals" and "skills"

Frugo
12-05-2005, 02:18
Expertise lowers the energy cost of ranger skills only (4% per point). It does not affect any other classes' skills.

R/W using melee weapons are popular due to

a.) increased energy and energy regen (3 vs. warrior's 2)
b.) best and long lasting stances (with 15 expertise, Escape lasts for almost 20 seconds; furthermore, Expertise reduces the energy cost of these stances)

5zigen
12-05-2005, 08:49
Expertise lowers the energy cost of ranger skills only (4% per point). It does not affect any other classes' skills.

R/W using melee weapons are popular due to

a.) increased energy and energy regen (3 vs. warrior's 2)
b.) best and long lasting stances (with 15 expertise, Escape lasts for almost 20 seconds; furthermore, Expertise reduces the energy cost of these stances)
I dont know where you are getting your information, but that simply isn't true.

Traylorre
12-05-2005, 13:25
The manual says that Expertise applies to all "your attacks skills, Preparations, and traps" so it is very vague.

http://www.gwonline.net/page.php?p=130

GWOnline website says:

Expertise reduces the energy cost of all of the Ranger's skills of types "skill", "attack skill", "glyph", "preparation", "nature ritual", "shout", "stance" and "trap" by 4%/rank.

I have asked numerous people online and anecdotal evidence is that expertise does not apply to non-Ranger attributes.

Ragnor of ascalon
12-05-2005, 18:54
I'm pretty sure expertise doesnt apply to seecondary just try it look at your energy bar when you use your secondary skills. Mine when I use my secondary skills still costs 15 energy for a 15 energy skill when i use that skill. Ranger skills however are reduced in cost.

Jorithel
12-05-2005, 19:06
I am an 18 ranger with 9 points in expertise...and it has no affect on my elementalist specials whatsoever.

coldfirene
12-05-2005, 20:26
Listen up people, ATTACK SKILLS does not include spells! The only classes that have ATTACK SKILSS are the Ranger, Warrior, and one smite skill for the Monk. The rest of these skills you are trying are SPELLS.

Use Hamstring with a R/W with points in Expertise to test this.

Traylorre
12-05-2005, 23:10
me again... I made a R/ele and ditto no doing for 2ndary Ele.

coldfirene
12-05-2005, 23:20
Listen up people, ATTACK SKILLS does not include spells! The only classes that have ATTACK SKILSS are the Ranger, Warrior, and one smite skill for the Monk. The rest of these skills you are trying are SPELLS.

Use Hamstring with a R/W with points in Expertise to test this.

How about quoting myself. I am resonably sure that what i posted is correct to test you need to use an attack skill not spell. Not fire ball, not a hex, an attack skill for a warrior. Hundred blades, Hamstring, Power Blow, ect.

Nairax
13-05-2005, 00:19
I can say from extensive experience that it affects any attack skill, not just ranger ones.

It also affects glyphs, if that matters.

Basically, here's how it boils down:
All ranger skills are affected by expertise
Any skill from another class that shares a keyword with an existing ranger skill is affected by expertise
Glyphs are affected by expertise (not too sure why)

What does this mean? Any stance, any attack, any preparation, any nature ritual... you get the picture. The class that it comes from doesn't matter.

Brynn Caddoc
13-05-2005, 04:15
I am fairly positive that Expertise lowers the cost of certain Warrior skills. I am a R/W, and I often get my Sprint skill to activate while my Energy is only at 3.