PDA

View Full Version : Target Call

Phalcon
10-05-2005, 20:32
Sorry, but I'm at work right now and I have no access to a manual. Anyway what I want to know is what is "target call", and how does it work? I would go to the official website, but most gaming sites are blocked at my job...thanks in advance

garzahd
10-05-2005, 21:25
You can hold down Ctrl to announce what you're doing to the team.

So Ctrl-space will generate a message "I'm attacking Charr Axe Fiend!" to the rest of your team. They can then press T to select the target that you just announced.

Corrodias
10-05-2005, 22:00
control + many things announces that action or stat. you can perform an action or click on something on the UI and it'll do stuff like this:

I'm following <name>!
I'm using <spell> on <name>!
I have <#> of <#> health!
I'm level <#> and have <#> xp to go! or something.
I have Ignite Arrows on me!
I'm attacking <name>!
I'm targetting <name>! Press 'T' to select my target! (this is control+shift+space. it does not ATTACK the target, just calls it, unlike control+space).

Phalcon
10-05-2005, 22:35
control + many things announces that action or stat. you can perform an action or click on something on the UI and it'll do stuff like this:

I'm following <name>!
I'm using <spell> on <name>!
I have <#> of <#> health!
I'm level <#> and have <#> xp to go! or something.
I have Ignite Arrows on me!
I'm attacking <name>!
I'm targetting <name>! Press 'T' to select my target! (this is control+shift+space. it does not ATTACK the target, just calls it, unlike control+space).

Wow thanks for all the great info.
*can't wait to get home and fire up GW*

Corrodias
11-05-2005, 02:31
all right, but here's a friendly warning: don't go spamming all your stats when you are in a group who's trying to get something done. only say what the others need to know, for example if they are running ahead and you are crippled or they are approaching enemies when you have low energy (in which case you COULD just say "wait"). or if you're just sharing info. but there's no need to go announcing how much XP you have every 5 minutes, just as an example. :)

the same goes for the compassmap. we shouldnt be drawing or pinging on it except when necessary to direct someone's attention, and then not more than you have to, once or twice. trying to spell out words just confuses everyone.

TBMarauder
11-05-2005, 03:19
Pressing 'C' on your keyboards will select your nearest enemy, then holding CTRL and double-clicking on that same enemy will also 'target' that enemy for all your party members. They would only have to press 'T' on their keyboards to have their character immediately start attacking the 'target' you 'called'.

Holding the SHIFT key while using the CTRL-click method 'targets' the enemy without your character actually attacking it.

N.B.: If you go to 'Options' via the in-game menu to get the main game 'Options' window up, you'll see under 'Game Options' at the bottom, that there is a 'Control Setup' button. Selecting this will give you a list of all the available keyboard comands/combinations. Hope that helps.