PDA

View Full Version : W/N Build, is mine good?

dagge
10-05-2005, 21:11
Hi! Im having a warrior/necromancer on level 12 and i have almost all my attribute points on Axe mastery and death magic

My build looks like this:

Power Attack
Cyclone Axe
Executioners Strike
Penetrating Blow

Deathly Swarm
Vile Touch
Soul Feast
Putrid Explosion

I havnt come so far in the game, my latest city were Piken Square..

What do u think about this buils? do u think i should change it? and in that case how?

dagge
11-05-2005, 22:45
Can somebody reply? ? :(

Kaziurra
12-05-2005, 04:05
I think blood magic like..

Life transfer
life siphon
vamperic gaze

are alot better than the death magic.

Forbiddian
12-05-2005, 07:41
Yeah, I just use Death Magic to grind.

The Cause Disease skill (forget the name, as usual) hits for a ton (8 dps DoT, and it spreads to all creatures of the same species).

Also Necrotic Traversal (I THINK that's the name... the one that teleports you and poisons) only costs 5 energy and adds an 8 dps DoT for 10-15 seconds.

The grinding is actually pretty quick. I run up to a mob, start hitting it with my sword. All the nearby pulls will pack in around me, I give them all disease.

I get off bleeding, Deep Wounds, and Bonetti's Stance to fill my energy back up (and stop some damage). Then I corpse-teleport to add another big DoT to finish the pack. I have Healing Signet just in case.

Yes, Death is worse than Blood because it doesn't heal you, but purely damage-wise, Death is much more effective for taking on groups. We don't really have many options for taking on groups. With 100 Blades, I could just spam that to solve my problems, but this is working fine.

So PvE, Death Magic is pretty good.

Anyway, wait like 3 levels to really worry about your build. At level 12, you can do whatever you want and it doesn't matter. By level 14 or 15, you're kinda expected to do some things better.

Power Attack, for instance, is a waste of Energy. Life Siphon (which does 4 damage per second and heals you for 4 a second) even at its lowest levels is much more cost-effective.

It swings 8 damage per second. Even against a high level power attack (24 damage) it does the same effect in 3 seconds (+2 seconds casting, so 5 seconds). And it costs twice as much, so 8 seconds. But Life Siphon will last 16 or 18 seconds easily. It's swinging almost 160 life with one pretty easy-to-cast spell.

When you go PvP or start doing competative missions in groups, you HAVE to be a Blood Necro. As an occasional Monk, I get really mad when someone lower level takes all my healing abilities. If you can even heal yourself a little bit, you'll be a much more effective team player.

TheNug
12-05-2005, 08:26
for pve all the attributes are great. against larger groups death magic and curses are better. for pvp you got to love curses, w/mo's bane :)

dagge
12-05-2005, 18:31
Thanks for the help everyone :D , but if think i should change to blood magic wich magics do you recommand?

And if i take away the power attack i only have one axe attack left( i have done some changings) and that attack is an andranaline attack so i would need somne other good axe attack in that case.. Do you know any good? :D

Neandro Thal
12-05-2005, 20:30
Thanks for the help everyone :D , but if think i should change to blood magic wich magics do you recommand?

And if i take away the power attack i only have one axe attack left( i have done some changings) and that attack is an andranaline attack so i would need somne other good axe attack in that case.. Do you know any good? :D

Standard blood is Life siphon and vampiric gaze which you should have already. Life transfer is an ellite skill, which Im actually looking for btw....

Guil
24-08-2005, 20:32
im lvl20 w/n lookin for gd farmin set up...can anyone help me????????? :confused:

sophistry
24-08-2005, 22:20
well with all w farm builds bonneties is a most and it depends what your farming if your after stuff like griffons try

cyclone axe boneties parasitic bond shadow of fear mark of pain feast of curroption the last 2 skills are up to you but unholy feast is pretty good even at low levels if your using it on huge numbers of enemys

showme
24-08-2005, 22:27
How do you have energy to use all those spells? It seems like you would always be out of energy /shrug On my W/N the only necro spell I use is plague touch .. but that is a PvP guy. Plague touch owns for W/N transfer any condition to your enemy for 5 energy!

Guil
24-08-2005, 23:33
thats the beauty of bonettis defence...you get ur energy right up

Aramis
02-09-2005, 05:04
By the time you get to Piken Square you only have a few useful necro spells. Life Syphon does twice the damage of Vampiric Gaze for the same mana, but VG is spike damage/heal, so they both have their uses. If they're dying fast then use VG, otherwise use LS.

Shadow Strike is tempting, which does twice the damage and the same heal as VG, but only when the target is above 50% health - or no drain! Ouch! It also takes twice as long to cast. If you managed to get the good Ascalon armour then healing isn't such an issue (just use your signet) and you can probably use SS instead of VG.

My setup at Piken was two weapon attacks (Cyclone Axe and Penetrating Blow for axe or Savage Slash and Gash for sword), Wild Blow for a stance breaker, Sprint for escape or closing (helps keep them off your monk if you beat them to the target), two necro spells (as above), Healing Sygnet and Res Sygnet.

Sword kind of sucks early game since you don't have much to deal with elementals or undead (they don't bleed so both your sword skills are useless), but if you must use a sword (and judging by the prices of sword runes vs axe and hammer most people use sword) then you might want to work in Power Attack or just spam Wild Blow against the earth elementals in the area.