PDA

View Full Version : What do the colors mean?

Chronus24
10-05-2005, 23:00
I've found a few items with thier text in different colors, and while I realize that they are somewhat better then normal items, I sitll don't get what each color actually means. I've played D2 so I know all about the colors there (yellow=rare, gold=unique, green=set, ect.), but I haven't found an explination of them here.

Corrodias
11-05-2005, 02:35
blue is magical (it has some property, if only increased value)
purple is more magical (better chance of having more properties)
gold is rare (good chance of having cool properties)

when people advertise that they are selling a "purple hammer", it's really pointless. the stats are what matter, not the text color.

RotJ
14-05-2005, 04:16
I found a gold Salvage item. Id kit said it was wort 140g. When I used the expert salvage kit on it, it gave me 5 wood :confused:. How do gold salvage items work? Is the payout random?

Canshero
14-05-2005, 07:55
It depends on what the salvage item is when you identified it. In your case, it was a rare salvage item, and by using an Expert Salvage Kit you may have had a chance to salvage a good rune from it.

Unfortunately, you didn't get lucky and you only got wood. :(

firstwave
30-05-2005, 07:43
hmmmmm I dont get it

Ok I found a bunch of blue enemy armor etc. When I identify them, it said XXX rune unlocked. So basically if its gold and when u identify it, it doesnt say something i is unlocked, then it wouldnt be a rune rite?

Also does color matter for the stats of hilts/pommel etc??

For example, since Zealous and Fortitude are some of the best weapon parts. What color do they come in?? Gold or blue or purple??

Thx for answering

Necro Idol
30-05-2005, 15:35
It depends on what the salvage item is when you identified it. In your case, it was a rare salvage item, and by using an Expert Salvage Kit you may have had a chance to salvage a good rune from it.

Unfortunately, you didn't get lucky and you only got wood. :(
Often... when I salvage a good rune... I subsequently also "get wood". :happy14:

Gwyndion
30-05-2005, 17:31
Zealous and fortitude are always purple (I haven't found many of em yet, but they all have been purple) And it also only says rune unlocked if you hadn't unlocked it before, if you unlock runes, you can use them in pvp I think. I also heard that you have a better chance of getting runes if you try to salvage them in towns...

firstwave
31-05-2005, 02:50
ok thx. And 1 more thing. Just cuz an salvagible item is gold, it doesnt mean you always get something good correct? I got 12 wood from a gold Dwarf armor :( I was excited too :( I hate false hope

Omega Kamidake
31-05-2005, 04:05
I'm not an expert at this game(didn't play the betas or anything), just gonna speak from my experience. If there's a salvage item thats blue/purple/gold and it's unidentified, it usually unlocks a rune and you can use an expert salvage kit to get it out, but it doesn't always work. I've had a lot of them only give me wood planks or iron ingots or whatever x.X lol. But there's also ones that aren't unidentified, and just a color. Those I still expert salvage, the gold and purple ones I've found usually give me a rare crafting material, like leather squares or steel ingots. So yeah o.O I guess that's all.

Makaii
31-05-2005, 08:12
So glad to have found this post. I'm new to GW and was getting confused about all these colours and what not. I've found that even when I identify and unlock a rune, using an expert salvage kit doesn't always give out the rune.

I also don't understand what runes actually do but I guess that's another question.

odinravenblood
31-05-2005, 08:22
I also don't understand what runes actually do but I guess that's another question.
When you put a rune on your armor it improves the armor, depending if it is a minor, major or superior rune the bonusses get bigger :D e.g minor rune of absorbtion- when placed on armor damage taken from physical attacs is reduced

calderstrake
31-05-2005, 08:26
Just want to add my own findings...

Purple - max of 3 mods: 1 innate mod, 1 prefix and 1 suffix

Gold - max of 4 mods: 2 innate mods, 1 prefix and 1 suffix

Reference: Item Modifiers Database (http://www.gwonline.net/page.php?p=125)

In otherwords, if you find a gold weapon with +20% Dmg and +20% Dmg (while Health <50%), you have a truly UBER GODLY weapon. You can always change the prefix and suffix.