PDA

View Full Version : what are healing ankhs, grim cestas etc for?

carnix
11-05-2005, 00:51
i notice that i have these "things" like grim cestas and healing ankhs and various other wierd things that i generally get from collectors i think. They are equippable however when equiped i get a red circle with a cross that i guess means its equipped but not working. All say Energy +3 so i imagined they were some wierd thing u cud equip to boost stats however afaik there is no difference when using them. I notice that they are also listed as crafting items which is another aspect i dont entirely understand in GW yet!

What are these wierd equippable items? Also is there a more uptodate version of the crafting guide as the one on GWO says its very early or is it infact uptodate? lastly, what are salvage kits for such as the ones Grawl regularly drop? Im sorry if my questions are answered only round the corner but im still on my first character at about level 6, its the last month of my Uni course for this year and im kinda playing 10mins of GW in between assignments and revision! In a months time im gonna lock my doors and shut my curtains for about a month but until then i still feel a little in the dark about many aspects!

Thanks!

Ralsar
11-05-2005, 01:47
It is because you are using a two-handed weapon. If you were using a wand or sword or another one handed weapon you'd be able to use those items.

TBMarauder
11-05-2005, 03:58
i notice that i have these "things" like grim cestas and healing ankhs and various other wierd things that i generally get from collectors i think. They are equippable however when equiped i get a red circle with a cross that i guess means its equipped but not working. All say Energy +3 so i imagined they were some wierd thing u cud equip to boost stats however afaik there is no difference when using them. I notice that they are also listed as crafting items which is another aspect i dont entirely understand in GW yet!

What are these wierd equippable items? Also is there a more uptodate version of the crafting guide as the one on GWO says its very early or is it infact uptodate? lastly, what are salvage kits for such as the ones Grawl regularly drop? Im sorry if my questions are answered only round the corner but im still on my first character at about level 6, its the last month of my Uni course for this year and im kinda playing 10mins of GW in between assignments and revision! In a months time im gonna lock my doors and shut my curtains for about a month but until then i still feel a little in the dark about many aspects!

Thanks!As Ralsar pointed-out, they are equippable items that usually give bonuses to Health, Energy or to certain attributes particular to your character.

A 'Healing Ankh' Energy+5 for instance, would be most beneficial to a Monk, held in the left, off-hand of the character, while a rod/sword/axe etc would be held in the right hand. The Ankh would add an extra 5 points to the total of the blue-coloured Energy Bar.

If the character was already holding a two-handed weapon, such as a Staff, Bow, etc you would see a red 'no entry' sign over the item you had attempted to equip. This would tell you that the newly-equipped item is having no effect or benefit in being equipped (it can add an additional Inventory space at times though ;)).

As for 'Salvage Kits', they are used to 'extract' the 'raw materials' from most of the items, weapons and other 'drops' from monsters throughout the game. These raw materials (Planks, Granite Slabs, Iron Ingots, etc) can be given to NPC Crafters, who will, for a charge, 'craft' you an item, be it a new sword, rod, or piece of armour.

To use a 'Salvage Kit', double-click the icon of the 'Salvage Kit' in your Inventory, and then click on the item you want salvaged (Sword, Charr Hide, Grim Cesta). If the item has a coloured text to it, you will need to apply one use of the 'Indentification Kit' to it, to discover its full 'value' or any possible enhancement or attribute. Hope that helps ya. :)