PDA

View Full Version : Word of Healing vs. Healing Hands

Vice Versa
11-05-2005, 04:36
Oh, the age old dispute. Which is better? Why?

I'm personally juicing out more healing with Word, but the Hands keeps the party higher longer, I don't know, what are your opinions? (And don't say something like "they're both equally as good equally to me, so I use them both equally... ", cuz that's lame.

And WTF is up with Peace and Harmony? That spell would be pretty cool if it wasn't elite.

aerasal
11-05-2005, 04:41
i use word. healing hands is ofcourse awesome but with the lower recast time on word i can spam it with orison and the healing output is way too high to give it up

Vice Versa
11-05-2005, 04:53
i use word. healing hands is ofcourse awesome but with the lower recast time on word i can spam it with orison and the healing output is way too high to give it up

screw spamming with orison. That's jank. Spam it with Arcane Echo. That's what I do to pull off huge amounts of the Word. I can usually pull 3-4 extra WoH's that way.
BAM! :idea:

Darc.Syde
11-05-2005, 05:22
why would you want to spam word of healing? it only spike heals if yorur target is at 1/3. spam orison, use word when someones bout to die.

word is better than hands, atleast in my opinion.

aerasal
11-05-2005, 05:33
why would you want to spam word of healing? it only spike heals if yorur target is at 1/3. spam orison, use word when someones bout to die.

maybe because word is a lot more mana efficient even when a target is above half health than heal other and casting orison alone isn't enough healing when an entire group is dying? obviously if im about to heal someone under half health, i will use word of healing before orison if both are up.

Vice Versa
11-05-2005, 06:24

Yeah, what's the point? They both cost 5 mana. If I seriously DO have to heal someone in the span of 2 seconds between cool, then I won't hesitate to Orison.

I do alternate Orison/Word when I am Echoing Divine Spirit though. But that method is just for fun ;) .

Darc.Syde
11-05-2005, 08:26
word does nothing except act as an orison if your target isnt under 1/3 life. if you ever find yourself spamming word you'll understand later when you could have used that word on that dead ally just a few seconds ago. word HAS a cast time and a recharge. spamming it isnt too smart.

itykii
11-05-2005, 21:23
word does nothing except act as an orison if your target isnt under 1/3 life. if you ever find yourself spamming word you'll understand later when you could have used that word on that dead ally just a few seconds ago. word HAS a cast time and a recharge. spamming it isnt too smart.

Word of Healing
Description: Heal target other ally for 16-67 points. Heal for an additional 15-83 points if that ally is below 50% health. This is an elite skill.
Energy Cost: 5
Activation Time: 3/4ths of a Second.
Recharge Time: 4 Seconds.
Linked Attribute Healing Prayers. Increases health recovered.
Skill Type: Spell.

Orison of Healing
Description: Heal target ally for 20-60 health.
Energy Cost: 5
Activation Time: 1 Second.
Recharge Time: 2 Seconds.
Linked Attribute Healing Prayers. Increases health recovered.
Skill Type: Spell.

The only downsides to Word of Healing is the 4 second recast time, and the fact that you can't cast it on yourself. Both take 5 energy. Personally, I use both Orision and Word, as I can alternate spamming them. (sometimes even a 2 second delay is too much, especially end game) If you don't need to spam, and don't absolutely mind the extra 2 seconds of recast time, Word is a far better healing spell than Orision, considering you heal not only more when they are above half but heals for over double when they are below half health. (not 1/3)

And on the topic, Word > Healing Hands.

Vice Versa
11-05-2005, 22:33

Did you not understand my previous replies? It seems you haven't. I don't spam word unless it is echoed. Don't make me have to write that again.

SojakFA
12-05-2005, 03:22
Just depends on the situation. PvP or situations where I know I'll be tanking I take Healing Hands, any other situation I take Word of Healing.

AerikPSU
13-05-2005, 07:40
I acually spam word/orison/dwaynas kiss. I never dont have a 5 energy healing spell ready to go. Healing seed + glyph of lesser takes teh place of healing hands.

Healing hands is a party of my soloing build, as you cant cast word or healing seed on yourself.

Excel
13-05-2005, 14:51
Use word of healing and healing seed instead and have 2 monks in your party and it's an awesome combination :)

For a runner are healing hands, watchful spirit, mending great spells

hireath
15-05-2005, 17:24
if you are a healer, you cant count on another healer keeping you healed. if you are being focus fired in pvp or pve the same, it gives the other monk time to top-up the rest of the party. you really need to be self sufficient, or you are a drain on your party.

due to this, i believe all spells which cost greater than 5 energy have better alternatives, and spells that you cant cast on yourself do not help your attempt to keep yourself alive.

Feynt
17-05-2005, 07:26
It's hard to compare Healing Hands and Word of Healing, it's like comparing oranges to apples. They're both fruit, but otherwise they're totally different. Healing Hands heals when someone takes damage, that's useless for anyone but a warrior primary later on (or elementalist mixes with spell armour, or protection monks but that takes a combo of spells to perform and you're wasting time and energy). Word of Healing is useful for everyone, and can replace Heal Other as a heal spell (not that I WOULD replace it. The Orison goes, replaced by WoH).

However in the cases where an ally takes under the healing threshold of Healing Hands in damage per hit (like warriors. It's the Kryta region and the armour I made in Ascalon is STILL letting me take single digit damage) it's godly. Word of Healing pales in comparison because with Healing Hands you can cast once and ignore the target for 10 seconds.

Different senarios, different results. Both are good in the right situation. You just have to decide which situation you encounter more.

Glenn Guapo
17-05-2005, 08:38
For me the choice came down to using word of healing and healing seed or healing hands and heal other. The big problem i found with the first combo is that in PVP i have a hard time getting a person to full life with word of healing and healing seed against good groups sometimes takes to long to get off. Heal other on the other hand is quick and can take a person from 60% to full health almost instantly and healing hands is super cheap (5 power), very quick to cast, and will save a persons life when the assist train runs into someone and your almost out of power.
Remember that healing seed and healing hands can only be cast once on a target so having your monks running different buffs has advantages to. If one monk is running healing hands the other might want to run seed. Stack the 2 together and a person is almost invincable for 10 seconds.

hakkafusion
18-05-2005, 09:59
if anyone was wondering.. orison of healing can be gotten by a boss from ice caves of sorrow.. lol just so everyone knows, since i've search this whole site with no result.. =P