PDA

View Full Version : Complete Ascension Guide

GADefence
11-05-2005, 06:40
This guide will include images for where to go to get to every town, and a general review of all the missions. I did this because too many people A) Can't find their way around for 4-5 days and B) Can't pass elona. Hopefully people will find this helpful.

http://img151.echo.cx/my.php?image=ascensionmarked16zo.jpg

This is a guide from Amnoon Oasis to Augury Rock.
1) The entire red line from the oasis to the teleporter is swarming with Scarabs. Scarabs can easily bypass your armor, they count as necros and get shadow something to do it. Don't try to run past them, there will be too many at the end and you won't be able to attune the portal in time. Fight your way there slowly, and you'll make it with minimal death. Make sure the whole line is clear. That way, should you die later on and get ressurected at the strating res spot, you won't have to re-kill some scarabs.

2) This is a fairly easy section. The line covers from the portal's end to the about the end of the 2's tail. You will face hydras and minitaurs, not too much of a problem. Hydras only have a one time damage potentail, so tank them once and your free. Both hydras and minitaurs will patrols the dunes, so watch your back for reinforcments. Slow and easy and you win.

3) Home free! Just run it, there's only a few devourers along the way. You can fight or run with no big problem.

http://img151.echo.cx/my.php?image=ascensionmarked21wj.jpg

1) There are a LOT of hydras here. The best way to kill them is to have an enchanted (protection/armor upgrade) warrior out tank their first attack, and then kill them. Hydras are high damage, but low health and low recharge rate. Follow the map exactly and you should avoid 3 full hydra teams. Use the portal to cross, and then go to the new area.

2) This area has a lot of sand drakes. After the hydras, trust me, they will seem easy. It's not too hard of an area. Do not try to run it, the sand drakes have sprint, and a lot of them will be chasing you. There's a small chance a sand worm will be present near the 2.

3) Run it, fight it, you're close enough to not care.

http://img151.echo.cx/my.php?image=ascensionelona6vb.jpg

Elona : Probably the hardest mission of them all. I suggest you head back out and get the Thirsty River and Dunes of Despair before you attempts this beast.

1) The first line you follow is the red one.
The way to do it is fairly simple though. At the start, make your way to the hero with the item. After he releases the gate, kill the group on the South gate. Keep going south, up the mountain, slowly killing the groups you find.
2) Now you're on the blue line.
Head back the way you came, a few new groups poped in your way. Kill them and head to the next one, it shouldn't be too hard if you take it slow. You'll reach the third item if you don't go to quickly, and if no one agroos a bunch of the big mobs.
3) Now start heading back, follow the black line. You'll find one group that formed around the gate you exited. Do NOT try running this part, one of the two item carriers will die, and you'll fail. Fight your way up, run if both carriers can make it and you're near the ghostly hero. Congradulations, you're done with elona.

http://img151.echo.cx/my.php?image=ascensionmarked35oo.jpg

This road takes you from Elona to the Thirsty River.

1) You've done this before, just do it in reverse order now = )

2) Take the low and green valley. You'll meet a lot of Lasandru (or whatever their names are). Lasandrus are, well, think of really pissed off centaurs. They're not too hard if you take them slowly, and only fight 1-2 mobs at a time. Avoid the hydras at all cost, they are so densely grouped you will die. You could try running the Lasandru when you're half way through the valley, but it's safer to fight them.

http://img151.echo.cx/my.php?image=ascensionmarked46fw.jpg

1) You'll be facing a few lasandru and griffons, nothing to worry about. Atune the portal and step through.
2) There's a few lasandru right at the opening of the portal, they might pose a challenge, but not a very big one. Take the black line if you want a little experience, and a great view of the area. If not, follow the red line. The lower valley has a lot of dispered groups of Lasandru, and the burrowers up high can't hit you. The area is easy.
3) While you are very, very close to the new area now. Do NOT run it. There are a hell of a lot of monsters packed tightly together, they will get you if you try running.

Congrats, you're at the Thirsty River.

No picture.

The Thirsty River is quite easy. When you start the stage, you'll have to kill a few sand giant for moral bonuses (don't talk to the ghostly hero until you have explored the entire area for sand giants). After that, you get to fight in a PvP style PvE arena.
The first one is easy. Kill the first patroling group, then the second, and kill the priest and guarding group, which including a lizard version of the ghostly hero.
The second one is a little harder. Wait until both teams start fighting, and kill the four lizards/armor fighting near you. Run up the hill, and kill the other 4 lizards fighting, and then proceed to kill the priest + guards. Wait until the group revives, kill the 2 lizards that come up to you, run and kill the two at the bottom of the hill, and then kill the priest + guards.
The third one is a bit of a challenge. Go right and kill the priest + guards. Wait until the two minute mark, and then go across and kill the priest + guards. The only way left now is to the top of the hill, the central priest. He's guarded more then every other priest was before. Kill the guards, then the priest, then the hero.
You're done with the thirsty river now. Return to Augury Rock.

http://img151.echo.cx/my.php?image=ascensionmarked55ya.jpg

1) Reform your group, and leave the rock. Head down to the new area, tanking hydras for their first hit damage. Either follow the lower basin, or use the teleporter, they both have about the same groups guarding them.

2) They'll be some desser griffons here, and potentially a worm near the raised part next to the ressurection shrine. It's alone, tank it and kill it. Kill the griffons at the bottom of the hill, and then use the teleporter. You'll appear near some Sand Elementals, they're not too bad to kill (don't get swarmed).

3) Follow the road down, and take the teleporter! Avoiding the teleporter means death, as their are two sand worms on the 3, and it's a massive detour to get to the dunes the other way. You might face some sand giants near the teleporter. Get a warrior to rush in and absorb all the giant stomps while you heal him, and cross the teleporter after.

Dunes of Despair.

No Picture.

The Dunes of Despair is probably the easiest of them all. Simply kill everything you find in your path. After you start finding more enchanted armor and less centaur, you'll find some armor guarding something that looks like a city on top of a hill. Go there, clear the entrance (3-4 armor) and then your ghostly hero will beging a 10 odd minutes ritual. Kill the armor groups as they spawn, and then get the Siege Worms as they spawn. The area can easily be done by two players and four henchmen.

Ascention.

Head back to Augury Rock, and talk to the priest. Now he's taken you down to the oasis in front of Augury rock, where three ghosts will tell you some things about their lives. The circle ahead will be glowing, step into it, and then step on all the buttons on the ground.

The cliff will open, and you will be facing a mirror image of yourself. I don't have many tactics for you, but here's one for the ranger (he's apparently the hardest to beat it with).

1) The mirror is very stupid. Get your pet for this, and go in close. Your mirror will use a sword instead of his bow, and you don't have a sword skill, which will make him incapable of using skills. Simply do this and poison the guy until he dies. Heal with whatever you have at hand if your health goes too low, but do realise he will use heal too.

EDIT: The ranger tactic can be used for everyone. The sword seems to do the least damage (my warrior was brought down to 1/4 health and then he switchs to a sword and didn't do as much damage). You can outtank him at close range with anyone, I believe.

Hope this helps all of you. :happy34:

salaboB
11-05-2005, 09:15
Semi-spoilers (I don't give any details about the story, but if you wanted to figure out how to fight your mirror on your own you don't want to read this)

Dodging arrows: Sit as far away from your mirror as you can be and still cast spells on it, and tap Q and E (Or strafe left and right, if you have them rebound) as fast as you can. Tap them both, many people hear that and try to only tap one. This twitchy movement will cause your mirror to shoot wide and miss most of his shots (You can do it slower, but doing it really fast takes less practice)

Here's how each of the six classes can beat their mirror:

Monk: I'm sorry, use your secondary. There may be a way involving scourge healing, but I haven't been able to test that not having a high level monk, and am not sure you have scourge healing against him anyway.

Warrior: Bring frenzy, for great justice, and a couple decent attack skills. He WILL use frenzy, as soon as he does tear into him with your hardest hitting attacks, and you should finish him off rapidly. I've heard he sometimes doesn't use frenzy, but he used it against me.

Mesmer: Bring backfire, empathy, and a bunch of useless enchants. As soon as you load, select nearest enemy and backfire him. Then retreat, cast empathy on him, and dodge his arrows as described above. He'll take himself out very rapidly. If you're having troubles with backfire on yourself, just bring empathy and dodge him to death.

Necromancer: All kinds of ways. Dark fury and Order spells supposedly work great (I've never tried them), because he'll cast them rapidly and absolutely decimate himself. As well, you can just use price of failure then dodge his arrows to death. Defile flesh, dark pact, and malaise are also good ones to throw into the list to get him to kill himself for you.

Ranger: Load up on 5-6 nature rituals, and a couple damage skills or spells. Your mirror will start the fight off by casting every single ritual, giving you a great head start to demolish him.

Elementalist: Firestorm, meteor shower, and anything else that you can cast at range and run out from under. He won't get out from under it, but you will, so he'll take massively more damage than you. Dodge the arrows in between your skills recharging. If desired, bring junk enchantments for him to spend his time casting while you let your skills recharge.

So, that's the best I've got, I believe each tactic should work, it may not be the best but it should get you through the guy. Just remember: Empty the extra skill slots, bringing extra stuff just helps him, and never bring a heal.

Caden
11-05-2005, 20:56
This is probably a stupid question, but nobody ever accused me of being the sharpest knife in the drawer...

How do ya work the teleporters?

I just hit Amnoon last night and went out exploring with a band of henchies...made it to the teleporter and fiddled with each of the four pedestals but couldn't make it work. What gives?

GADefence
11-05-2005, 22:41
This is probably a stupid question, but nobody ever accused me of being the sharpest knife in the drawer...

How do ya work the teleporters?

I just hit Amnoon last night and went out exploring with a band of henchies...made it to the teleporter and fiddled with each of the four pedestals but couldn't make it work. What gives?

Step on the transporter, wait for the pedestals to light up in the order is says, and then replicate that pattern.

GW simmon says.

Lord Humungus
11-05-2005, 23:10
Nice thread, should be very helpfull for many, everytime i show up at the rock or one of the 3 missions with a level 20 i get a ton of whispers with questions lol.

salaboB
12-05-2005, 05:43
Why do monks always get screwed?

"I'm sorry, use your secondary."

:(
In this case, because you don't have any nice self-destructive skills, or any good ranged AoE DoT spells.

Slip
12-05-2005, 06:19
very great job...you put alot of work into this...2 bad i was done with acension b4 it could have used the help...but im glad you did this its a great help to the GW community

JamesJB
30-05-2005, 07:35
hi im lvl 18 E/N i was wondering if this could work with Henchman?

JamesJB
30-05-2005, 13:34
hi im lvl 18 E/N i was wondering if this could work with Henchman?

Nevermind i just ascended...woot!! :)

Loquetus
31-05-2005, 17:46
doing the desert missions again with my elementalist
and elona is still one of the most annoying missions ever saw people trying over 17 times

thirsty river is a walk in the parc now cause of necro skill exploits
we killed the last 3 priests in under 2 minutes total and finished killed the hero's (only things left a bit later)

same with the ones before that they got sweeped and killed in matter of seconds cause the necro's nicely teleported to the other side of the door not starting the timer and they just lured everything to the gate a few enemies at a time
the monk only had to heal the necro, wasn't hard cause necro's pawn at self healing and the rest of the party massacred the foes with aoe spells

so if you want an easy thirsty river mission just take along 1 or 2 (best = 2) necro's
it might take a bit longer but it's so easy after that

just a note:
even with all the oposition gone we still didn't finish the mission in time to get the bonus :rolleyes:
just like to ask Anet why on earth do you make that bonus mission impossible cause without the necro bug it's completely impossible
a full party with 5 necro's and one person to stand outside might be able to get the bonus, cause they can kill everything off and then let the ghost open the gate, rushing to kill the last hero

Odai
31-05-2005, 22:27
Just exactly what bug are you talking about?
Maybe it was just good use of skills

I was with a good group last night and I use me skill to jump to the nearest corpse.
(killed by myself and a Ranger)
It just happens that the corpse wwea son the other side of the gate.
If the ranger would have been killed I would have ended up on the outside.

After that it was my poor little defenseless self against all those big bad nasty NPCs using my skills to suck the life out of them. Now that was fun.

If any of the group sees this.
As I got to the last gate my ISP decided to go out to lunch. I lost my connection.
Believe me I had a few choice words for them.
Even if I could have logged back in I'd have been out of the group.

That was the 15th time I've run that mission and I know we had it beat that time. I certainly hope you made it - especially after we had so many people bail on us in previous attempts.

Loquetus
01-06-2005, 11:34
i call fooling the timer for the monsters to get rezzed cheating
or atleast exploiting a bug
imho the timer should start running from the second someone is past the gate

lol @ a necro being defenseless as this is one of the best solo classes
just use lots of life syphon and drag them back to the gate where the rest of the party kills them fast

if you get killed at the gate one person on other side can either rebirth you or just rez you were you are after the fight

so far the only true hard mission in desert = elona
dunes of despair is only hard the first 3-4 minutes after that it's waiting/ nearly falling asleep due to lack of monsters
which i can understand cause they want to give people the oportunity to actually finish the bonus

Orfeo
01-06-2005, 23:40
VERY HELPFUL THREAD! Thanx a lot GADefence ! :happy34:

kasandaro
04-06-2005, 03:22
Here's how each of the six classes can beat their mirror:

Monk: I'm sorry, use your secondary. There may be a way involving scourge healing, but I haven't been able to test that not having a high level monk, and am not sure you have scourge healing against him anyway.

I just Ascended as Monk, so here's what I did, with Healing 12+2, DF 11+1, Smiting 6ish.

Skillbar:
Healing Breeze (mine's at 9 tics, dunno how effective it is lower)
Retribution
Balthazar's Spirit
5 empty slots

Throw up Retribution (to do damage)
Throw up Balt's (not that you'll necessarily need it, but...)
Hit auto-attack (my staff does 11-20)
Stayed back in his bow area
Kept Healing Breeze up
Let him kill himself while you sit there regen'ing.

I've noticed that the mirror doesn't necessarily have the exact same attribute distribution you do...

David Holtzman
07-06-2005, 11:12

I nuked my Monk mirror in 38 seconds using the following pure monk build:

Retribution and healing breeze cast immediately BEFORE stepping on the last rune.

When entering (and skipping the cinematic) I ran next to him and cast Balthazar's Aura and Symbol of Wrath. A few hits from my wand and he was toast.

partyboymulvey
12-06-2005, 19:04
I tried the strategy you posted many times and I cannot beat him. I'm using an elementalist and right when I start he uses searing heat on me which takes out 1/2 of my life. I tried to take out Searing Heat from my skill list but i need it or else i don't get enough damage on him to almost beat him...please help :confused:

partyboymulvey
14-06-2005, 07:22
nvm i beat it

gwjag
16-06-2005, 19:18
Semi-spoilers (I don't give any details about the story, but if you wanted to figure out how to fight your mirror on your own you don't want to read this)

Elementalist: Firestorm, meteor shower, and anything else that you can cast at range and run out from under. He won't get out from under it, but you will, so he'll take massively more damage than you. Dodge the arrows in between your skills recharging. If desired, bring junk enchantments for him to spend his time casting while you let your skills recharge.

I havent done this quest yet, but - Elementalist should be the easiest of all classes, shouldnt it? Just bring in "Iron Mist". When he casts that on u, u will be immune to everything except Lightning. Just dont use any Lightning Skills and it shouldnt be too hard I guess.

lyoungblood
27-06-2005, 16:08
I just ascended my first try with my Monk. Here's how:

Just equip two skills:

Zealot's Fire
Divine Boon

Put Zealot's fire on yourself, then get in close and start spamming Divine Boon. Divine Boon only takes 1/4 a second to cast, and with Zealot's fire and maxed out Smiting damage you should finish him off really quickly.

Reverie Albion
29-06-2005, 00:50
Just ascended with my mesmer/warrior.
Great guide ... great help .. Thanks :happy34:

Im Bogus
29-06-2005, 23:33
ok...just for help... i acended my w/mo VERY easy... i killed my mirror in 10 secs aprox in the first try

i use axe... so i used this list:

dismember, execute strike, penetrating, power attack, frenzy, sprint, shields up and res signet....

those last 3 are crappy spells just to make him loose energy. but frenzy was the best.. he casted shields and then frenzy ... by then i had sprinted and i was in his face... i used power attack and made 100 dmg (frenzy dobles it) then 2 hits more (1 lucky critical) then dismemberd, executed and power attacked him again and he was dead !!!he just got OUCHED...

use those "bad for u spells": sacrifice life for necros, frenzy for warriors, nature rituals in rangers, -1 peep enchs for monks, area/time dmg in eles and mesmers are TOO easy anyways...

MonkE
16-07-2005, 02:57

Hehe, monks are incredibly easy.

1) The lazy and long way. One skill, divine boon. spam it on youself and use your wand. If you have a good wand, this will take about 40 sec.

2) The faster way. follow 1) but also bring symbol of wrath, bal aura and zealot's fire also. This'll take about 10 sec.

Midget Tosser
17-07-2005, 01:39
Just a note about Thirsty River, when you win the first arena you recieve an automatic 10% morale boost which makes killing the sand giants useless and a waste of time. I can't tell you how many groups I have been in didn't believe me and ended up with some DP trying to kill all the giants and surrounding mobs and of course once someone gets DP it's only a matter of time before someone bails on the group.

maachu
20-07-2005, 21:26
i ascended 2day with me/e.

i used only one skill, while fighting my shadow and that was: flare.

we just both spammed it at each other and his health bar just went down faster.

plain & simple

:cool:

Excrono
23-07-2005, 09:31
Just a note about Thirsty River, when you win the first arena you recieve an automatic 10% morale boost which makes killing the sand giants useless and a waste of time. I can't tell you how many groups I have been in didn't believe me and ended up with some DP trying to kill all the giants and surrounding mobs and of course once someone gets DP it's only a matter of time before someone bails on the group.

This wasn't the case when I went though today. I got the usual 2% Morale Boost from beating the first boss, and was up to 10% by the time I was to the last three groups.

I also finish ascending my R/E, which was very, very easy. I just filled my bar with useless Rituals, Rez Signet, and Glyph of Lesser Energy (since I wasn't using any Elementalist spells) and used only two offensive skills; Kindle Arrows and Dual Shot. I just spammed Dual Shot (after prepping with Kindle Arrow) while he kept casting the useless skills. By the time he got around to attacking, he was down to single digit health. He went down in about 20 seconds and I just took one melee hit.

robertjan
01-08-2005, 13:31
I had a little question.
When i saw your maps i was thinking: maybe you have maps like that from the Drageons lair.
With the locations from mission and bones.

I'm looking forward... :happy14:

fpcguo
05-08-2005, 06:23
Somehow, I found Elona to be one of the easier missions in the entire game. ou just have to get the crystals back in under 30 min. It took our group on my ele 10 min no sweat. Oh well, guess i just had a good PUG...but still, I have 2 ascended char so far, and both times we finished the mission on like the first or second time.

My friend somehow killed the mirror with his ranger in 30 sec :confused: . I found elementalist the hardest to ascend. Doppelganger just out-attributes you, and throws those 148 meteors, or 112 lightning orb, or 62 lightning strike, etc. I ended up having to equip life sacing skills from my necro secondary, then equipped armor of earth and just outlived him :happy34: . That took a few tries... :rolleyes:

I never got an sword on the mirror. It was always either the storm bow or chaos axe. Anyway killing him with my warrior was easy. I still had 3/4 of my life when I killed him. It helps to equip no healing skills, and then just get a max dmg sword and forge armor. Then killing the mirror took like 10 sec lol.

Of course if you are planning your ascension before hand, you could always just be a secondary mesmer and not buy any skills until after ascension. When trying to ascend use backfire and empathy, and watch doppelganger kill himself. Then, if you didn't want to be a mesmer second, change your profession to what you wanted after ascension, and skills don't cost anymore than if you had picked that second in the beginning. Of course, I am under the impression that changing secondary is only available after ascension. But if it is not, then just change ur second to mesmer to kill the mirror ^_^.

Chander
05-08-2005, 17:19
I read alot of post about ascension and thought it was tough.. but I killed the mirror with ease.. before I knew it it was over... :confused: well.. there goes the fun :-)....

I just hit the opponent with Meteor Shower and kept running left and right and you are fine !..

Done all the quest and bonus for Elona and Thirsty river - the mission for Dune of despair was easy - but how do you do the bonus ?? - like you have 10 minutes.. you keep the hordes from killing the ghost - but you donot have time killing the generals ??

Sudhendra Vahl
17-08-2005, 02:09
I agree with Chander: getting the Dunes bonus seems to be downright impossible. If you head for the generals, the spawned critters whack the ghost; defend the ghost and you don't have enough time to go after the generals....

Elessar the True
17-08-2005, 05:51
For the guy who got hit by Searing Heat - you do know you can run out of the area of effect, right?

Maple Tiger
21-08-2005, 19:51
What I did was that I left all my skills behind an be sure you've got better weapons and armor. All the skills you've got he haves them too. So kill him and you have won. :clap:

Turingher Khalet
22-08-2005, 12:22
Little stupid question: 'Ascension': what IF you are ascended? Did you complete the game then? Do you get some bonus or something? Money? Reward? Or just prestige?

Thanks in advance,

TK

IBeJebus
22-08-2005, 18:25
Little stupid question: 'Ascension': what IF you are ascended? Did you complete the game then? Do you get some bonus or something? Money? Reward? Or just prestige?

Thanks in advance,

TK

Ascension is not the end of the game. There are still a number of missions and other things to do after that. Ascension opens up areas to your character not previously available. After ascension, you can go to The Tombs(for PvE characters) and you also cant enter the Fissure of Woe or Underworld until you are ascended.

CyricX
27-09-2005, 15:59
Everyone says that Thirsty River is the easiest but I have tried 7 times and I can't beat it, the last group on the left in the last battle(with the monk hero) is killing me. I have beaten elona and dunes on the 1st or 2nd try. I am lvl20 R\me using apply poison and phantasm because I have a bow that does +15%
to hexed and lengthens poison. plz help

veekay
21-10-2005, 18:37
Just finished one of the three as a lvl 12 with henchmen, of course it seems that was the easiest missions. Three tries with the 6 pvp battle and no luck, can get to the second battle and take out 1 full team, but then get killed, up to lvl 14 now. Gained two levels just trying these missions, so I'll keep going.

Hecate of DK
02-11-2005, 09:39
Thanks for posting such a great thread, I've referred to it often.

I finally experienced my first ascension tonite with my W/Mo and all I did was carry a shield and two shield skills that the mirror couldn't use with her two handed axe.
I set attributes to max swordsmanship, tactics and strength.
Finished her off in 9.9 seconds.
:happy65:

Agrawain
21-11-2005, 13:36
thirsty river is to easy i did it in first try with W/Mo and henchmen bonus to just take 1 or 2 groups at time and kill priests before every 2 minute like 2-4-6 etc

Nice Guide but really useless nowadays as everyone is very uppity or impatient and maybe nervous especailly when they have to cap skill in there.I have been trying since summer or July to ascend 2 char but keep getting return to outpost and it is impossibe with henchies.I did complete dunes though capping skills should not be in missions as they should only be quested for.I prefer quest to missions.

Excalibur
11-12-2005, 19:27
with my ranger who was r/e at the time (before the aoe nerf) I just nuked him too death and ran away from his nukes.

With my W/? i used my normal pve build and just out skilled him :P

I started an ele yesterday and now have no clue how im gonna beat him when i eventualy get there :P

Divinity chaos
01-01-2006, 22:07

i killed my dopple e/mo with 3 skills, u could probs do it with just the elem skills too

flare, aura of restoration, life attunement

dont use life attunement, as soon as u get in there use aura then spam flare, he'll use the same kinda stuff only he wont spam flare, he'll also use life attunement which decreases damage dealt but increases healing power, as you dont bring healing he just gets the negative use of it, which enables u to stay alive for longer

hope this helps for all u elems out there, happy new yr all! :xmas25:

divinity

Poisoned Hunter
06-02-2006, 17:53
how u unlock amoon arena.. i tried finding the way in but it was blocked by water.. anyways very good guide and well done

est assassin
06-02-2006, 18:16
finish sanctum cay

Poisoned Hunter
06-02-2006, 18:19
finish sanctum cay

i did
(oo too much short)

well i did finsih sanctum cay and im referring to Amnoon Arena not Amnoon Oasis...

krispykritter
06-02-2006, 19:32
i did
(oo too much short)

well i did finsih sanctum cay and im referring to Amnoon Arena not Amnoon Oasis...

Some time way back when, the Amoon Arena got merged with all the other arenas into the Team's Arena (in Droks - for when you choose your team) and the Competitive Arena (in LA - random team), in these arenas you randomly played on one of the maps. With the Faction PvP weekend those two arenas were moved to the Battle Isles, which you get to by clicking on the boat on the map by LA (if you've gotten that far) and travel to Grenth's Templs (IIRC) which as of now is the only destination and the Team's Arena is there as is the Competitive Arena.

Obsidian
07-04-2006, 07:29
just a quick note.. maybe someone already mentioned it but i can't be bothered to read it all now.. soz

i have beaten my doppleganger easily by putting all minion skills in my skill bar, healing breeze and SS. dropped the SS on it right away and i was just running around (without attacking!) and healing myself untill it died. :grin:

Jandau
09-04-2006, 16:22
I just beat the doppel, no tricks or exploits, and on the first try.

W/E

Swords 12 (10+1+1), Earth 10, Tactics 10 (9+1), rest in Strenght

Pure Strike
Sever Art
Gash
Final Thrust
Armor of Earth
Obsidian Flame
Heal Sig
Res Sig (useless, but I didn't bother switching it)

Cast Armor, start fighting, use you attack skills. Have all 4 of them charged when he uses Heal sig. Then Sever + Gash + Pure + Obsidian (he should be under 50% now) + Final. He's almost dead.

The doppel doesn't use Obsidian for some reason, and it gives you some nice burst damage to set him up for a Final Thrust. He does however use Armor of Earth, but Obsidian ignores it anyway...

You can replace the Res sig with whatever you like.

I know this post isn't much use since it's harder to find a W/E than a PuG that uses Ventrilo :grin:

Ashetaka
31-05-2006, 03:12
just an interesting point... I got bored one day and wanted the get the lowest possible lvl into Dragons Lair and the Farthest lvl 1 I could in the game.

Results were I have a lvl 1 char in Ring of Fire Mission (James Bond MIA) and a lvl 12 in Dragon's Lair (damn that 50k xp) cause i beat my double at lvl 4... Want a chalenge... Try killing a lvl 20 one on one with a lvl4 with no attribute points to increase your skills ;)

Emri
15-06-2006, 21:03
@ Ashetaka

What did you use for it?

Megathon
21-06-2006, 14:47
Hmm, didn`t had any troubles with my doppelganger.
Tho I used a W/Mo, I had to fight a very weak ranger.
Withing 10 seconds I finished him.
Dunno why I had a ranger doppelganger....maybe because I had a bow ready when entering the mission,lol!!

meatloafman
29-08-2006, 15:43
i beat mirrior on my mo/me

physical resistance
retribution
healing breeze
mending

i was lvl 16 so attr points were had to come by, but i decided to have
8 healing
4 inspiration
rest smite (was about 8-10)

pre cast mending and retribution, just swing away..... i also had to sacrifice some points into dieivine favor ni order to have the full damage from my wand (fortunately is req 8).

always keep phys resistance on, and maintaint healing breeze when below 50% health otherwise energy becomes a problem...

took me a while to kil him but it worked.. in fact i think it was the ongest battle ive ever had with him.

Elwe Fingolfin
24-11-2006, 11:12
easiest thing to do with a ranger - you can win in around 30 seconds

equip every useless spirit skill that you have and penetrating shot, max out your markmanship attribute

whilst your opposite dinny ranger is casting 6-7 spirit spells at the start just keep using penetrating shot and he will be dead in around 30 seconds, I didnt even take any damage from him lol !

Resident
10-03-2007, 17:51
Im a dessert runner, i do it all day so if you need a run just ask me and ill do it free of charge. like i always say the best things in life are free.

My name is: I Am The Riddik (Hes My W/A old drok runner)

Count Zu Jinzo
07-05-2007, 17:27
Hi all I have been trying to do this in Hard Mode and it just aint working. I have read your suggestions for a warrior and the doppelhanger is NOT using frenzy. Have any of you done this in Harde Mode

Arcane Guardian
10-05-2007, 16:34
Have any of you done this in Harde Mode

I did. But as an ele, not a warrior. It was tricky but i got him. Nasty mirror casts halfway faster so watch out! I ended up using E/R to beat him. I took 2 ranger spirits to keep him busy and nuked him. He casts spirits fast so not too much time. When they were up i ran around away from his nukes, and kept using Enervating charge to weaken him. His attacks hit for about 50dmg a hit so it was necessary. I tried blocking line of sight before, but he could hit me through the wall too somehow.

With using 2 ranger spirits(EoE and Roaring winds), glyph of renewal, meteor shower, firestorm, searing heat, fire attunement and enervating charge i got hin fast enough for the bonus too.

Arrowithe
06-08-2007, 23:02
Hi, my level 20 Ranger/Monk beat its doppleganger very easily. I jacked up my healing, beast master, and smiting attributes to 11,11, and 11. The only skills I took along were Charm Animal "for my level 15 dune lizard", mending which was +3 health regen, and holy wrath to deal back damage to the doppleganger.

Before you enter the fight, cast mending on yourself, let your energy regen, then cast holy wrath on yourself, energy regen, then cast mending and holy wrath on your pet. The doppleganger won't have a pet. When you enter you will have no energy, but you don't need it. The doppleganger can not beat you because he has only the skills you have, and begins behind in spell casting.

Viti Ligo
07-08-2007, 06:52
Hi, my level 20 Ranger/Monk beat its doppleganger very easily. I jacked up my healing, beast master, and smiting attributes to 11,11, and 11. The only skills I took along were Charm Animal "for my level 15 dune lizard", mending which was +3 health regen, and holy wrath to deal back damage to the doppleganger.

Before you enter the fight, cast mending on yourself, let your energy regen, then cast holy wrath on yourself, energy regen, then cast mending and holy wrath on your pet. The doppleganger won't have a pet. When you enter you will have no energy, but you don't need it. The doppleganger can not beat you because he has only the skills you have, and begins behind in spell casting.

Ummm there's a lot easier way, faster too:

[1] Heal as One
[2] Charm animal

( if you are in hurry take some pet attacks, but they are not needed the fight last about 20 secs in NM without any additional skills )

Doppel doesn't have pet, so he can't use HaO... so only one of you can heal...

ChuckersCa
08-04-2009, 21:46
I am really having a problem with the Priests mission. I can't get through the first room.
I am a new player (2 weeks) with a level 20 Elementalist/Ranger. I have a M.O.X. that's a Dervish/Necro. I am playing alone, so I have to pick 4 NPCs. Unfortunately, they're all level 17's and I'm fighting 20's and 24 bosses. I guess I just don't know which are the best NPCs to bring, but I just can't get past the first priest.
Maybe I'm not bringing the right powers. I do kill all the sand trolls first without any deaths.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Lytha
08-04-2009, 22:38
Thirsty River? You only have MOX?

Erm. If you have MOX, then you've got all 3 chapters. That means that you've got access to Nightfall with that dozen of heroes. So, how about a detour to Lion's Arch, travel to Kamadan and grab the first handful of other heroes? If you finish the newbie island of Nightfall, you can get Olias, too. Olias likes to be a minionmaster for all my characters, and minions make your life easier in about 95% of all areas.

Even that first first couple of heroes (warrior Koss, dervish Melonni, monk Tahlkora, monk Dunkoro, and possibly ranger Jin (or elementalist Sousuke)) make your life considerably easier, even if you return to Thirsty River immediately after you stepped out of Kamadan into Plains of Jarin. You don't give too much of the storylines away by just traveling through Nightfall's tutorial island.

By limiting yourself to "I must play the chapters in the right order!", you're hurting yourself, because Prophecies and Factions are so much easier with a handful of heroes instead of those mentally challenged and underleveled henchmen with their horrible, horrible skillbars.

So, hop to Kamadan already. I'm sure that an Elementalist with a MOX can do it, else ask around in that town if someone wants to help you.

But alright, lets presume that you've only got MOX. First the henchmen that I'd suggest: Alesia, Lina, Dunham (he'll remove enchantments). The last slot is up to you, though I'd personally probably bring Orion. Others would bring one of the fighter-autoattack clowns.

Before going for the other details, another one: you absolutely do NOT need to rush to the priest, while their team members are killing you and your henchmen. You've got 2 minutes to kill the team members, before they are resurrected. So kill them, watch the timer, and make sure you get the priest before the 2 minute mark. His death will disable the resurrection for his team. Kill the priest before the boss, but don't rush past the whole team.

Now well. This mission becomes considerably easier when you've got a dedicated interrupter in your team. You'd set that interrupter hero upon the priest, and he'll go down fast.

I wouldn't suggest that you or your MOX equip bows to use Distracting Shot&Concussion Shot or the like... that's just madness. :P

But you are an Ele. You've got the skill [Maelstrom] already? If you don't, take a detour back to the Maguuma Jungle, find the outpost "Maguuma Stade" (southwest of Denravi), and buy it.

Put Maelstrom on your skillbar, add [[Deep Freeze] and more water magic skills plus some sort of energy management and a res. What you simply do with those skills is: targetcall the priest (ctrl+shift+space), invoke a Maelstrom upon the priest, freeze him in place with your Deep Freeze. He'll be totally shut down for those 10 seconds. Spam some other water skills on him. Hope that the henchies and your MOX will kill him in those 10 seconds.

If that doesn't work at all, I'd suggest the journey to Kamadan. 1 quest later, you can have Jin (ranger), whom you can set up as dedicated interrupter (though, for her to be perfect, you need an elite skill from Factions: Broad Head Arrow).

ChuckersCa
09-04-2009, 13:15
Thanks for the suggestions.. As a new player, I didn't know that I COULD pick up other heroes. I will go and do that and see how things work out!

BrettM
09-04-2009, 13:48
Thanks for the suggestions.. As a new player, I didn't know that I COULD pick up other heroes. I will go and do that and see how things work out!
I wanted to play the campaigns in sequence, myself. But, stopping by EotN or Kamadan to pick up heroes doesn't really spoil the story, since you get them right in the beginning. In fact, I simply went to EotN and picked up Ogden, Vekk, and Gwen once I got to Lion's Arch. Those three heroes carried me the rest of the way through Prophecies and all of Factions, so I didn't get the others until I actually started Nightfall. The advantage is that the EotN heroes are level 20 from the beginning, unlike the initial Nightfall heroes who have to be leveled up from 15.

ChuckersCa
09-04-2009, 14:15
I wanted to play the campaigns in sequence, myself. But, stopping by EotN or Kamadan to pick up heroes doesn't really spoil the story, since you get them right in the beginning. In fact, I simply went to EotN and picked up Ogden, Vekk, and Gwen once I got to Lion's Arch. Those three heroes carried me the rest of the way through Prophecies and all of Factions, so I didn't get the others until I actually started Nightfall. The advantage is that the EotN heroes are level 20 from the beginning, unlike the initial Nightfall heroes who have to be leveled up from 15.

EotN? Eye of the North? I don't have that yet.. maybe I should buy it. I am trying to go to Kamadan, but I've got to do the Sunspears in Kryta mission first. Not easy when the henchies are 10 and the mobs 20+, but I'll get through it :) Or pick up EotN :)

Edit:

Thanks everyone.. I got EotN and got my heroes! Now, I'll try and continue with Prophecies!

BrettM
09-04-2009, 15:51
I am trying to go to Kamadan, but I've got to do the Sunspears in Kryta mission first.
That one stymied me for a while, even with heroes, though it's easier than the equivalent quest to get to Kamadan from Kaineng City. I finally just left it until I was level 20. Getting to EotN is much, much easier.

However, if you watch the patrol patterns in that quest, you can actually avoid quite a bit of the fighting. Also, there are a bunch of Lionguard NPCs there who help. The real key is to go stand under a fissure and get it closed as quickly as possible, which is something the quest doesn't make very clear to a Prophecies character. (The same capture mechanic is used in several missions in Nightfall, but it can be a real mystery to those of us coming from Prophecies. A Prophecies character doesn't get the tutorial about that mechanic until after reaching Kamadan.)

Lytha
09-04-2009, 18:14
I wanted to play the campaigns in sequence, myself. But, stopping by EotN or Kamadan to pick up heroes doesn't really spoil the story, since you get them right in the beginning.
Exactly. I usually travel to Kamadan very early on with Tyrian characters, so I'm able to get most of Istan's bounties. That's why my last couple of Tyrian characters did all of Istan before leaving it again. A semi-decently leveled Cry of Pain, or Necrosis, Critical Agility, or even Whirling Attack make life in Prophecies and Factions much more enjoyable. Plus, by having done all of Istan, I get Olias, too.

And Zenmai's quest, which makes navigating through Bukdek Byway so much more enjoyable and a very easy first "vanquish" for Factions...

Game difficulty-wise, it's probably a good idea to play the chapters in the right order though. What's "hard" for beginning players in Tyria will be the norm in Nightfall.

ChuckersCa
09-04-2009, 19:11
That one stymied me for a while, even with heroes, though it's easier than the equivalent quest to get to Kamadan from Kaineng City. I finally just left it until I was level 20. Getting to EotN is much, much easier.

However, if you watch the patrol patterns in that quest, you can actually avoid quite a bit of the fighting. Also, there are a bunch of Lionguard NPCs there who help. The real key is to go stand under a fissure and get it closed as quickly as possible, which is something the quest doesn't make very clear to a Prophecies character. (The same capture mechanic is used in several missions in Nightfall, but it can be a real mystery to those of us coming from Prophecies. A Prophecies character doesn't get the tutorial about that mechanic until after reaching Kamadan.)

With the EotN heroes, the Sunspear Mission was cake. The Fissure issue (and how to close it) is the same problem I had when I got my MOX and needed to capture the tutorial areas. The bar that shows you the closing/capturing is positioned under the mission map, so I didn't know what to do right away.

Now, with Heroes, I am off to try and complete the Thirsty Rivers mission!

ChuckersCa
11-04-2009, 05:06
The doppleganger was the easiest fight EVER. I am an El/Ranger and I just let my pet do all the work. I kept my pet boosted and the fight was over in about 20 seconds.