PDA

View Full Version : Types of Elementalist

bullett
11-05-2005, 13:00
I'm a newbie E/R adn I have been looking through here and notice alot of people are talking about being an air/fire/earth/water elementalist which I assume is because you become more powerful if you don't spread out the skill points over multiple areas?

Is this correct or are there other advantages/disadvantages?
Do the elements have advantages over each other?

SprintFun
11-05-2005, 14:48
Well, since you only have 8 skill slots, lets say you have 2 maybe 3 skills from your secondary profession you like to use. That leaves 5-6 skills left for ALL of your skills since you cant interchange them during a mission. So you have to decide what your focus is on. If want to deal a lot of damage to a lot of things, go fire. If you want to be more defensive, go Earth. Just looking at a skill set for a magic you can get a feel of what it's main use is. So, I'd suggest not "spreading the love" since you can only be limited to 5 spells, you want them to be the most powerful. Learn about what you want first of all and build yourself up from there.'

BTW, all elements are unique in what kind of player can utilize them...I love to make things burn so I have a natural fit...and you can always refund skills too so play around a little. Every 250 exp you get a refund point...and every level you get your refund points reset so the game is VERY forgiving in helping you find what you want to be!

bullett
11-05-2005, 15:32
Useful thanks.

So therefore....

Fire = Mostly offensive
Earth = Mostly defensive
Air = ?
Water = ?

FowerFighter
11-05-2005, 15:56
Fire is on a bigger area,
While air is more focused on 1 specific target,

Water magic most of the time the damage ain't great but it got side effects(slowing)

DutchSmurf
11-05-2005, 20:21
Fire is area damage and the fire condition.
Earth is defense and knocking down.
Water is defense and slowing down.
Air is damage on a single target and blind and knocking down.