PDA

View Full Version : Duelomancer

DragonsofSatin
12-05-2005, 05:47
Class: Elementalist / Mesmer

Attributes: (cost) '+' indicates Rune attributes
Energy Storage: 8+1 (37)
Air Magic: 10+2(With +1 to Air Eye) (61)
Fire Magic: 10+3 (61)
Inspiration Magic: 8 (37)
Also a superior vigor rune to negate most of the superior fire rune.

Total attribute points used: 196/200

Skills: [Attribute] (Energy, Cast Time, Recharge TIme)
1) Lightning Orb [Air Magic] (15,2,5) Spell: Lightning Orb flies towards target foe and strikes for 82 lightning damage if it hits. This spell has 25% armor penetration.

2) Chain Lightning [Air Magic] (10,2,20) Spell: Target foe and up to two other foes near your target are struck for 82 lightning damage. This spell has 25% armor penetration. This spell causes exhaustion.

3) Arcane Echo [Illusion Magic] (15,2,30) Enchantment: If you cast a spell in the next 10 seconds, Arcane Echo is replaced with that spell for 20 seconds. Arcane Echo ends prematurely if you use a non-spell skill.

4) Phoenix [Fire Magic] (15,3,25) Spell: A fiery phoenix rises at your location, striking nearby foes for 98 fire damage, and flies out to your target, exploding on impact. This explosion strikes for an additional 80 fire damage.

5) Meteor Shower [Fire Magic] (25,5,60) Spell: Exploding meteors strike the area near your target. Each strikes for 98 damage and knocks down anyone it hits. This spell causes exhaustion.

6) Hex Breaker [Domination Magic] (10,0,20) Stance: For 60 seconds, the next time you are the target of a hex, that hex fails, the caster takes 10 damage, and Hex Breaker ends.

Also can be replaced with this depending on who you are fighting

6)Mantra of Resolve [Inspiration Magic] (10,0,20) Stance: For 62 seconds, you cannot be interrupted, but each time you would have been interrupted, you lose 4 energy or Mantra of Resolve ends.

7) Energy Drain [Inspiration Magic] (5,1,20) Spell: Steal 15 energy from target foe. This is an elite skill.

This is after Using a streight pyromancer in the HOH, and deciding that more flexabilty would be good. I do not have a heal spell i know but I always party with a guildie monk in PVP. Tell me what you think.

Xeral
12-05-2005, 09:53
Class: Elementalist / Mesmer

Attributes: (cost) '+' indicates Rune attributes
Energy Storage: 8+1 (37)
Air Magic: 10+2(With +1 to Air Eye) (61)
Fire Magic: 10+3 (61)
Inspiration Magic: 8 (37)
Also a superior vigor rune to negate most of the superior fire rune.

Total attribute points used: 196/200

Skills: [Attribute] (Energy, Cast Time, Recharge TIme)
1) Lightning Orb [Air Magic] (15,2,5) Spell: Lightning Orb flies towards target foe and strikes for 82 lightning damage if it hits. This spell has 25% armor penetration.

2) Chain Lightning [Air Magic] (10,2,20) Spell: Target foe and up to two other foes near your target are struck for 82 lightning damage. This spell has 25% armor penetration. This spell causes exhaustion.

3) Arcane Echo [Illusion Magic] (15,2,30) Enchantment: If you cast a spell in the next 10 seconds, Arcane Echo is replaced with that spell for 20 seconds. Arcane Echo ends prematurely if you use a non-spell skill.

4) Phoenix [Fire Magic] (15,3,25) Spell: A fiery phoenix rises at your location, striking nearby foes for 98 fire damage, and flies out to your target, exploding on impact. This explosion strikes for an additional 80 fire damage.

5) Meteor Shower [Fire Magic] (25,5,60) Spell: Exploding meteors strike the area near your target. Each strikes for 98 damage and knocks down anyone it hits. This spell causes exhaustion.

6) Hex Breaker [Domination Magic] (10,0,20) Stance: For 60 seconds, the next time you are the target of a hex, that hex fails, the caster takes 10 damage, and Hex Breaker ends.

Also can be replaced with this depending on who you are fighting

6)Mantra of Resolve [Inspiration Magic] (10,0,20) Stance: For 62 seconds, you cannot be interrupted, but each time you would have been interrupted, you lose 4 energy or Mantra of Resolve ends.

7) Energy Drain [Inspiration Magic] (5,1,20) Spell: Steal 15 energy from target foe. This is an elite skill.

This is after Using a streight pyromancer in the HOH, and deciding that more flexabilty would be good. I do not have a heal spell i know but I always party with a guildie monk in PVP. Tell me what you think.

I like the direct damage you are capable of with Air and the AoE damage you utilize with Fire. I'd change out the Hex Breaker for Energy Drain like you added, and it'd be a very powerful damage template. Might want to toss in Ether Feast somewhere or Aura of Restoration as well, to offer more survivability. Why worry about interrupts when you will die fast with no healing ability?

weltallx
12-05-2005, 09:58
Before youy read i am not trying to be mean, im just telling you the truth

You keep sayng this is for pvp, and that u want ppl to give u a set of skills.

Well pvp does not work this way, unless u are going with a bunch of random people (this will never work against an organized team, such as a good guild). The proper way to make a good character build is to talk to your team. First you need to decide the teams build(theme). It could be a warrior heavy build for example. For this build you would want to use the knockdown spells to your advantage, and the blindness spells. A reason for this is that the opponent cant do a thing if they are knocked down except take damage. This is probably the worst condition in the game (if u can classify it as a condition). The team has to work together. No one person should have skills that the rest of the team does not know about and work well with. To make a long story short It is impossible to tell you how to make your character.

Im assuming you are a complete n00b who will never be anything but a n00b. The reason for this is not because i am mean it is because u just dont understand the basic concepts of guild vs guild(gvg) battle. This is not really something that can be taught. Its just a way of thinking. The people who excelle in gvg/pvp are the people who think strategically, have really good teamwork, and are able to stay 4 steps ahead of their enemy.

I've seen a lot of posts like this that say things like "is this a good build", and because of the variety in how people play the game it is impossible to tell someone how 2 make a good build. You can only give a person advice, but with that advice comes more than 8 skills. (There actaully is an answer to your question right here, but your prabably not smart enough to find it)

The fact that you asked this question just shows that you will never be anything but a n00b in pvp, and im not trying to be mean im just being real.

Xeral
12-05-2005, 10:10

Well pvp does not work this way, unless u are going with a bunch of random people (this will never work against an organized team, such as a good guild). The proper way to make a good character build is to talk to your team. First you need to decide the teams build(theme). It could be a warrior heavy build for example. For this build you would want to use the knockdown spells to your advantage, and the blindness spells. A reason for this is that the opponent cant do a thing if they are knocked down except take damage. This is probably the worst condition in the game (if u can classify it as a condition). The team has to work together. No one person should have skills that the rest of the team does not know about and work well with. To make a long story short It is impossible to tell you how to make your character.

Im assuming you are a complete n00b who will never be anything but a n00b. The reason for this is not because i am mean it is because u just dont understand the basic concepts of guild vs guild(gvg) battle. This is not really something that can be taught. Its just a way of thinking. The people who excelle in gvg/pvp are the people who think strategically, have really good teamwork, and are able to stay 4 steps ahead of their enemy.

I've seen a lot of posts like this that say things like "is this a good build", and because of the variety in how people play the game it is impossible to tell someone how 2 make a good build. You can only give a person advice, but with that advice comes more than 8 skills. (There actaully is an answer to your question right here, but your prabably not smart enough to find it)

The fact that you asked this question just shows that you will never be anything but a n00b in pvp, and im not trying to be mean im just being real.

To say someone is going to be GvGing a lot is ignorant. He asked if it was a good PvP build, and it is. The problem with PvP is the fact that you cannot always rely on your team for everything, which is why even as an offensive elementalist you want one or two defensive spells. GvGing is generally for those close people that use voice chat and such, and does not appeal to the masses due to the fact that in the end, it's just a very very long PvP encounter that has better organization. You were very offensive in your post due to the fact that everyone can learn, and everyone can do GvG if they prep correctly.

I've played more PvP orienteed games then this (Shadowbane), and I have lead masses of a 100 people to victory in Wars. GvG is just small scale organized PvP, nothing more.

DragonsofSatin
12-05-2005, 15:59
Before youy read I am not trying to be mean, im just telling you the truth

I have already GvG and made it to the Hall of Heroes many times, as i said this is coming from a streight pyromancer build which was extesivly tested in the HOH, where I want a lot more flexabilty. I am not trying to be mean but maybe you should read the post and not act like a complet asswhole Cut and pasting your replies? You accuse me of being a noob when I am farther in the game than you are and probally have done more PVP than you. I am in charge of DD on the guild and Aoe, but i added in the defesive spells like hexbreaker for the spells and a way to stop being interupted by the ranger. Also I am asking if this is a good build mainly for someone to tell me the counter for it. I am not asking a stupid question is this a build because obviously like any build it will have its advantages and disadvantages, but I am asking to try and find the counter to it, so I can crytique it to counter the counter without losing my damage potential. Why else would I have the defensive spells. Also I will be with at least 3 guild monks in most PVP, when I was streight pyro I could rely on them for my healing so I do not think Aura of restoration is required.

SprintFun
12-05-2005, 20:12

He's not trying to be mean, more like an ignorant ***. And you a "n00b" for assuming people can't evolve into good players at different aspects of the game. Do you think all the "good" GvG players were born that way and had good skills right at the beginning of the game? It's called learning you n00b...

Rukia
12-05-2005, 20:25
my golden rule: Anyone calling some1 a n00b is a n00b himself. even if you had the slightest point, your way of expressing your opinion doomed you. have a nice day and go give your wise advices somewhere else. if you cant give real advices go troll other forums.

and on the subject, build looks interested. still I think air/water or only air might be more effective for pvp only action. of course everything depends on your role in your team. please test it and lets us know how its working :D