PDA

View Full Version : super quick question

goatsong
12-05-2005, 06:28
how do i get my pet to tank for me?

because you engage a monster by shooting an arrow at it, right? and as soon as i do that it comes for me, not my pet, tho my pet'll attack it...

Relativity
12-05-2005, 07:51
I think it goes like this: you shoot the arrow, the monsters attack you, pet runs up to monsters, you back up out of monsters attack range, pet is now focus of attack, then you kill monsters.

goatsong
12-05-2005, 08:28
I think it goes like this: you shoot the arrow, the monsters attack you, pet runs up to monsters, you back up out of monsters attack range, pet is now focus of attack, then you kill monsters.

ah, simple enough, thx. WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?!?!

Desmodas
12-05-2005, 14:44
how do i get my pet to tank for me?

because you engage a monster by shooting an arrow at it, right? and as soon as i do that it comes for me, not my pet, tho my pet'll attack it...

I find that if I cast haste, before I get an arrow off, my pet gets there before my first shot. Just wait until you start to draw the bow. Then cast before you fire, this will interrupt your shot though your pet is already running to the monster.

Beomagi
12-05-2005, 19:13
Can't you also use a skill for your pet to do a special attack? (haven't gotten that far so i dont know for sure)

Corrodias
12-05-2005, 20:29
the pet will attack as soon as you start to draw the bow, so you can cancel it (by pressing escape or moving) and wait until the pet arrives at the enemy before you actually launch an arrow, if you want, even if you don't have haste.