PDA

View Full Version : Armors and Runes

Aramon
12-05-2005, 09:23
Ok I know if I put a rune on my armor that improves my hp I can't add it to another piece and get the same effect. However does the absorption stuff on the ascalon armor work the same way? Cause if it does then I don't see the point of having that effect on all the pieces of the armor.

Herthbul
12-05-2005, 14:22
Runes of Absorption do not stack with the -dmg received from either the Ascalon set or the Knight's set.

Aramon
12-05-2005, 17:50
let me rephrase that. What I mean is this

Does it mean that since things like 'increase maxium health' doesn't stack on armors (one on legs one on gloves.) Mean that I only need one piece of the ascalon or knights set to get the 'reduces damage' on ALL the other pieces of my armor.

RotJ
14-05-2005, 03:10
I thought absorption only worked if you got hit in the area that it's applied on. So if you have it in chest armor, it's applied 37.5% of the time. Both chest and legs would make it 62.5%. All pieces would be 100%.

Is this right?

Tyrole
14-05-2005, 08:58
I thought absorption only worked if you got hit in the area that it's applied on. So if you have it in chest armor, it's applied 37.5% of the time. Both chest and legs would make it 62.5%. All pieces would be 100%.

Is this right?

If that's the case, then I need to get my absorption rune off my helmet...

RotJ
16-05-2005, 08:11
Well, Guildwarsguru says this:

Runes are the armor upgrades of Guild Wars. Each piece of crafted armor can hold a single rune, for a total of five runes per character. These runes must be either general runes, usable by all characters, or specific to your primary class - runes cannot upgrade armor for a different class. In addition, multiple runes of the same type do not stack; if more than one is equipped, only one will function. At the moment there are relatively few runes available for each class.

Generally, every character will want the best vigor rune they can find, and a set of minor, penalty-free, attribute boosting runes. Warriors will also want to be using an absorption rune for added defense. As both major and superior attribute runes come with heavy health penalties, they are inferior to minor runes the vast majority of the time. The following runes are presently available in the game.

So according to this, you would only need one absorption rune on any piece of armor for its total effectiveness. I guess the same would be true if you equipped only one piece of Ascalon armor.

REI ONRYOU
16-05-2005, 16:12
I believe the Ascalon only works per armour piece, unlike a rune which has a universal effect, but that's how I think it works. I'm not 100% sure.

Surfing Monkey
17-05-2005, 07:52
I think the ascalon armor does not stack. But my finances and the hard to find Fur, stops me from dooing better tests. If anybody can do the test for me it would be nice. (the test would be to compare two complete armor sets with the same armor rating but with and without the armor reduction eg: ascalon vs ringmail) There are several threads asking if its worth having all peices of armor with damage reduction, and no clear anser?? :confused:

improvize
17-05-2005, 11:10
Allright... Lot of people dont get this. Acording to some posts on this and other forums, this is the way reduction works. When monster is trying to hit you, he aims certan part of your body. So, biggest chance is that he will hit your chest. If you have dammage reduction on your hauberk, damage will be reduced. If he hits your arm and you dont have gloves with reduction, damage will not be reduced. So, set is not cumulative, but I still think reduction set is good :happy65: One more thing, same goes with armour class. If monster aims for your legs, and you have good armour on you, but you are bare footed, it will probably hit you.
Shield AC and bonuses are added to any armour part monster is aming.
And keep your helm`s AC high :winking47 to avoid head hits (critical hits)

char
Valasse En Llanowar

Surfing Monkey
18-05-2005, 02:18
Thank You :happy34:

Chronus24
18-05-2005, 05:25
this armor system is so weird...then why can't we as players designate areas on monsters to hit, or even other players...or is it completly random whether we hit the head, chest, leg, hand, toe, balls, ear, ect....

improvize
18-05-2005, 09:37
It is random. When you swing your weapon, every body part on monster has certan percentage to be hit.

Valasse En Llanowar

mickfu
01-01-2006, 22:22
Have they changed this?

I put five runes of the same type on five different pieces of armor, and had my stat go up the appropriate amount.

I could "stack" them on different pieces of armor, which isn't really stacking, I suppose.

Anyone else finding the same thing?

omagad
02-01-2006, 00:19
did everyone in this thread just ignored the dmg article in the gwonline site and all the old dmg calculation threads? O_o

*absorbtion from absrob rune is global.-doesnt matter whre you get hit will will be reduced by the rune (min -1 maj -2 sup -3)

*absorbtion from knights\ascalon armor is global and doesnt stack from diffrent parts.- having only one piece or the whole set have exactly the same effect and will reduce any dmg done by 2 only diffrence is full sets looks much better

*absorbtion from the shield is global BUT is calculated only when the attack comes from infront of the player (same for shield armor)

*absorbtion via armor level is calculated per piece.. so dmg done is reduced by the armor on the part of the body the attacker hit

for more info in better english and other neat things go here http://www.gwonline.net/page.php?p=157