PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Accounts?

XaviarGangrel
12-05-2005, 09:58
Hi there, I've just got a copy of Guild Wars, as has my housemate. However the third person in the house, my fiance, hasnt managed to get one yet. We were wandering if it is possible for her to create a fresh account using my copy, play her characters, and when she gets her copy in about a week access her account from her copy. Is this doable, or can you only make one account per copy?

Sorry if that didnt make much sense, brain not working.

btw, on a side note, I've noticed that I get shunted to European 2 by default (we're in australia). The only other option seems to be International, how do we go to american servers? Is that even possible?

XaviarGangrel

Edit - forgot second question

Taxus Baccata
12-05-2005, 11:13
Hi there, I've just got a copy of Guild Wars, as has my housemate. However the third person in the house, my fiance, hasnt managed to get one yet. We were wandering if it is possible for her to create a fresh account using my copy, play her characters, and when she gets her copy in about a week access her account from her copy. Is this doable, or can you only make one account per copy?

Sorry if that didnt make much sense, brain not working.

I think that you would account key already in use if you try that but I am not sure. Try it and see :happy34:

btw, on a side note, I've noticed that I get shunted to European 2 by default (we're in australia). The only other option seems to be International, how do we go to american servers? Is that even possible?

XaviarGangrel

Edit - forgot second question

From the Guild Wars official FAQ

Please be aware that there is a maximum limit of 5 territory changes for the lifetime of your account. Once all 5 changes have been used, your last choice will be FINAL.

You can change the territory in which your character will begin based on the region you prefer. In other words, if you have selected the American territory, your characters will begin in that territory along with all the other players that have selected the same territory. However, if you later decide you would rather play in the European territory because of your language preferences or because you would like to join your friends in that region, you will be able to change your territory setting to this newly desired territory.

Please remember that regardless of the territory you've selected, you can still use the International Districts to play with other people around the world.

To change the territory setting for your Guild Wars account:

- Log into your Guild Wars account and click the Edit Account button in the lower left corner of the character selection screen.

- Select the Change Territory option followed by the Next button in the lower right corner.

- On the Change Territory screen, you will be informed of the territory to which your account is set, and how many more times you can change that territory.

- Select the new territory you would like to join, then click the newly highlighted Change button in the bottom right corner.

- You should receive a message stating your account location has successfully been changed and your account is now located in the new territory you selected. Click the OK button.

Again, there is a strict limit of five (5) territory changes for the entire lifetime of your account. This change counter will not be reset, and the Guild Wars Support Team will not be able to assist you with territory changes once your limit has been reached.

XaviarGangrel
12-05-2005, 12:50
Thanks for the response :)

I'll try out the Account thing when I next play. For now my fiance made a character on my account and is trying out the game to see if she likes it enough to buy.

I should probably have read the FAQ really, but I'm surpised they limit the number of times you can change servers... wonder why that is.

Taxus Baccata
12-05-2005, 13:03
It is because of there contentious (judging by past posts on this forum) World at War/Hall of Heroes idea.

You have probably seen messages in town saying "Guild X has betean Guild Y, Guild Y must win n more times to take the Hall of Heroes for Europe/America/Korea"

What happens at the end of the game is that there are areas/quests that are only unlocked when a guild from your region holds the hall of heroes. If you could switch regions at will then everyone would switch to the region that current holds the Hall.
Does that make any sense ?

Don't forget that you can always play in the International distrticts at any time. If for example you want to play with people from America, Europe, Asia, Oz, etc.