PDA

View Full Version : PvP Build Ideas?

Aphrodite
12-05-2005, 20:51
Hey everyone. I was just wondering what do you think a good second class for a mesmer and does anyone have any PvP builds they have tried out that have been effective? i have seen a lot of posts which people have had theories about what builds they would try out, but I was wondering if anyone had anything that actually worked?

I'm looking to get a few ideas for skills and I need to pick a second class now that i'm almost level seven and I havent even started distributing my points yet so any help would be great and really appreciated.

Tsume
13-05-2005, 09:50
Well the Flavor of the month so to speak, seems to be Energy Denial/Burn builds.

That would be a Mesmer who focuses on stealing and burning through his opponents energy.

The Necro class also has some Energy Subverting abilities with Wither and Malaise which put energy degeneration on the opponent, and it can be quite annoying.

Thers also the interrupt based build which is growing in popularity. It's focused on Domination Magic interrupt skills and though I haven't seen much Migraine around yet, as soon as it becomes public knowledge of where to find it, you'll probably see al ot more of these type of builds surface.

Welcome to the forums, Aphrodite!

dopplex
13-05-2005, 16:49
Argh.. Energy Denial is FOTM?

I hate FOTM builds, but I had already started mine.

At least it isn't too difficult to change builds later on...

PKMG StaR
14-05-2005, 00:04
Argh.. Energy Denial is FOTM?

I hate FOTM builds, but I had already started mine.

At least it isn't too difficult to change builds later on...

Teams mostly look for Mesmers to help shutdown monks. Since energy denials builds do this the best, this is gonna be a common build for a longggggg time to come.

But yah it does suck to not be original. We all want our own special build, but thankfully you can do large drain with only ~4 drain spells. Which means that we can pretty much go anythign else we want for the other 4 spells.