PDA

View Full Version : N/Me vs N/W and builds.

Yami Sol
12-05-2005, 23:15
Ok, byfar I do like both N/Me and N/W, but what are the pros and cons of both? Any particularly good builds for either? I'm looking to find out before I choose my secondary profession. Thank you ^_^

infoghost
13-05-2005, 13:53
I chose Mesmer, because I prefer to stay back and do damage as much as possible. It's not always possible, but I try.

The beauty of GW is any combo will work. Play what you like the best. :)

botrytis
13-05-2005, 14:38
It is possible with high Soul reaping and energy tap, with a Necro/Mesmer, to continually throw skills at the enemy.I guess the build I have would be considered a vampire. WHit high enough soulreaping, ANYTHING dies you gain energy.

There are some really nice mesmer skills, like Elelmental Resistance.

I like GW, because ou can figure out what works and use it well.

Cheers!

goblintrain
13-05-2005, 16:22
I am currently using a necro warrior, & really enjoy her a lot.

My basic build is like this:

*Weapon Mastery with adrenaline focus
*Tactics with defensive focus
*one necro skill line of choice.
*extra points go to Soul Reaping

If you go this route, here are a few things i have picked up in my experience. This is not gospel, just the way it has worked for me.

Your warrior attack skills can all be adrenaline driven. Just take something like For Great Justice to keep your adrenaline up. If you choose to do this, i think axe is the weapon of choice simply because it offers lots of adrenal attacks that also do not drain all adrenaline in the process. The reason why i set up my attack skills on adrenaline was to save my energy for vampiric touch & well of blood. It was simply a design choice, not an essential build feature.

With all the poop-talk i have heard about the Tactics skill line, i am glad i tried it myself before dismissing it. Aside from it's importance in shield use, i find lots of use for Watch Yourself, Shield Stance, & Healing Signet. I can't really imagine doing a necro warrior without points in Tactics now.

I am currently using Vampiric Touch & sometimes Well of Blood for my health recoups, but eventually will be switching to Death Magic. I've used curses along the way too, but found i don't have the right technique yet to really make the most of them.

Lastly, even a Necro/Warrior can use a few points of Soul Reaping. However, in this case i just direct leftover attribute there that i can't use in my skill lines.

MadVybz
13-05-2005, 23:24
ne/me is a very good anti healer/caster in pvp combat
and i allways want 1 in my party when going to take out one of those self healing bosses

Blood Haven
15-05-2005, 00:00
I have a lvl 15 N/W as of now and i think its a really fun character to use. I like necro primary cause of more energy. I use skills like Life siphon, Vampiric Touch, Vampiric Gaze, Sever Artery, Gash etc. I like using the Blood Magic skills and also being able to melee combat with my sword. I never seem to have much of a problem in PVP battles. I made a N/Me PVP character yesterday and to be honest I really didn't like it. I guess it's just because i'm not used to it but I just thought it was weak, and not very fun to play with.

flyfishintrout
16-05-2005, 16:37
I have a lvl12 N/W. Very fun character! I was wondering do your Necromancers use shields at all. I was thinking that might be a nice option for additional armor but will sacrifice some energy bonuses. Thanks