PDA

View Full Version : Ele Player Build

ArchMegas
12-05-2005, 23:18
hey i haven't goten the game yet but there is nothing wrong with planning you are going to be. But if i am all Ele would that just give me more skill spots and make my spells stronger or would it just make me lose some skills that i could have gotten with a sec. prof.

any help would be apreciated :worship:

Tzhebee
13-05-2005, 00:17
I've seen many questions about a second prof. And the basic answer is this:

There is no DISadvantage to having the secondary class, so why not?

Yes, having a secondary class gives you additional skills, which take up not only active skill slots, but also XP stats if you want them to be any good. But, just because you have a secondary class doesn't mean you have to use it all.

I've seen many people say to take a Monk secondary for the resurect value, if nothing else. I personally, took a Ranger secondary just for the pet. It takes up 1 slot of my 8 skills, but it allows me to solo a lot better.

My suggestion is to test each secondary to see if you find something that would fit with your overall goal of what you want your character to be. Well, that AND it gives you a bunch more XP than just accepting the first one you try. :happy34:

Mraezk
13-05-2005, 00:27
With limited skill slots, I think its a waste to fully specialize in more then 1 elemental attribute. Generally most folks pick an element, and focus on using its selection of skills. Meanwhile, they back it up with 1 or 2 skills from a secondary profession, along with perhaps an energy storage skill.

Since you can only have 8 skill equipped at any one time, having 4 fire skills, and 4 air skills, for example, would probably less effective then having 4 fire skills, 2 energy skills, and 2 skills from a secondary class such as Monk.

Its easy to recognize the classes by their appearance in PvP. Therefore, the secondary class can add a nice unknown/surprise factor into it as well.

ArchMegas
14-05-2005, 17:33
thanks guys this helped a lot with the confusion but also if you don't get a sec. prof. will that make your skills stronger like instead of having 4 fire 2 energy storage and 2 other dthings could you have 4 fire and 4 other skills and if so then that might you spells stronger right? i know i have alot of questions sorry i am still a newby :confused: :confused:

oh and idon't want to specialize in more than one element

hakkafusion
15-05-2005, 05:20
i don't understand your question, but i'll try to give suggestion. The higher the level for one element will increase the effectiveness of that element, they're all individual and therefore will not affect another element..

Mraezk
15-05-2005, 05:38
Taking a second class cost you nothing, and hinders you in no way. You could, and some do, spend all your attribute points on the elemetalist class. You could also equip nothing but, say, fire skills if you wished. I don't think you can get by the quest that has you choose a secondary class though.

if you have 12 in fire (the max) and ignore the second class's attributes, your spells won't be any stronger then someone who also has 12 in fire, along with points invested in their second classes attributes. All that matters is the level that skill's attribute. In this case, both would be 12 and even.

Hopefully that makes sense.

ArchMegas
15-05-2005, 17:20
i don't understand your question, but i'll try to give suggestion. The higher the level for one element will increase the effectiveness of that element, they're all individual and therefore will not affect another element..

what i am trying to ask is does it matter if i had a sec prof. like if i was all elementalist then would i have more points to spend on a certain element which might make me stronger in the beginning and i might be able to speilize in more than one element which reminds me how many points do i get to spend on all the skills total? or i could do what i just heard get sec prof. and not spend any points on it i might do that and sorry if this is still confusing