PDA

View Full Version : WTF is an Error = 7???

Dragon Flame
13-05-2005, 02:44
:mad34:
EVERY day, either in a town, or in the middle of a mission, i get and "error=7". im not sure if it has to do with my connection or anything, but thats unlikely. the game just loggs me off!!! :mad: it happens almost every day, and yesterday it happened 4 times with 15 minute intervals.

pohtato
13-05-2005, 04:15
i got them too....my screen freezes..then logged me out for a couple of times...but i think it might be that the guys are updated or fixing the game that causes that

Ic Spyderz
16-05-2005, 21:39
tell you what same thing here, but i fixed it. turns out that all i had to do was under clock my pc a few mhz and it runs fine. ofcoruse it don't help that my pc only has 2 fans and it over heats, but as soon as i get more fans i should be able to turn it back up.

Emosh
30-06-2005, 03:26
tell you what same thing here, but i fixed it. turns out that all i had to do was under clock my pc a few mhz and it runs fine. ofcoruse it don't help that my pc only has 2 fans and it over heats, but as soon as i get more fans i should be able to turn it back up.

I'm also having this problem [Err=7] but in my case it happens when my ----y ISP disconnects me. Try to check your connection, or a log if available, exactly when your char freezes.

Darth Malius
12-07-2005, 06:52
I'm also having this problem [Err=7] but in my case it happens when my ----y ISP disconnects me. Try to check your connection, or a log if available, exactly when your char freezes.

I used to have this same problem once in a blue moon now it's like every day sometimes several times a day at randome moments, whats the deal? Is the server getting so bogged up it kicks you off at random times to try to free up the servers like AOHell does?

elsydeon
15-07-2005, 04:44
its a disconnect, but apparently not from anet, its you being linkdead

randomly is more than likely due to dhcp server (your isp here) giving you a new lease; can also be bad ethernet cables (they are durable, but dont like being chewed on by dogs), transient internet conditions (your isp getting ganked at 8pm by all the normal people), etc.

the internet is decentralized (think borg) but its not invulnerable (bind attacks are particularly nasty, and can destroy entire sections of the net)