PDA

View Full Version : Warrior/E Help (bad combo?)

Ashes
13-05-2005, 08:23
Hey

Been using a Warrior/Elementalist for a little while now, and it's been going ok but I'm not getting very satisifying results. Not very powerful so far and can't support itself to make up for it. I don't know all there is to know about either, so if anyone has some critiques or advice for this build let me know, debating whether to drop this Character or not.

Thank you.

UnearthFury
13-05-2005, 15:59
It depends on what you want to do with your character. As far as W/E goes..warriors have very little energy which makes it impossible to cast many of the high energy..high power skills. I am a W/E and have pretty much solved that problem. I have a grim cesta that gives me +16 energy which brings my total up 36. So in my case i sacraficed the sheild for the cesta but i dont mind. I use AOE spells like pheonix and inferno which deal massive damage later on. I distribute my points into swordsmanship,fire magicm and strength. My main sword skills being sever artery, gash, and final thrust..which deals a nice amount of damage. It depends what you want to do with your build.

dopplex
13-05-2005, 16:29
I haven't leveled my W/El yet,but it doesn't seem to me as if it should be a fundamentally flawed character. The combination of tanking ability and good AoE damage is a fundamentally good one, I think - though energy would indeed be a concern.

Aramon
13-05-2005, 23:53
I don't know the cost of air magic spells but I would suggest going that route. Air is anti-warrior and a warrior using air spells would be a perfect 1v1 character, you could easily destory any single opponent you fought.

Ostracized
14-05-2005, 12:29
War/Ele here also.

Glyph of Lesser energy is your friend. AOE is your friend.. as you dont have enough mana to single DD each and every enemy you come across.

The goal for me is to piss off as many of the MoBs as I can first, Tactics change depending on who/what I am fighting. Like with Charr, they tend to send 1 or 2 to go after your healer and if you target their healer/Named the rest will get close to you. Thats when you lay into them with something like Inferno to make sure they stick to you, then Firestorm for larger groups, or Pheonix (after tabing to a further away target, ust for effectivness) for just a couple or near the end of the fight.

The only problem i am having right now is the fact that my orriginal idea was to be Fire/Earth Elementalist, but with the scarcity of good Earth AOEs so far (almost to Yaks) im wondering if I should just go stright Fire for now and focus those Earth points into Str.