energy surge - second mission on fire islands
power block - just NE outside emberlight camp on fire islands
illusionary weaponry - iron mines(on the boss mob just after the seer, the boss
changes so it may take a few runs)
energy drain - southwest of thunderhead

im Currently Looking for Echo and Migrane

Van Tomiko
13-05-2005, 10:13
Echo - Perdition Rock : boss named Rwek Khawl Mawl (mahgo hydra boss)
Signet of midnight - Perdition Rock : Squid (Phantom) boss in Perdition Rock.

Van Tomiko
13-05-2005, 11:39
Migraine - Ring of Fire : boss named Pytt Spitespew (breezer keeper boss)

Floggle
13-05-2005, 13:03
Can somebody tell me when we get to the Iron Mines mission/map ? I'm level 18 and i'm dying to get Illusionary Weaponry.

Ralftar
13-05-2005, 22:56
Hi. Could you please explain what you mean by "energy drain - southwest of thunderhead"?

I've looked all over and couldn't find the guy, even after multiple attempts. I've also heard its directly west of Marhan's Grotto, across the bridge with the imps, but i've never found a boss mob there.

Please help.

I've actually gotten IW, and off the top of my head, Acension -> Dragon's Lair -> Ice Caves -> Ironmines

Van Tomiko
13-05-2005, 23:26
Fevered Dream - Abbadon's mouth - Plexus Shadowhook

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/VanTomiko/fd.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/VanTomiko/fd1.jpg

Vitamins
22-05-2005, 07:19
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/Lizardguard/echolocation.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/Lizardguard/echolocationonmap.jpg

There's the specific spot where echo is. I died when I took the map screenshot.

Mayella
22-05-2005, 14:14
You should send this to GWOnline to get it listed here:

http://www.gwonline.net/page.php?p=140

Would be great to have our class filled up with locations before any other class :D

Mayella
23-05-2005, 20:14
Another location for Crippling Anguish: boss called Yxthoshth in Salt Flats in the desert. He's one of those squid type looking mobs.

Lord Gargoyle
23-05-2005, 20:54
theres another spot where echo appears. its where those jade bows kill the other monster there. right along the way to the above echo spot.

Mayella
24-05-2005, 00:33
theres another spot where echo appears. its where those jade bows kill the other monster there. right along the way to the above echo spot.

It's the same monster. The bosses spawn randomly. There are a truckload of elite bosses in Perdition Rock, and several locations where they spawn on the island. Which one spawns where is partly random. It's even random whether or not the mesmer boss spawns at all. I found out today while trying to hunt Echo there :)

IMMORTAlMITCH
24-05-2005, 01:51
energy surge - second mission on fire islands

I'm pretty sure I've seen a boss in the iron horse mine mission use this too.

I was on my R/W at that time though :/

Mayella
24-05-2005, 17:41
I'm pretty sure I've seen a boss in the iron horse mine mission use this too.

I was on my R/W at that time though :/

I have only seen one Mesmer boss there so far, and that was Digo Murkstalker, and he has Illusionary Weaponry. Anyone seen another Mesmer boss besides Digo?

Herthbul
24-05-2005, 20:56
Balasi the Arcane (Mursaat) uses Energy Surge in the Iron Mines of Moladune mission.

Lord Gargoyle
24-05-2005, 22:16
It's the same monster. The bosses spawn randomly. There are a truckload of elite bosses in Perdition Rock, and several locations where they spawn on the island. Which one spawns where is partly random. It's even random whether or not the mesmer boss spawns at all. I found out today while trying to hunt Echo there :)

no, the echo saurus only spawns at those location and he is more likely tp spawn and get killed by the jade bows. if you see him, just run straight to him. he is a one hit kill because of this mursaat skill, i forgot the name. ;)

the other two spawn points are for signet of midnight and energy block, as well as for bosses of other classes.

Mayella
24-05-2005, 23:05
Balasi the Arcane (Mursaat) uses Energy Surge in the Iron Mines of Moladune mission.

Ow, ok...Got that one in RIng of Fire.

Van Tomiko
25-05-2005, 03:52
Energy Drain - Snik Hungrymind - Witman's Folly - Ice Imps

Mayella
25-05-2005, 04:18
Captured this one today:

Signet of Midnight from the squid boss called Malus Phasmatis. He's also in Perdition Rock.

Perdition Rock is a damn good place for hunting Mesmer eilte skills :D

Mayella
25-05-2005, 04:31
I see there's one more missing in the sticky post (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=347068).

I captured Mantra of Recovery from the first team boss in the Thirsty River mission. His name is Goss Aleessh.

This skill is a bit tricky to capture, since it's a Stance and not a Spell. You might not see him cast it at all, but if you just keep pressing the Capture Signet, it'll be captured.

UndeadBehlial
25-05-2005, 04:55
Really nice job guys

Herthbul
25-05-2005, 05:47
Btw UB, Mantra of Recall is on the Mesmer Dragon Facet in Dragon's Lair also.

jesterbot
27-05-2005, 20:57
Anyone know how to capture power block? I know it's the Lyssa's Cursed flesh golem in perdition rock - and tanked on him for like 15 min several times, but never got him to cast it. Also he really doesn't self-heal for anything so it's hard keeping him alive long enough (even with me and two hench healers)....

Any ideas on how to coax that spell out of him? Anyone successful at getting it? Let me know!

Thanks~

dirtycash
27-05-2005, 21:03
Anyone know how to capture power block? I know it's the Lyssa's Cursed flesh golem in perdition rock - and tanked on him for like 15 min several times, but never got him to cast it. Also he really doesn't self-heal for anything so it's hard keeping him alive long enough (even with me and two hench healers)....

Any ideas on how to coax that spell out of him? Anyone successful at getting it? Let me know!

Thanks~

I would like to know your secret of FINDING him. I have made 13 trips now... to the 2 spots he's supposed to spawn.... and nothing. I have seen every other prof boss many times. Thats 26 bosses and NO mesmer. I'm beginning to think you can't find your own primary or something. Maybe I have to be partied with other people?

dirtycash
27-05-2005, 21:49

Thanks~

I would like to know your secret of FINDING him. I have made 13 trips now... to the 2 spots he's supposed to spawn.... and nothing. I have seen every other prof boss many times. Thats 26 bosses and NO mesmer. I'm beginning to think you can't find your own primary or something. Maybe I have to be partied with other people?

jesterbot
27-05-2005, 22:13
well i'm primary mesmer - ive found him a few times and all i would do is party with the 2 healer henches and run for it over and over.... this last try i cleared everything away around Lyssa, then ran away before he accidentally died

then checked forums, got no helpful advice, and re-entered game.

i ran back to him and immediately (before even in range) started casting slow-cast non-damaging spells (the slowest i could find)... and he power blocked me within 2 seconds - GRAB!

so... it CAN be done...

dirtycash
27-05-2005, 23:02
well i'm primary mesmer - ive found him a few times and all i would do is party with the 2 healer henches and run for it over and over.... this last try i cleared everything away around Lyssa, then ran away before he accidentally died

then checked forums, got no helpful advice, and re-entered game.

i ran back to him and immediately (before even in range) started casting slow-cast non-damaging spells (the slowest i could find)... and he power blocked me within 2 seconds - GRAB!

so... it CAN be done...

yes 15 trips... finally found him... he never used and henchies kill him

Just the protection and mehnlo.... F*CK!!!!!!!

edit: where are you finding him? right outside of camp? Some people were saying just keep running back and forth from camp, instead of trying the second spot to the Northeast.

dirtycash
27-05-2005, 23:42
well me and the henchies have kept ole Lyssa alive for about 15 minutes now... still won't use it. I took all my long cast spells, and took all my points out of fast cast..... nothing...

Is this was GW meant when they said no grind? :happy34: SO IRRITATED!

dirtycash
28-05-2005, 00:50
Sigh, so I had an idea... maybe if I died. So I killed myself off. Then on the run back I had another idea. What if I got the henchies killed on the way there. Lured some hydras... and left em for dead. Just me and Lyssa now.

Immediately he used it, I wasn't ready... I died. Bastages!

So I did the same thing again, and got it! WooT! Happy I got it, pissed it took many hours.

Lebeau
28-05-2005, 16:36
Having trouble snagging Energy Drain. I have cornered Snik Hungrymind (Witman's Folly & Spearhead) countless times and he refuses to cast the darn skill.

I've tanked him for ages and he never used the skill once.

Mayella
28-05-2005, 17:00
It took me 23 runs to that spawning spot before I finally managed to get Power Block.

I do, however, also have a major problem with Sniik. I've done it so many times, but he simply won't cast it.

Lebeau
29-05-2005, 01:31
It took me 23 runs to that spawning spot before I finally managed to get Power Block.

I do, however, also have a major problem with Sniik. I've done it so many times, but he simply won't cast it.

Good to hear (well I guess technically it's bad news) that I am not the only person having this problem.

It's very difficult to keep him going as the henchies love to kill him off (mesmer bosses are so fragile). Anywho, I have a plan. If it works I will post it for everyone.

Lebeau
29-05-2005, 02:04
Update: Finally got it from him.

Killed took the bare minimum of out into Whitman's folly. Killed all of the azure spirits around him and then ran off so that the henches followed. I killed the henchies (well the ones that actually do damage) and went back to him. Hit him with Energy Tap and Spirit Shackles and waited.

10 seconds later he used the skill. :D

DreMan
29-05-2005, 09:24
ok, so heres my problem. i made it to ring of fire today and i was trying for a good 1-2 hours to unlock power block. I actually found Lyssa's Cursed at Perdition Rock around 3 or 4 times, but when i fought it, it never casted power block. I was wondering if there was something i had to do to make it cast it, i dont understand it. i tried casting as much as i could since its an inturupting skill, but still nothing. could anyone please just verify that power block is indeed captured from Lyssa's Cursed and if so... how did you do it?!?! i tried doing some of the stuff you guys said worked, but nothing yet. any more tricks up your sleeves?

thanks in advance

Nobleman Azure
29-05-2005, 12:03
all i can say is patience, i had my target locked on him while running back and forth so hes kept alive until he casted it.

DreMan
31-05-2005, 22:56
thanks for the tips guys, i finally got it after trying it a few more times. i tried that stratagy where i kill all the mobs around him first then run around and get the henchmen killed by the hydras so its a 1vs1 fight with the boss. as soon as i casted a spell in this 1vs1 battle he used it immediately on me and i then captured it.

thanks again guys! i would have never thought of doing it that way, i like the way you think :happy65:

Aquamarine
02-06-2005, 01:20
There's a super easy way to get Crippling Anguish, the boss has already been mentioned, but to guarantee it's appearance, take the Ranger's Path quest in Seeker's Passage, and the arrow will lead you right to him, Yxttshoth or whatever his name is.

moenbase
03-09-2005, 02:21
hey there, this link seems to be broken: removed
source of link: http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=354361

**thanks Moenbase, that link should never have been there, I put in the link to another map instead of the GWOnline one :)**