PDA

View Full Version : Where to get the weapons?

Balord the Bold
13-05-2005, 14:51
I've read a few forums posts and comments have been made about how much damage the various weapons do. I appreciate this information. My question is, where do you get these weapons that do such high damage? I'm in post-searing now and I've had a hammer that does 11-17 damage for almost the entire game. I haven't found anything else that even comes close. I'd like to switch over to axe if I could because I'd like to be able to use a shield, but I can't find one that does any where near the damage my hammer does. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Cloak
13-05-2005, 17:42
To my knowledge you might not be able to find what you're looking for. The hammers are two handed weapons, and out of the 3 classes of weapons (Sword, Axe, Hammer) hammer class does the most. The reason is (in my opinion) because hammers do no benefit from a shield. So, eventually if you find an axe that does more damage then your hammer, I can almost guarantee you will find/acquire hammers that do more damage then that axe.

Question is are you willing to sacrifice hammer offense for a shield?

Azrus Revell
14-05-2005, 01:47
Base damage with a Hammer is higher, but with the right skills, a Sword and Shield can easily outdamage a Hammer. On top of lacking a shield while using Hammers, they're slower than swords as well. >.>

Anyways... These weapons are found on monsters either in, or beyond the Crystal Desert. You'll have a hard time finding one before then.

If you want one though, your best bet is to find a trader who's selling max damage weapons. There's plenty of 'em out there, just have to find 'em. :)

RotJ
14-05-2005, 02:00
What level are you and how much of the map have you opened up?

If your character's still rather new, the easiest place to get rare hammer drops in the Ascalon region is probably Dragon's Gullet, which is northeast of Grendich Courthouse. Abominations drop decent loot and are very easy to take out. If you're a W/Mo, you can easily solo them, since smiting does double damage.

Of course, the quickest way to get a better hammer is to buy one or trade for it. RPGtraders (http://www.rpgtraders.net/guildwars/) is a good resource.

Serpentine
14-05-2005, 05:13
11-17? Someone I didn't know GAVE (for free) me a sword that did 14-19 in Post-Searing Ascalon. Just go to town and say "WTB hammer/sword/axe better than 11-17" or something to that effect. People don't typically charge a lot for weapons.